Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Good luck to Tera and Tera players. If it wasn't fantasy based i'd be tempted. Regardless I'm sure TOR will learn from other's success. I'm trying to keep a straight face, honest.
    Made me think of this. Seriously, EA learning from the competition? Good one.

EA isn't even learning from EA circa 2007
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Made me think of this. Seriously, EA learning from the competition? Good one.
    'Sillius Sodus', ah takes me back. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only negative bit I've noticed after F2P Option was released was the vast increase of internet douches. It wont hurt them to lose their account, so they pretty much go all in on general chat with immature bullcrap. And ofcourse, ruins it for the other bit of F2P who actually play for fun.

Many of them will and are allowed to join warzones with little to no knowledge. Thats what some people are having a hard time understanding. They expect everyone who joins a warzone to know everything head on, and blame them for the loss. I've seen quite a few level 12 Sith inquisitors with no runspeed buff running mindless around a warzone, it doesnt mean we automaticly can call it a loss, both sides have them, and in some cases, they have done good by luring Pubs away from turrets and the likes so I could snag them \o
    Jugg Death's Demise - Impetus Norvegicus - Kazzak EU

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Only negative bit I've noticed after F2P Option was released was the vast increase of internet douches. It wont hurt them to lose their account, so they pretty much go all in on general chat with immature bullcrap. And ofcourse, ruins it for the other bit of F2P who actually play for fun.

Many of them will and are allowed to join warzones with little to no knowledge. Thats what some people are having a hard time understanding. They expect everyone who joins a warzone to know everything head on, and blame them for the loss. I've seen quite a few level 12 Sith inquisitors with no runspeed buff running mindless around a warzone, it doesnt mean we automaticly can call it a loss, both sides have them, and in some cases, they have done good by luring Pubs away from turrets and the likes so I could snag them \o
    You don't get sprint until level 15 as F2P.

Tough to learn how to PVP also playing 5 matches a week too. Also, as F2P, you don't get free Recruit gear, and since you aren't a subscriber, you pay 25% more.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Many of them will and are allowed to join warzones with little to no knowledge. ...I've seen quite a few level 12 Sith inquisitors with no runspeed buff running mindless around a warzone,
    you can't realistically expect people to know everything about every aspect of the game before they participate in it. Yeah, there are a lot of bad players, but it's not like there weren't tons of terrible players before the transition.

As for the lack of a run speed buff, I assume you mean sprint? If so, blame BioWare for locking free players out of that ability until 15.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    Anyone else notice that once the conversation turns to your sub status and you say you're a freeb the subscribers turn into elitist dicks. It's happened when I've grouped on planetary missions and in some warzones. Am I the only one this has happened to?
    Doesn't bother me.

I've grouped with plenty of freebs and they have all seemed nice and done their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Sadly, yeah. I've met some great players while playing who are super friendly and helpful, but (anecdotal) the vast majority in general chat and that I've come across loathe free players.

I've never seen a community so bent on keeping out new players and harming the health of their game. It really blows my mind.
    Haha. You never tried EVE Online I guess. The sociopathic part of that community puts it as a goal to grief you into oblivion, collect your tears and make you go away. Becouse, as they describe it, the game is not for carebears and pussies so if you cant handle it, you should GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    Haha. You never tried EVE Online I guess. The sociopathic part of that community puts it as a goal to grief you into oblivion, collect your tears and make you go away. Becouse, as they describe it, the game is not for carebears and pussies so if you cant handle it, you should GTFO.
    Oh I did, and EVE was too much for me to get into at the time. Haven't had the time/motivation to try it again.

In EVE, that's part of the game though. It's a cutthroat game as you say. SWTOR, is not. SWTOR also hasn't been a growing game, while EVE has been. SWTOR also had more development, and likely more operating, costs. EVE is apparently attracting new players just fine for the size of the game, while SWTOR is in need of new blood.