Mastery or Haste #arcanemageproblems Which one to go with

Honestly im having a tough time with this, Currently im in a full mastery/ROP build because the comp that we have right now doesnt have a haste buff with it. I want to switch back to a haste/invo build, raid buffed I would be 28.5 percent and I dont know if that would be enough to sustain the DPS I was doing on most fights because of losing about 5-6 percent haste. Mastery would be at about 62% raid buffed if that helps

Opinions? Thoughts? im comfortable with both styles of play I just want to see what others think.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 01:31 PM ----------

Cant post links yet, Find my forum name RuckusUncle at DestroMath for armory

Normally on Feng for example im about to put up 85-90k

Deleted
    Are there any mages even doing the haste/invo build on live that actually score high rankings with it? No I'm not talking about 90k dps before anyone asks

10+ Year Old Account
    You could also try switching to Haste + RoP with Mage Armor. That way you can 6-Charge camp with more blasts and fewer Scorches. If you have the gold, test in LFR what you feel most comfortable with if it's giving good results.

I've been kind of doing a mix of both but focusing mainly on mastery. I have about 10% haste and 56% mastery with my mage armor up.
    This seems to be working fairly well for me.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 02:59 PM ----------

What level 90 talent are u using?

I've actually found, though some may disagree, that Incanter's Ward works best for me. The passive bonus seems to help more than the bonuses from the other 2 lvl 90 talents. Although, I really cannot stand the other 2 level 90 talents so that may have more to do with why I chose Incanter's ward

The haste build is strictly about haste, which means using Frost Armor. Look at the other threads for what everyone else is doing with their Haste setup. Raid-buffed, I sit slightly over 32% haste. If you want my opinion, Haste/Invo build will pull slightly less DPS than Haste/RoP: you're burning faster and as your mana decreases so does your damage because you're not stacking mastery. I wouldn't rely on IW for your damage buff. We prefer to have constant buffs than a spotty one. Play around with your toon and its stats and see what works. Haste influences mana regen so when you pair it w/ RoP, you can 6-charge camp all day and rarely have to Scorch, as Shangalar suggested.

Deleted
    You say you wanna go back to haste/invo, but why dont you use haste/RoP ?

Haste/RoP doesnt require any minimum amount of haste at all. You either go full haste/frost armor or full mastery/mage armor.

I agree, I switched back and now with everything im at 28.5% haste with frost armor, im just hoping thats enough to keep up with some of the people we have

I cant really see #arcanemageproblems trending on twitter anytime soon.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Im also trying out Full Mastery/ROP with Frost Armor and it seems to be working well as well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    Are there any mages even doing the haste/invo build on live that actually score high rankings with it? No I'm not talking about 90k dps before anyone asks
    Yes. Every raid.

Quote Originally Posted by RuckusUncle View Post
    Im also trying out Full Mastery/ROP with Frost Armor and it seems to be working well as well
    You might have hit a certain % of haste that is good with buffs+gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Yes. Every raid.
    Inb4 someone goes all emo already and call me elitist but your ranks arent really good. Not saying you're a bad player but my general question was if theres any Arcane Mage within the top 10 on WoL that is using Haste, since I highly doubt anyone does (I havent seen anyone and it takes far to long to go through every armory out there).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    Inb4 someone goes all emo already and call me elitist but your ranks arent really good. Not saying you're a bad player but my general question was if theres any Arcane Mage within the top 10 on WoL that is using Haste, since I highly doubt anyone does (I havent seen anyone and it takes far to long to go through every armory out there).
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=3048&e=3525
    This guy did.
    Didn't took me that long neither.

Deleted
    On my mage alt (have like 3 top 30logs whoop whoop) i tried out mastery, haste and a mix of both for quite some time just after the fire nerf hit. What i found was that haste > mastery with RoP and 6stack camping did pretty much the same dps as mastery > haste with RoP and 6stack camping. Mixing both ended up doing pretty much the same dps aswell on a single target fight. On multi target fights however, i found that mastery > haste did more dps, so i ended up going mastery RoP since the singletarget dps is the same but mastery pulling ahead on multi target fights.
    Haste > mastery is more fun imo though since you mash moar bewtonz.