Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Geth View Post
    Does blizz need to restock its coffers again?
    Send a gold bullion their way.

On a more on topic note though, I still cannot get over the amount of people who see this as an acceptable practice. This is a subscription MMO with a cash shop. A subscription game with a mount that costs more than a months worth of playtime.

The usual expected "well then don't buy it!" or "it is their game, they need to make money somehow!" and variants of such aside, I think a million (billion?) dollar company is just being greedy to a fault when a cash shop is in play with a subscription MMO, especially when you consider how much money is invested each day, let alone each month, in overpriced character transfers/remodels/etc.

Commence lulz worthy flaming.

what's the appropriate amount of profit for a company to not be greedy? care to give us a number?

And here I thought the Quillen mount was bad. Holy cow that's ugly.

I perfectly understand why Blizzard does this even though wow is a sub game. They make a ton of money of it, nothing wrong with a company wantin to do that.. However, personally that price is a tad to high..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    what's the appropriate amount of profit for a company to not be greedy? care to give us a number?
    It doesnt have a specified number but feel and impression that company makes towards its customers. When we have some jaring problems in game itself varying from PvP to PvE and all we hear about them are excuses such as "limited resources (lol)" or "technical limitations", it gets rather irky when we see the very same company somehow finding enough resources to make a mount that doesnt bring anything to game itself.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between cloud 9 and the seventh level of hell
    man, i must be sick in the head or something...

i actually kinda like the way it looks lol. Then again i like the Quillen that came with the collector's edition too...

and i just got the 150 mount achievement...

ok, maybe i just like mount collecting and MUST HAVE IT (lol :P)

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Send a gold bullion their way.

On a more on topic note though, I still cannot get over the amount of people who see this as an acceptable practice. This is a subscription MMO with a cash shop. A subscription game with a mount that costs more than a months worth of playtime.

The usual expected "well then don't buy it!" or "it is their game, they need to make money somehow!" and variants of such aside, I think a million (billion?) dollar company is just being greedy to a fault when a cash shop is in play with a subscription MMO, especially when you consider how much money is invested each day, let alone each month, in overpriced character transfers/remodels/etc.

Commence lulz worthy flaming.
    I think I post this most times a new mount comes out. Are you seriously complaining about a business making a profit from something that is incredibly successful? Do you complain when you pay too much for drinks on a night out, for cigarettes, for dinner at a restaurant?

Blizzard will have to come out with a crazy cool looking mount for me to consider shelling out cash for a mount that doesn't have any other functions than the other 50 mounts I have and never use.

typical activision blizzard, horrible cash grab

WoW this is a first a mount that isn't cool looking up for sale on the store :0
    I wonder how successful it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by kittenboots View Post
    good lord that thing is very unfortunate looking.
    i think it looks like
    an inbred goat

Don't really get why you complain about them selling a mount in their store even when WoW is subscription based.
    Your subscription does not warrant free stuff. You get content and the right to log in for your 12 euros or w/e it is. This is just extra on top of it. But you gotta pay for it.
    It isn't game breaking if you don't buy it.

There's no difference between a f2p mmo who sells something cosmetic vs. a pay to play mmo who sells something cosmetic.

Ah well. Each new mount and pet added to the store spurrs the same replies as always.
    MMO-Champ should disable commenting on some of their news imho.

Rudolph looks pissed

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see myself purchasing one anytime soon. Truthfully the mounts in the Blizzard store haven't appealed to me as much as mounts I can receive in the game itself without paying real-world money.

This one in my opinion might be the ugliest. I don't even know what to make of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    That mount should not be in the store. It should be a reward for something. 2400 in rbg or arena for example. Or some PVE achievement. Always the cool mounts for cash. Lame.

The amount of people posting "GOAT RUDOLPH LOL" make my head hurt. Just goes to show you how many people don't know shit about fiction unless it's shoveled down their throats in high fantasy tv/video games. Hell I can't even say that, they were even in DnD.

Personally I wish the nose/ears weren't that weird skin color too but otherwise it's a faithful rendition of a Kirin and a really cool mount for mythology buffs. I'm just glad to see they acknowledged actual Kirins in the game after giving the name of Qilins (another spelling of Kirins) to FOO DOGS.

I do think it would have been more successful if they "westernized" it a bit more in the face rather than following the traditional pictures so faithfully, as most modern depictions merge it with the western unicorn a bit more. The red cow-like snout and copious facial hair almost makes it look like a baboon. They could've also went with a more appealing color scheme and some glow effects. Kirins were described in mythology as practically shitting magic, if there was one time a mount called for sparkles it's this one.

This has got to be the worst looking mount ever and to charge 25USD for it is just retarded.

Damn that mount made me put my fingers in my mouth and puke.

Sadly, if only .05% buy it, its a hit for em. PT Barnum was a genius.

The only thing I dislike, is the strange way your toon moves when you use it on the ground. Even when looking at it from behind it ends up giving me a headache.

10+ Year Old Account
    For something that is optional and not game breaking, there are a lot of angry people..