Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Horde and Alliance will not get a playable Naga race. Why? Because the Night Elves are mortal enemies of the Naga? Because the Horde knows they serve the Old Gods that want to bring about the destruction of the planet just like Outland? Guess how many Orcs would like to see Azeroth end up like Outland?

Why? Most importantly because the Naga have no legs and Blizzard has spent too much time making models for pants and boots. How would you code a Naga sitting on a mount? Blizzard will NEVER add Naga as a playable race mostly because they don't have legs, they have a snakes bottom.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-01-09 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    Just like the title says i reckon the next expansion both horde and alliance will be able to use The Naga as a race.
    i'm not sure if they would introduce another new character because blizzard are lazy.
    but you heard it here first the naga.
    what do you guys think?
    If it had been a Naga expansion, had a continuation of the overall story from SSC and Lady Vashj along with some continued underwater cavern raiding and dungeons similar to neptulon (a story that seems to have been dropped as well as Throne of the tides raid). I might have bough it. It would have had more continuing story and info people knew in WOW than anything MOP has had to offer.

We got MOP - So I skipped it.

Deleted
    Do you know what I want? Just for once? For the big bad of an expansion to not be Azshara, or Sargeras, or whoever. I want the big bad to be the Horde / Alliance. I want to have a whole expansion about the war between the two. Make the end game raids instanced versions of the capital cities where you fight enemy generals and heros. Bring back world PvP. Put the war back in Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    oh i made a spelling mistake did i?
    how could i??? how could i do such a thing??
    oh no the pain
    the agony..

somebody call the care police.. i deserve to go to jail for this..
    Man... chill out, really.

As someone else mentioned, nagas miss the requirements to wear basic armor pieces. I'd like to see the Legion, i've been thinking about it since MoP came.
    Or WotLK-2. We LOVE to leave baddies behind, or just replace them with someone else (Bolvar).

Quote Originally Posted by gcmandrake View Post
    Do you know what I want? Just for once? For the big bad of an expansion to not be Azshara, or Sargeras, or whoever. I want the big bad to be the Horde / Alliance. I want to have a whole expansion about the war between the two. Make the end game raids instanced versions of the capital cities where you fight enemy generals and heros. Bring back world PvP. Put the war back in Warcraft.
    You mean like how the big bad that caused the release of some of the Sha and the fueling of their power caused by an unending war between the Horde and Alliance and the effects of their invasion effects a land, people and culture untouched for thousands of years? How the majority of the story during this whole time is about the war and the alliance? How the final end game raid will be the seige of Orgrimmar?

You are never going to get world PVP on PVE or RP servers. NEVER, because not everyone enjoys world PVP even if you do. Karasang wilds is as close to world PVP that these realms are every going to get. The war is back in warcraft, more so than ever in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Horde and Alliance will not get a playable Naga race. Why? Because the Night Elves are mortal enemies of the Naga? Because the Horde knows they serve the Old Gods that want to bring about the destruction of the planet just like Outland? Guess how many Orcs would like to see Azeroth end up like Outland?

Why? Most importantly because the Naga have no legs and Blizzard has spent too much time making models for pants and boots. How would you code a Naga sitting on a mount? Blizzard will NEVER add Naga as a playable race mostly because they don't have legs, they have a snakes bottom.
    Recent blue posts from GC suggest otherwise. They said its easy for them to make Naga side-sit(?) on a mount, and Trolls/Tauren also dont display boots on them. Nagas would simply get a tail-warmer. And the Naga serve Azshara and not the Old Gods, at the moment it is unknown if Azshara is involved with the Old Gods beyond the point that she got empowered by them. Like the game taught us already many times, different tribes/groups of all kind of races and classes exist - any of them could join the H/A with the right lore.

In other words, you're totally wrong if you think they cant/wont add Naga as playable race.
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2013-01-09 at 03:17 PM.

I am not really convinced that Naga will ever be playable race in WoW. How they will ride a mount? Even if they could, it will still look wierd as fuck.

Deleted
    Nagas? Meh, gief ogres though!
    Would be so awesome to play as a two-headed caster. Playing an ogre period would be awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Demon hunters in warcraft wouldn't be ranged... they carry around giant warglaives, it's hard for them to do stuff at ranged

Plus that's how they were portrayed in the RPG and in encounters during TBC... It'd be a pretty weird curveball for them to suddenly have the capability to be ranged fighters.

And I always felt like they dropped the ball on mail. Only the wealthiest or highest ranked soldiers wore plate. I always felt like mail on a non-tank warrior or paladin (since tanks always seemed like they'd fit that "CO" position, to me) would be appropriate.
    I suppose that was a bit of a one-liner and I looked up on the Wowpedia and have to agree.

However they've bended the lore before. Remember the DK on horse in WC3? The demon hunter in D3 is a ranged. Another reason I think it won't be a melee only is we already have too many of those. Historically, melee is "harder to play" in relation to the space requirement of encounters, together with mechanisms.

We got:
    * DK
    * Warrior
    * Rogue
    * Paladin (1 of the 3 specs)
    * Shaman (1 of the 3 specs)
    * Monk (1 of the 3 specs, with healer preferring melee)

Face it, it sucks if you got too many melee. Makes encounter design tough as well. It'd get kinda crowded if another melee-only class would be introduced. Don't take my word for it, look at the amount of enhancement shamans in 10m. So if we're getting a new class I'd put my money on a versatile class. For example a demon hunter who have a spec with ranged capabilities.