Thread: Fallout 4

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fallout 4

This just popped up on my feed thought everyone would enjoy it.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...ses-fallout-4/

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will also probably be buggy as sin, but apparently we’ve come to accept that.
    This. Heh.

In any case, I'd much rather see a new Elder Scrolls, but they're working on the MMO, so that probably won't be for a while.

Hopefully they'll hire actually capable dialogue and story writing team.

Had enough of "Hey, have you seen my father, a middle aged man" for rest of a life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    In any case, I'd much rather see a new Elder Scrolls, but they're working on the MMO, so that probably won't be for a while.
    Two totally different teams/companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Two totally different teams/companies.
    Took me a minute to realise you meant TES vs TES-O and not TES vs Fallout. I was all ready to purge the misinformation from the Internet. But yes, Zenimax are doing the MMO, while Bethesda are (outwardly) idle ATM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    This. Heh.

Skryrim is barely a year old isnt it?

I'm real hopeful for the next Fallout, especially using the Skyrim engine. But, obviously hoping they make a less-buggy game with more voice actors. Also... really wish they would just take Fallout to a different locale for a change. How about China, since they play a large role in the Fallout universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Yeah.. Oblivion was released in 2006 I think so might have to wait 5 more years for TES 6. But I'd love to get my hands on Fallout 4 as well. I never got into 3.. it was too, I dont know. Got bored after 1 hour and never went back. But I did love New Vegas. Ceasar's Legion was amazing but I hope they would be less sexist in FO 4:P They never even let me fight in the arena in NW

And they probably have more DLC planned for it.

Bring on more Fallout! The world can never have enough post-apocalyptic adventure games narrated by Ron Perlman!

Deleted
    I can't express how happy I am to see this. Recently been playing through all the Fallout games (Not Brotherhood of Steel) while waiting for news on a newer Fallout. I don't really mind where it's set as long as it's made to the same quality as Skyrim, yes i'll end up looking out on broken buildings for probably miles on end, but I can deal with it. The Nexus will end up having a field day modding a Fallout game on that system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Bring on more Fallout! The world can never have enough post-apocalyptic adventure games narrated by Ron Perlman!
    QFT! Id like to see it take place in Europe or something. Would be pretty kool to run around France, Britain, and Germany. Hell even Tokyo would be pretty sweet!

Deleted
    QFT! Id like to see it take place in Europe or something. Would be pretty kool to run around France, Britain, and Germany. Hell even Tokyo would be pretty sweet!
    Nah, that just wouldn't fit. I think an important part of Fallout atmosphere comes from the US in the 60s part. Starting from the stupid duck and cover when a nuke hits you campaigns and ending with the cold war actually ending in a nuclear war, the 60s diners and music.. and everything. If they make it take place in anywhere else, it just wouldn't be fallout but more like a spinoff.

Of course it would fit! Fallout has already tested the water with DLC like Mothership Zeta and Operation: Anchorage, I think bridging into China or somewhere else applicable to the story would be great. All the Retro-futurism could remain in tact, just with a fresh setting.

edit: Was also going to say I don't know how much longer I could stay interested if it doesn't change much, we've seen desert wasteland, urban wasteland, hints of jungle wasteland, snowscape wasteland (but not really "wasteland" at that point). If it stays in US I suppose my top options would be tropical/coastal US or NYC.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2013-01-09 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are already hints that FO4 will take place in Boston, MA:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/fallout...boston-6392271

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Of course it would fit! Fallout has already tested the water with DLC like Mothership Zeta and Operation: Anchorage, I think bridging into China or somewhere else applicable to the story would be great. All the Retro-futurism could remain in tact, just with a fresh setting.
    In a DLC, maybe but China or Asia in general didn't even have any vision of the future back then (I think). Actually I haven't got a clue what happened in Asia (other than Russia) between 1900 and 1990s. It's not a very popular topic to be honest. I could see a real futuristic China or Japan. Deus Ex did it and did a really good job while at it. Still, I don't see it fitting with the retro theme well, the Asians didn't have any paranoia or weird experiments or fear of nuclear war back then..

Besides, they already said they were going to include Ceasars Legion as one of the major factions, so unless Ceasar decides to invade Asia, I dont see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    In a DLC, maybe but China or Asia in general didn't even have any vision of the future back then (I think). Actually I haven't got a clue what happened in Asia (other than Russia) between 1900 and 1990s. It's not a very popular topic to be honest. I could see a real futuristic China or Japan. Deus Ex did it and did a really good job while at it. Still, I don't see it fitting with the retro theme well, the Asians didn't have any paranoia or weird experiments or fear of nuclear war back then..

Besides, they already said they were going to include Ceasars Legion as one of the major factions, so unless Ceasar decides to invade Asia, I dont see it happening.
    Your uncertainty on the matter really doesn't mean that no other culture than America's had some sort of retro-futurism (which is a fancy saying of what they thought the future would be in the past, here's a hint: most cultures have had similar ideas), also, I'm not sure how you know it's not a very popular topic. To me, I'd be very interested in their interpretations of an overseas wasteland.

*"Asians didn't have any paranoia or weird experiments or fear of nuclear war back then"*

Making stuff up, /facepalm.

As far as Boston goes, I've seen the same stuff. It's meh, I'm still going to play the game regardless of what the setting is.

Deleted
    Making stuff up, /facepalm.
    Not making anything up.. loyalty and duty have always had a high spot in Asian culture which means there weren't many rumors about government conspiracies, experiments and deals with aliens, soviets or who knows what going on. And if there were, they weren't very popular and didn't define or flavor the era. It's the same reason why you can't have a western in China.. they just never had any wild west there with the cowboys and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Bethesda and not a collaboration by inXile and Obsidian Entertainment, so it's going to be shit.

If you want the next Fallout game, wait on Wasteland 2.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Nah, that just wouldn't fit. I think an important part of Fallout atmosphere comes from the US in the 60s part. Starting from the stupid duck and cover when a nuke hits you campaigns and ending with the cold war actually ending in a nuclear war, the 60s diners and music.. and everything. If they make it take place in anywhere else, it just wouldn't be fallout but more like a spinoff.
    The Fallout universe disagrees. For starters from the wiki:

Fallout 3 takes place in the year 2277, 200 years after a war over resources that ended in nuclear holocaust in 2077.
    Also if you read even deeper, there is a reason why it looks like 1960's but has advancements in technology well beyond the next millennium. So in short, they can really do what ever they want and it fits because its not a game based on historical facts.

I'm real hopeful for the next Fallout, especially using the Skyrim engine. But, obviously hoping they make a less-buggy game with more voice actors. Also... really wish they would just take Fallout to a different locale for a change. How about China, since they play a large role in the Fallout universe.
    I have this strong feeling that if the game was set in China it would destroy the whole 1950'2 Americana style of the game.

RE: Above.

edit: Was also going to say I don't know how much longer I could stay interested if it doesn't change much, we've seen desert wasteland, urban wasteland, hints of jungle wasteland, snowscape wasteland (but not really "wasteland" at that point). If it stays in US I suppose my top options would be tropical/coastal US or NYC.
    Mothership was an ode to 1950's sci-fi camp and Anchorage is in Alaska, which as we all know is part of the U.S. of A.

And yes, we've seen all those wastelands, so why would a wasteland with pagoda's or pubs be so different and exciting?