Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah.. I havent gotten my 2h sword nor axe off the 2 raids.. ;\ I get nothing but gold off everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    "probably the best way to do it"? Are you serious? The current system is nowhere close to the way it should. Randomly handing out loot to a player without respect to anything besides the spec they play is absolute garbage. The system in place is probably as bad as it could get. The room for improvement is very abundant.
    Except you want an "improvement" that is not what Blizzard wants the system to do. Yes, it hands out stuff randomly and without regard to whether you still need the item, but that's perfectly on purpose. It's not meant to make it easier for you to gear up.

been about 7-8 weeks of Sha of Anger not dropping my pants... so many coins lost to the abyss

I don't believe anyone who says they haven't got a piece of loot in 2 months. That's 152 tries and 0 loot.

Clearly possible, but not to the extend of how many people I've seen use that figure or similar to complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Seriously, not trying to be an ass, but I call this bullsh*t. 2 months and you didn't get a SINGLE item?? No way in hell. I never met 1 person who doesn't get at least 1 item a week.
    Really? I'll link my armory if you'd like. My rogue got the tier chest the first week HoF launched on LFR. That was it since then. I've gotten the MSV fist one time since then (didn't need it in the slightest) but that's only 2 drops in all those weeks of at least running HoF/ToES every week. Like I said, if you're having a huge problem believing this, I'll link the armory, but it happens. The resto shaman in my guild has got 3 items to drop in LFR since launch, not running religiously. That's months and months of bosses.

It happens more than you'd think in your little bubble.

15 bosses for how many weeks now and I'm still rocking a blue trinket, blue pants and a blue dagger. (Would be two but a friend snagged me an xmas dagger. Note, I dont raid live, just LFR on the rogue)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Try getting nothing but gold from both the coins and LFR until 5.1, then getting 7 (this week made number 7) Vanquisher tokens out of LFR (6 without using a single coin).

The loot system is total crap and needs to be worked on even more and/or reverted back.

Deleted
    You should talk to a GM I think. You're probably bugged. The probability of getting no loot for such a long time is literally below zero!

Deleted
    I got no loot for 2 months with the old system, both are RNG and there are many better ways the LFR looting system could work, such as making coins in LFR guarantee you a piece of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by thevolget View Post
    Try getting nothing but gold from both the coins and LFR until 5.1, then getting 7 (this week made number 7) Vanquisher tokens out of LFR (6 without using a single coin).

The loot system is total crap and needs to be worked on even more and/or reverted back.
    Reverted back to what? Elder charms are a convenience at most and just give you another shot at the slot machine that is loot drops. This is way better than the old LFR system where people who didn't need gear won rolls. Normal and heroic drops are still the same as they've always been. Raid long enough and you'll know you won't always get what you want at the start, took me MONTHS into Dragon Soul to get some of the tier pieces and gear I wanted. Had Rags Normal on farm for months too and never saw Sulfuras drop. RNG is RNG.

I have terrible luck in LFR.

So far I have 2 shoulders and 2 gloves from LFR everything else I have is either rep grind/dungeon reward and just upgraded. I've not had any loot in quite a few resets now but meh its swings and round abouts my poor luck will end. I really should grind out some charms though ¬_¬ as i've got 0!

My friend on the other hand is being showered with loot.

Yes well.. the issue with the system is exactly that - it's random. And while "random" works out in the long run over all players, those in the middle of the spectrum are doing fine and dandy. The people who get some items every week, usually items they don't have and very rarely items they already have. They're happy. They won't complain nor boast.

Then you have people who are on the high end of the spectrum - the ones who get an item off of almost every boss, almost every time they get an item they don't already have... and they need to raid LFR no more than a few times. They exist. They're rare, but they exist. The players who have exorbitant amounts of luck. They're incredibly happy.

And finally you have people who are on the low end. They get nothing. Nada. Null. Ever. They exist, aswell, even if equally rare to the high end ones.

That's the flaw of the system - the random is so well designed that while "general" population is 'fine', and select few are absolutely fabulous, but there's also players who hate the guts out of the loot system. People such as the OP.

People such as me.

I have had shit luck on my characters. I've gotten a few items off of LFR across my toons, nothing to boast about, nothing along average, and I'm basically on the medium-low end of the spectrum. My luck isn't average 15%, it's more like 5%. Now with pet drops from bosses... I got every pet every week off of every vanilla boss the first week. Then I farmed more and got more of them.

But that's useless to me. I don't care about pets. What I do care about, however, is having good luck when I want to gear up.

It doesn't exist for me. Or a lot of other players. Why? Because of the stupid "averages out for everyone" excuse. Not for player - for everyone. See, the way the system _should_ work, is average out _per player_. Say, every boss you don't get loot, your chance increases for next boss by 15%. Every time you get loot - it decreases. So if you get loot a lot, your chance can eventually go to 0%. And if you never do... well, after 6 bosses, you have 90% chance of getting loot, and on 7th you're guaranteed loot with 105%. This way, it would be average of 15% per player. Not overall. Per player.

