Thread: Public Apology

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Public Apology

Sorry for coming into your battlegrounds in PvE gear with no clue what I'm doing.
    I was doing the PvE questline for the legendary gem socket. I'm sure you wanted me in your BG about as much as I wanted to be there.

Thanks for the carry, sorry for being such a noob. o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    Sorry for coming into your battlegrounds in PvE gear with no clue what I'm doing.
    I was doing the PvE questline for the legendary gem socket. I'm sure you wanted me in your BG about as much as I wanted to be there.

Thanks for the carry, sorry for being such a noob. o/
    haha, what i did when i joined was link the quest and say blame blizzard for making me do pvp in full pve gear without any intrests for playing pvp with a monk

Even tho it is rather a flame targeting blizzard than a real apology you still earned my respect for doing this!

Just by your attitude I can sense that is likely that you contributed more to that battleground than 1/3rd of your teammates.

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to apologize. When a game implements such things as to intertwine PvE players with PvP players or vise versa then these things are bound to happen. It's stupid and completely rediculous, but bound to happen.

Ahhh this happened during Children's Week also. I don't know if they still have the quest or achievement but I remember you had to do quests that involved some objectives in pvp battlegrounds. What a disaster!! I know for sure one was you had to kill the enemy in your flag room or carrying the flag in WSG so you had people who never left flag room and oh yeah no pvp gear. Another was cap a flag in EOTS so again they all sat on the flag while your team got zerged and had now towers to cap the flag with. Forums were a great read, since most of the replies was "I want my albino drake".

Yeah, I'm going to be doing this too I'm afraid. I'm planning on queueing with my more PvP-oriented guildies to minimise the damage, but still: I'm going to be there, probably in Brewmaster spec, in full PvE gear.

Thematically I understand why Blizzard are doing this (it's an expansion where the war between Alliance and Horde takes centre stage, so requiring us to do some Battlegrounds makes sense story-wise)... But it's still pretty frustrating. Alas.

stoy wise, it okay with me. War betweem alliance and horde, and we're trying to prove to wrathion that the horde/alliance is superior.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Ahhh this happened during Children's Week also. I don't know if they still have the quest or achievement but I remember you had to do quests that involved some objectives in pvp battlegrounds. What a disaster!! I know for sure one was you had to kill the enemy in your flag room or carrying the flag in WSG so you had people who never left flag room and oh yeah no pvp gear. Another was cap a flag in EOTS so again they all sat on the flag while your team got zerged and had now towers to cap the flag with. Forums were a great read, since most of the replies was "I want my albino drake".
    there are some seasonal objectives for pvp yes, how ever its different to go do "School of Hard Knocks" for an achievement especially since most of ur grp will likely be doing the same thing, than doing what most ppl would call forced pvp for a legendary weapon

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh great, what exactly is this part of the quest? I had bad luck with the drops from the first phase so I am still in the process of collecting the 6000 VP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Oh great, what exactly is this part of the quest? I had bad luck with the drops from the first phase so I am still in the process of collecting the 6000 VP.
    the part that comes after that, u need to win temple of kotmogu and silver shard mines. also u need to kill enemy npc in krasa with 130mil hp

Deleted
    As a full time PvPer, as long as you're intelligent, wear whatever gear you want. Act wisely and you're not a detriment to the group, or even a carry.

Let's be honest sir, no matter how bad you are in your pve gear - you are still worlds better than a bot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    haha, what i did when i joined was link the quest and say blame blizzard for making me do pvp in full pve gear without any intrests for playing pvp with a monk
    LOL That must have turned some heads

BTW, dont feel bad, your gains more from a PVE geared dude that is willing to conrtibute than from a bot even if he got full pvp gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    the part that comes after that, u need to win temple of kotmogu and silver shard mines. also u need to kill enemy npc in krasa with 130mil hp
    You only need to win them each one time? That's not as bad then as I imagined it may been, was expecting something like "kill X amount of players over the next few weeks".

And you couldn't have spent 1k to get the PvP pieces? I mean hell you can spend the 10k if needed to replace the legendary gem but you couldn't make it to an AH to try and be a bit more viable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    You only need to win them each one time? That's not as bad then as I imagined it may been, was expecting something like "kill X amount of players over the next few weeks".
    yeh just win both once, originally it was "win 10 bgs" later they changed it to just those 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    And you couldn't have spent 1k to get the PvP pieces? I mean hell you can spend the 10k if needed to replace the legendary gem but you couldn't make it to an AH to try and be a bit more viable?
    Contenders gear is not even worth being called pvp gear lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Contenders gear is not even worth being called pvp gear lol....
    Compared to PVE gear it's still much better in a PvP environment.