Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    This change doesn't really matter, but it sure will be cool.

To be honest, I prefer it the Blizz way... take your time to do a good job.
    *cough* Diablo 3 *cough*

MoP has really killed my faith in Blizzard as a company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    does anyone else feel like blizz is WAY too late with this? i feel like by the time they release these WoW is long gone.

As far as I'm concerned they don't need to even do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    As far as I'm concerned they don't need to even do it.
    I do. The delta between the quality of character models and of armor has gotten so large it is ridiculous; and if Blizzard is going to continue the trend of new animations, it would probably do them good to have models that don't result in a ridiculous amount of polygon distortion and clipping when they do them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Business is NOT about spending money, but more about earning money. So in order to keep stakeholders happy they need to spend as little money as possible to generate a more money than was spent (preferable a lot more). That's how it goes. And even though people have been asking for updated character models for a long time, a moajority feels that it's not that bad, at least no reason for giving up on the game. So then it's smarter from a business point of view to focus effort (and money) on parts of the game that need it more or are more profitable...
    I think that apart from Shareholders we are the biggest Stakeholders.

Deleted
    I don't feel like it's too late. But still, the sooner they come, the better xD

I think new models are definitely needed in order to attract new players (as someone mentioned before). The first thing most people see when playing the game is the character selection screen, and then their character running around for a while. First impressions mean a lot in a world of "gimme now" people.

All that being said, we (the players) are not in a position to dictate time frames on things like this. We can speculate, complain, subjectively discuss, etc... But no one on this forum knows how Blizzard's WoW-priority list is managed, what is on it, and how they are applying resources.

I would have to say its not too late since so many of us still want those updates. If everyone was saying, "I really dont care anymore if there are updates or not" then it is too late. As long as its desired it won't be too late.

If people are starving is it too late to feed them? No, if they are dead then its too late to feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    *cough* Diablo 3 *cough*

MoP has really killed my faith in Blizzard as a company.
    I hate that Diablo 3 bashing.

To me d3 is the best PC game since WoW. If you don't like its game play, no problem but be sure I find public groups in D3 100 times faster than in WoW with a much faster responsive game play too !

I log in and within 1 second I can play in a public group in whatever quest/act I want in Diablo 3.

Superb game and patch 1.04/1.05 made D3 awesome.

Typical Blizzard quality.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I hate that Diablo 3 bashing.

To me d3 is the best PC game since WoW. If you don't like its game play, no problem but be sure I find public groups in D3 100 times faster than in WoW with a much faster responsive game play too !

I log in and within 1 second I can play in a public group in whatever quest/act I want in Diablo 3.

Superb game and patch 1.04/1.05 made D3 awesome.

Typical Blizzard quality.
    D2 was typical Blizzard quality. D3 was riding on the coat-tails of typical Blizzard quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    D2 was typical Blizzard quality. D3 was riding on the coat-tails of typical Blizzard quality.
    I only see the better game by a LONG shot was Diablo 3 and millions still enjoy it every day. Get over these silly trash talks about Blizzard quality.

As on topic: character models ... In WoW ? lol: how much do you actually see of a character when it is fully equiped ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    D2 1.0 was a mess. The game didn't get truly good until LoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    To be honest, the new character models will be something for people to grasp onto for a little bit and then they will fade away as if they didn't even happen. People become bored fast. Titan is going to announced at blizzcon this year and I'm assuming once it releases it will be Blizzards new flagship MMO. WoW will always have people playing it but things never last forever.
    Yeah, cause Blizzard will totally just ditch the mmo that made them millions and millions in favor of some new franchise. Totally.
    Look! Words!

This should have been done together with Cataclysm. They had time to remodel Desolace but couldn't find the resources to do character remodels? Yet they made how many millions just from the sale of the Celestial Steed alone in 48 hours? Come on...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I do. The delta between the quality of character models and of armor has gotten so large it is ridiculous; and if Blizzard is going to continue the trend of new animations, it would probably do them good to have models that don't result in a ridiculous amount of polygon distortion and clipping when they do them.

All I see is my cape anyways. The model has no effect on me as I NEVER SEE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    This should have been done together with Cataclysm. They had time to remodel Desolace but couldn't find the resources to do character remodels? Yet they made how many millions just from the sale of the Celestial Steed alone in 48 hours? Come on...
    They need to make sure the new models work with all animations and all gear items. Other than that, they need to take into account that some players are rather attached to their characters, and that updating them might cause the characters to lose their "feel". They basically need to preserve the old while bringing in all the new, without creating conflicts in any way.

As for the money, have you seen the job postings on Blizzard's site? You don't just go out and pluck skilled people like that off the nearest tree. There's a limit to many applications they get. And they have to make sure that the people they bring in share their values. The world is not wading in that sort of people.

Deleted
    always the same bunch that likes to act cool and pretend features like character model update don't matter and are near useless compared to ''important content''.
    the exact same things were said about transmogging yet here we are,its one of the most important features in the game now,how many millions of players would wallow in despair if it was removed?
    character models will be a really BIG quality of life improvement to the game,and one that will last forever compared to ''important content'' aka: a raid that lasts one or two patches...
    Right now a big part of the models are plain ugly,people will love it when they will be able to chose a race by other standards then ''this is the least ugly of all the races so I will chose this one''.

I'm glad tehy are just doing the updates now than in previous expansions

Cause now we get nop quality models instead of say sub-par wotlk quality models.

Also fingers crossed for more glorious and better dwarven beards. dwarves are really lacking love in wow, everything seems revolved around, orcs, humans, elves or trolls.

Also wish Blizz added in more racial themed armor (sorta like GW2 cultural armor) something like this