Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    have nothing to do with avoidance, read what splosion said in this thread, he was the guy that found this in the first place.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gu-shan-Vaults
    My bad, I thought paladins were also doing avoidance cap like DKs are doing in addition to the mastery stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    So you're saying at lvl 80 you can get parry and dodge equal to 97%? Are you really sure on that? Otherwise, you too don't understand the difference between Avoidance and Mitigation. Because more damage reduction through mastery would be pointless if you're avoidance capped because our mastery does physical damage and you're not being hit anyway as you're parrying and dodging everything, or it's missing you.
    Yes. you get over 97% avoidance quite easily. You actually need more than 102.4% if you're doing 85 or 90 raids to be completely avoidance capped.
    I understand the difference. read what i wrote.
    vengeance is still gained on avoided hits. if you get hit for 80k or if you dodge an 80k hit you get the same vengeance.
    increasing your mastery increases the effect on the exploit on stacking vengeance.
    if you have 50% DR (using the 80k hit example) you get vengeance as if you got hit for 120k
    if you have 99% DR you get vengeance as if you got hit for 8000000.

this shit is getting old. it's not a scaling issue. it's a specific bug. the scaling is fine and intended, the bug is not. no other 80 tanks are benefiting from the bug because it's prot pally specific

Wish they'd just remove the MoP items from level 80. This bug is hardly doable at any other level than 80. A bit lazy fix but still :q Seeing how several other things are just fucked up at 80 because of mop items as well, such as 120 avoidance on DKs in order to tank high level bosses, mages pulling MASSIVE dps (more than most 90s in many cases) as well as other classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    You actually need more than 102.4% if you're doing 85 or 90 raids to be completely avoidance capped.
    121% i think

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    this shit is getting old. it's not a scaling issue. it's a specific bug. the scaling is fine and intended, the bug is not. no other 80 tanks are benefiting from the bug because it's prot pally specific
    wrong. go read up on the bug instead

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 09:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spindelltrollet View Post
    Wish they'd just remove the MoP items from level 80. This bug is hardly doable at any other level than 80. A bit lazy fix but still :q Seeing how several other things are just fucked up at 80 because of mop items as well, such as 120 avoidance on DKs in order to tank high level bosses, mages pulling MASSIVE dps (more than most 90s in many cases) as well as other classes.
    yeah is quite fucked, ghostcrawler said they will looking in to the 409 items tho, so dont expect it to be op so much longer
    Last edited by mmoc6a5006fb71; 2013-01-09 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people still reference the 102.4% avoidance? It's not even relevent anymore, and the number is 109%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Why do people still reference the 102.4% avoidance? It's not even relevent anymore, and the number is 109%.
    cuz its cool coming up with theorys about how it works, rather then learn how it works. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Because I needed an avoidance number to mean you would dogde/parry/miss every attack and wasn't sure what the correct one was, because I find it really hard to believe that the avoidance capping is happening for paladins at least because I remember checking one of the armories and Parry was only at 64% I think, and due to strength that's rising higher than dodge.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    The MoP cap is 109%. Miss chance doesn't exist(or it's 3% for equal level mobs, diminished by 1.5% per level, so a boss will never miss you), and you need 1.5% per avoidance per level against a +3 mob. If I use an avoidance set on my paladin, I get around 101% parry, ~25% dodge (which is way overkill anyway).

If it matters, +8 (80s vs cataclysm bosses) cap is 124%, and +13 (80s vs MoP bosses) is 139%.

I came in here expecting him to have solo'd Madness of Deathwing Heroic or something.. Disappointing.

Aveline's amazing work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    I came in here expecting him to have solo'd Madness of Deathwing Heroic or something.. Disappointing.
    Stone Guard 10N not good enough for you? O.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Stone Guard 10N not good enough for you? O.o
    Elegon 10?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday's hotfixes:
    Attack Power gained from Vengeance is now capped at the player's maximum health.

To the ground, baby!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Yesterday's hotfixes:
    Attack Power gained from Vengeance is now capped at the player's maximum health.

To the ground, baby!
    Ouch. To the ground, baby; indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really a "to the ground" thing, though. Have you ever hit your HP in Vengeance AP when tanking at 90? The only thing this applies to is people abusing server/client communication issues and non-max level stat scaling.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    It's not really a "to the ground" thing, though. Have you ever hit your HP in Vengeance AP when tanking at 90? The only thing this applies to is people abusing server/client communication issues and non-max level stat scaling.
    I was talking about level 80 soloing, hence the thread name that you changed. Silly Malthanis. 1,000,000 < 105,000 is a big nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I was talking about level 80 soloing, hence the thread name that you changed. Silly Malthanis. 1,000,000 < 105,000 is a big nerf.
    *Reduction. A nerf would be if that vengeance buff running into the millions was intended to happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    *Reduction. A nerf would be if that vengeance buff running into the millions was intended to happen
    Psh, oversight on Blizzards behalf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    100,000,000 to 100,000 is an even bigger reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    I was talking about level 80s who get millions of AP through vengeance and thus are able to solo level 80-90 content. Blizzard did a smart thing and now those 80s won't be able to solo even Marrowgar in ICC-10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I was talking about level 80s who get millions of AP through vengeance and thus are able to solo level 80-90 content. Blizzard did a smart thing and now those 80s won't be able to solo even Marrowgar in ICC-10.
    Hah, I'm still doing heroic icc25 bosses, so not quite.