So yeah.

i snagged 1 item outta running lfr MV this week.. luckily it was the sceptre off will of the emps that i needed. 1/6 isnt a bad ratio.. but ive had 7 weeks of lfr where i never got anything.. or id get 1 item that i already had which was pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is not for gear, it's for the experience.
    /thread.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Killed 7 LFR bosses today - got 4 tokens (sold 2 of them to a vendor). Problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    While the new loot system seems unfair. You are just very unlucky. I haven't gotten an item since LFR came out, I kill Sha every week. No item off him, after roughly 7 weeks of no loot. I just gave up and stopped running LFR.

i simply dont believe you.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    While the new loot system seems unfair. You are just very unlucky. I haven't gotten an item since LFR came out, I kill Sha every week. No item off him, after roughly 7 weeks of no loot. I just gave up and stopped running LFR.
    I dont believe you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    There are only 2 bosses left I need loot from for my holy set, and both of them have never dropped an item for me Rng sux but the system is still better then it was in CAT where people would just roll to roll.
    only need loot from 1 boss on my main worst part is he drops both pieces i need ( shoulders for 4 peice and sha gun) i did win the lfr chest from grand empress but its a huge down grade to the 496 one i won from galion a way back

I just don't get all these people that say: "it is loads better then the old system so stop complaining". I've had my share aswell that people said this when I critized the new system.

Do you realise how unintelligent this sounds? Sure you are all right, the system IS better. The point most people are trying to make who "complain" about it is: (drums please)
    There are still a lot of possibilities to IMPROVE on this current system. Even blizzard blues said that the current system isn't perfect. That doesn't mean they have an answer to the VALID complains about the current system. So please do not treat this new system like it is the holy grail and perfect in every way and tell every critic to shut up about any kind of complaints.

I think everyone agrees that the current system is more FAIR to everyone. No one gets any advantage.

But it sucks majorly that:
    - you cannot trade items to other people

Yes you can abuse this if you are a full guildrun or even a few "friends/guildies" in a LFR. But still no one would be deprived of loot. And the other benefit is: you can also be nice to eachother by giving away loot to a total stranger. This would also only continue to work without harrasment if loot was still "anonymous as it is now. So this would be a welcome addition. If abused the gearing process of people would be a bit more quick. So what? It is only LFR gear and the abusing itself is only viable if a lot of players already have better gear. So who are you helping with this abusement? Yes alts and new recruits who need gear to help the guild.

- you can get duplicate items

This is nice for enchanters RIGHT NOW. But in the long run it is stupid. Prices are already dropping on Sha Crystals. And having duplicate items drop for you that you can use for an alternate spec/built well.... I think more people want NEW loot then duplicate loot or even gold. Do I have any figures on that statement? No but I do read these and the official forums.

I am not sure at the moment but - I think the spec issue was solved right? You get loot now based on the spec you are raiding in (you can switch specs before rolling with a coin right?).

Personally I'd like items according to your main and offspec. (=2 types of loot)
    Perhaps even a higher chance of loot on your mainspec and a smaller chance of loot on offspec gear. Or even better: Select the spec you want loot for BEFORE going into the LFR. Flag a box or something to make this clear. I am guessing that the queues will be faster like that. More tanks will signup more healers too. They can just raid in healingspec or tankspec until they have a good set of dps gear for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I just don't get all these people that say: "it is loads better then the old system so stop complaining". I've had my share aswell that people said this when I critized the new system.

Do you realise how unintelligent this sounds? Sure you are all right, the system IS better. The point most people are trying to make who "complain" about it is: (drums please)
    There are still a lot of possibilities to IMPROVE on this current system. Even blizzard blues said that the current system isn't perfect. That doesn't mean they have an answer to the VALID complains about the current system. So please do not treat this new system like it is the holy grail and perfect in every way and tell every critic to shut up about any kind of complaints.

I think everyone agrees that the current system is more FAIR to everyone. No one gets any advantage.

But it sucks majorly that:
    - you cannot trade items to other people
    This is why your entire argument goes out the window. The system was exploited out the butt by the ability to trade items. THAT is why they made the new loot system - to stop LFR becoming a hostage of the lucky and Guilds. The point of LFR is to allow individual progression for those who can't or don't want to participate in the larger social structure a Guild requires. The fact that others can also participate is a side benefit.

When you let players trade items, you totally destroy the point of the new system and what it's changes bring to the table; absolute fairplay.

Yes, it sucks to get duplicates, yes it sucks to get nothing but gold ever. You know what would suck more?

- They make it so you can trade items.
    - You and a buddy queue for LFR.
    - You get into a group of 15-20 members of the same Guild.
    - Boss is killed, you and your buddy get gold.
    - Some members of that Guild got the item you want.
    - Bidding Starts at 75,000 gold *OR* suddenly the tank has 4p and a new weapon from one kill.
    - Welcome to how LFR used to be, once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Yeah, the new system is fair to everyone. In Cataclysm I had 4 pieces T13 a trinket and a staff in 2-3 weeks because I ran LFR with at least 10 other people from my guild who ran it with alts, so they could need the loot for me. I then returned the favor with my alts of course. It was fantastic for me, because we could gear up extremely easy and fast, but also very, very unfair to anyone else that was not in a guild, or their guild was not organized or supportive. Now even though I'm quite unlucky with RNG, the new system is at least fair to everyone and that's the way to go.

P.S. I saw a post in this thread mentioning that everyone is getting at least 1 item per week. Well, my personal record so far is 4 weeks without a SINGLE item, using 3 charms per week. (This is from running HoF and Terrace, since I don't need anything from MV).