Talking Need help with my diet. No more man boobs!

I need help with my diet! My current diet plan is. I have to kill my man boobs!

fish:
    rice:
    salad:
    Bread:
    rinse and repeat.

I don't eat much junk anymore. I try to have a pizza once a month or so. Any tips
    Last edited by Preston Garvey; 2013-01-07 at 11:55 PM.

skip the bread, maybe add in some chicken...not fried ofc, marinated and baked chicken can be good and it's nice lean protein. Nuts are also a good inbetween meals snack, half cup of cashews or something.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    skip the bread, maybe add in some chicken...not fried ofc, marinated and baked chicken can be good and it's nice lean protein. Nuts are also a good inbetween meals snack, half cup of cashews or something.
    I thought wholemeal bread would be ok in moderation ofcourse?

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Ok I have chicken as well. is it okay for me to grill it as well. I have like 3 George foreman grills?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Count your calories, there is an app for your phone called "MyFitnessPal" its a good start and has been helping me.

Eat in moderation. Don't eat white bread, the wholegrain one is good just make it like max 1-2 slices per day. Don't drink stuff with sugar in it (soft drink and "juices"). Eat green stuff. But most importantly eat atleast 5-6 times per day, small portions. In the end it really doesn't matter what you eat (unless you want super fast results which aint healthy) as long as you eat often and small portions and make sure not to go over you calorie limit. DONT TORTURE YOURSELF OR YOU WILL BE THRU WITH DIET IN NO TIME!

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing weight isn't as simple as dieting, even then once your weight is gone you'll still feel as lethargic as you did before. Dieting isn't bad, but just mix in running. You don't have to go outside and run 6 miles, just get some sort of cardio going daily. Eventually as weight slips off you'll feel great about yourself since you'll be getting yourself some kind of physical fitness.

Be sure to excercise too. This is really good for getting in shape: http://www.c25k.com/

Running in the morning is better for you also.

Edit: Losing weight and getting in better shape will make your body hate you. There is no such thing as easy weight loss.
    Last edited by Slammin Shaman; 2013-01-08 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Losing weight isn't as simple as dieting, even then once your weight is gone you'll still feel as lethargic as you did before. Dieting isn't bad, but just mix in running. You don't have to go outside and run 6 miles, just get some sort of cardio going daily. Eventually as weight slips off you'll feel great about yourself since you'll be getting yourself some kind of physical fitness.
    well said I just ordered P90X I'm hoping that will help some.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Eat in moderation. Don't eat white bread, the wholegrain one is good just make it like max 1-2 slices per day. Don't drink stuff with sugar in it (soft drink and "juices"). Eat green stuff. But most importantly eat atleast 5-6 times per day, small portions. In the end it really doesn't matter what you eat (unless you want super fast results which aint healthy) as long as you eat often and small portions and make sure not to go over you calorie limit. DONT TORTURE YOURSELF OR YOU WILL BE THRU WITH DIET IN NO TIME!
    yeah I'm trying to stop with the juice. I'm drinking more water.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisif View Post
    I thought wholemeal bread would be ok in moderation ofcourse?
    If the goal is to get rid of fats, carbohydrates are something you'll want to minimize. You'll already be getting plenty from vegetables, good green ones especially. Bread just becomes empty carbs that lower the metabolic ratios. You want your body to be converting fat when exercising not just carbs in the blood stream. Lean Protein is also important to minimize carbohydrate uptake.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    well said I just ordered P90X I'm hoping that will help some.
    P90X is murder. For the first few weeks, you won't be able to finish the excercises. Don't be discouraged, it's hard. There is a reason people are ripped in 3 months.

To reiterate someone else's point: Eating small portions throughout the day (instead of 3 big meals, 5 small ones) will increase your metabolism. As you get in better shape, you will start eating more to keep up with your regiment. I remember after races (5 or 10k) I would go to the nearest buffet and eat about 4 or 5 pounds of food. Then I would be hungry again in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    P90X is murder. For the first few weeks, you won't be able to finish the excercises. Don't be discouraged, it's hard. There is a reason people are ripped in 3 months.

To reiterate someone else's point: Eating small portions throughout the day (instead of 3 big meals, 5 small ones) will increase your metabolism. As you get in better shape, you will start eating more to keep up with your regiment. I remember after races (5 or 10k) I would go to the nearest buffet and eat about 4 or 5 pounds of food. Then I would be hungry again in a few hours.
    P90x is kinda shitty tbh. It doesn't do what fitness should do: make a routine suited to fix your muscular imbalances, posture, and flexibility. It isn't even designed well for muscular growth. The only thing it is good for is making a routine that people can stick to because it isn't very hard yet challenging enough to make people think they are getting a significant benefit. If you are looking to look good, dieting will do it faster for you than p90x. If you are looking to actually fix muscular imbalances and how you feel in life, you need a professional trainer who can assess your skeletal muscular system and proscribe exercises to help you stretch your short muscles and help activate those muscles that are dormant. A lot of people mistake what "toning" means and think it means looking muscular but not bulky. Actually, toning is defined as having proper activation of muscles such that you have good balance and function in life. A sumo wrestler can be toned.

Losing fat is easy. Getting a 6 pack is easy. All it requires is the fortitude to starve yourself. What is hard is learning how to stand, sit, squat, and activate your muscles properly. Any joe can not eat. It takes a lot of knowledge and skill to teach yourself how to move properly. That is why trainers are not there to make you ripped (which, honestly, isn't that healthy) and why they do not make you do "hard" exercises that make you sweat. They are there to make you healthier, not more "attractive".

Once you know how to properly move, you can start doing heavy exercises to build mass. Doing heavy exercises before you know how to properly move is just a proscription for pain when you get older.

Here is a good example of why p90x is bad:

Sure, she got skinnier and more attractive. But her shoulders are still slumped forward, her pelvic tilt is still excessive, and her head is actually further forward than it was before she started. Frankly, her posture is worse considering it looks like she is trying to suck in her gut in the last photo (look at her hand, she looks intense and not relaxed).
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2013-01-08 at 01:07 AM.

just go on like a 60 day fast thats what i do whenever i need to lose some weight O-O first week is hell but once i get used to it i feel awesome and food tastes so much better after you havent had any for a long time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    just go on like a 60 day fast thats what i do whenever i need to lose some weight O-O first week is hell but once i get used to it i feel awesome and food tastes so much better after you havent had any for a long time
    What the......WHAT?!

10+ Year Old Account
    others have said replace the bread and yeah that's what I would do. Fruits/veggies are fine, I would certainly add some fruits in there. Nuts are ok, maybe some saturated fast like coconut butter in moderation. The only things that are going to really get you fat or make you not lose weight are starches and refined sugars

You could try getting dengue fever ... i lost the last bit of my gut after getting it sadly ... could barely eat all i did was drink water and sweat like hell with a retarded high fever ... when i could find energy to move most i could manage was a half bowl of soup then back to bed with another bottle of water ...

but honestly if you really wanna lose your man boobs ... cardo and small meals ...

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    others have said replace the bread and yeah that's what I would do. Fruits/veggies are fine, I would certainly add some fruits in there. Nuts are ok, maybe some saturated fast like coconut butter in moderation. The only things that are going to really get you fat or make you not lose weight are starches and refined sugars
    Yeah because no one can overeat on butter and steak.