Deleted

Brewmaster Fist Weapons

Hi Guys,

Can't seem to find the answer anywhere, so hopefully someone knows here.

Can brewmasters get Fist weapons using an elder token on Gara'Jal (hc) and Empress (hc)?
    I got 1 fist but the other just never drops, wondering if using elder tokens on these bosses is worth it or not.

cheers,
    Xarmon

Yes.

For reference, if you look in the dungeon journal and filter for your spec, any loot that is shown there can be obtained via elder charms.

Deleted
    It might be worth noting that, as far as I have seen, the loot tables for WW and Brewmaster are exactly the same.
    This means that if you are a tank looking to get gear in LFR, but are able to play WW, queue as both. It doesn't matter if you're given a DPS spot, you might just get in sooner and you'll have the same chance for the same gear you wanted anyway.

I've also managed to top the meters in Brewmaster gems/reforges but in WW spec - but that's just LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    It might be worth noting that, as far as I have seen, the loot tables for WW and Brewmaster are exactly the same.
    This means that if you are a tank looking to get gear in LFR, but are able to play WW, queue as both. It doesn't matter if you're given a DPS spot, you might just get in sooner and you'll have the same chance for the same gear you wanted anyway.

I've also managed to top the meters in Brewmaster gems/reforges but in WW spec - but that's just LFR.
    Or you just save your sanity and go only dps. Thats what i do. Cba with shitty cotanks and trouble myself through some lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarmon View Post
    Hi Guys,

Can't seem to find the answer anywhere, so hopefully someone knows here.

Can brewmasters get Fist weapons using an elder token on Gara'Jal (hc) and Empress (hc)?
    I got 1 fist but the other just never drops, wondering if using elder tokens on these bosses is worth it or not.

cheers,
    Xarmon
    Definitly true for the Gara fists since i got one from loot and one from bonus roll (at the same time freakin lucky me.)
    But ya most loot is the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Careful with that as it's not entirely the case : once, I used a charm hoping for Tsulong's staff but I got the trinket which could never have happened in DPS spec (it has a dodge proc).

Except for the trinkets, Sleuth's statements remains true, though.

Deleted
    Cool, will keep trying then.

Cheers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    Or you just save your sanity and go only dps. Thats what i do. Cba with shitty cotanks and trouble myself through some lfr.
    But ya most loot is the same
    Eh, you can mostly just "solo-tank" about 80% of LFR - that is to say, most fights with stacking debuffs like Feng, Ta'yak, Lei Shi etc you can get away with pushing some silly high stacks because the damage is lower. In essence, if your LFR co-tank isn't on the ball, it's usually not the end of the world.

I like tanking LFR because I like directing things like CC and kill orders while simultaneously tanking everything (I'm an aggro whore XD ) and setting a very fast pace. A perk is also getting a feeling of smug satisfaction when I end up somewhere in the top five spots for Recount - bad DPS tend to try and up their game when they find out they're being smashed by a tank =p

As for the coin rolls - yep, anything you can use in your current spec that can be dropped by the boss can also be won with a coin. In my first week of LFR, I got a fist drop from Gara, used a coin as well, got a second fist.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned above there are a few bosses (Tsulong and Elegon as examples) that can drop some very "tanky" items instead of the goodies you are after. I'd suggest swapping to WW real quick before spending your coin unless you are actually after the occasional Mastery/Stam items (mostly trinkets) that work into the loot tables for BrM.

Weapon tables are the same for BrM and WW though, I got 2x Claws and the Kings 2H through coins before I moved on to HoF.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.