Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    I think you are correct, as soon as I saw this model, I instantly thought back to the quest line in Storm Peaks that takes you on a tour of all the watch towers of Ulduar. If everyone remembers that quest or ever did it, there is a watcher missing. No one knew where he went he just up and left. His name was Tyr the Watcher of justice and General Vezax took over his wing of ulduar where he was supposevly guarding the entrace to Yogg-Saron's prison.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Tyr

Although this model does not have a silver hand, his hands are kind of silverish though. IMO the gold things are shackles and really kinda seem like he's been imprisoned for a long ass time.
    I don't know about that. The datamined journal says that this guy was protecting the Engine of Nalak'sha, which is the the complete opposite side of Azeroth. Seeing as he was tasked with protecting this thing, I doubt it was one of the watchers of Ulduar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    I don't know about that. The datamined journal says that this guy was protecting the Engine of Nalak'sha, which is the the complete opposite side of Azeroth. Seeing as he was tasked with protecting this thing, I doubt it was one of the watchers of Ulduar.
    The Engine of Nalak'sha was in the Mogu'shan Vaults ie an old Titan complex. This is where Ra-Den was until the thunder king found him and beat the crap out of him so he was a titian watcher/keeper. He watched/kept The Engine of Nalak'sha until he was defeated and the thunder king took it.

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    One of the theories of why he left ulduar was that he was tasked with a different task from the titans to leave ulduar which ultimately led to ulduars downfall i believe. I can't remember exactly where I read that but it just seems to ring a bell.

Also another flaw to how this is Tyr is that he sacrificed his right hand, and this guy seems to have both hands however. Then again blizzard could just have retconned it or something.
    Last edited by muxx; 2013-01-10 at 07:17 AM.

Well, it makes sense that Ra-Den is a titan, but the model is very underwhelming. I would have prefered Lei-Shen still being the last boss on heroic, especially since he beat the crap out of Ra-Den to begin with, but whatever. Might be like Algalon where you can choose to do him before Yogg-Saron, who knows, I just think it would feel odd that Lei Shen wouldn't be the end boss of this tier.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-01-10 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Well, it makes sense that Ra-Den is a titan, but the model is very underwhelming. I would have prefered Lei-Shen still being the last boss on heroic, especially since he beat the crap out of Ra-Den to begin with, but whatever. Might be like Algalon where you can choose to do him before Yogg-Saron, who knows, I just think it would feel odd that Lei Shen wouldn't be the end boss of this tier.
    I think they are going for another Sintharia fight like in BOT. You beat Lei-Shen on Heroic then you can activate a floor trap door or something
    and go down and fight a pissed off bloody titian watcher. Who knows after you fight him, you might beat some sense into him and he gives us
    a helpful dying word that will send us into the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    We don't even know if the titan is a boss though. The shackles kinda make it seem like he is being imprisoned. Maybe he is just a titan watcher that has been captured by the thunder king and the thunder king has been using his blood to fuel the machines and weapons that seem to have his blood in them.

Could possibly be that we are saving this titan watcher from an army of blood machine things

We don't even know if the titan is a boss though. The shackles kinda make it seem like he is being imprisoned. Maybe he is just a titan watcher that has been captured by the thunder king and the thunder king has been using his blood to fuel the machines and weapons that seem to have his blood in them.

Could possibly be that we are saving this titan watcher from an army of blood machine things
    Or maybe he was imprisoned since he was corrupted.

One of the theories of why he left ulduar was that he was tasked with a different task from the titans to leave ulduar which ultimately led to ulduars downfall i believe. I can't remember exactly where I read that but it just seems to ring a bell.

Also another flaw to how this is Tyr is that he sacrificed his right hand, and this guy seems to have both hands however. Then again blizzard could just have retconned it or something.
    And Tyr is the god of war, not thunder, it would make so much more sense this being Thorim instead, but that is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    And people were wondering how Mists could compare to previous xpacs with regard to lore.
    They copied Ulduar, big whoop. Just because the lore is similar doesn't mean it is good.

Raijin is the Japanese god of Thunder. He is the Far Eastern equivalent of Thor. This was known for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    They copied Ulduar, big whoop. Just because the lore is similar doesn't mean it is good.

Raijin is the Japanese god of Thunder. He is the Far Eastern equivalent of Thor. This was known for ages.
    Copied Ulduar? Go on...

I'm certain it's a Watcher. Lorewise, a Titan would be bigger than Neverest, that model can't be stretched that much without the textures getting blurry. It wouldn't fit inside any of the rooms that have been datamined, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'm certain it's a Watcher. Lorewise, a Titan would be bigger than Neverest, that model can't be stretched that much without the textures getting blurry. It wouldn't fit inside any of the rooms that have been datamined, either.
    It's a Titanic Being, I don't know why we're bothering to argue semantics further than that. I don't think anyone is positing that it is a full-blooded world-shaping Titan.

you guys ra-den was the one in charge of the mogu when they were the army for the titans when the curse of the flesh turned the mogu into mortals the mogu decided they could do the titans work better than him so the leader of the mogu beat the shit out of him took his "heart" and ate it gaining his power.

this is all explained in the data mined dungeon journal.

ra-den isnt a titan hes just one of their constructs like the ones in ulduar and he was apparently worshiped as a god of the mogu before they turned on him
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna throw it out there, that his scar and Kratos from God of War look eerily similar. Not to mention that it the watcher probably is Tyr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's a Titanic Being, I don't know why we're bothering to argue semantics further than that. I don't think anyone is positing that it is a full-blooded world-shaping Titan.
    Not arguing, just stating some facts before someone comes saying "hey, guys! we're gonna kill a Titan!!".

Very good observation and theory. I likey

10+ Year Old Account
    If Loken was the prime designate/boss of Uldar,
    I am guessing that Ra-den is the boss of the
    titian complex below pandaria.

why does everyone keep suggesting its tyr..... tyr has a hand made out of silver.... thats why its called order of the silver hand...
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Interesting...
    Do we have to kill Ra-Den, or defeat just like Alganon?

I'd just like to mention to everyone that none of the Pantheon reside on Azeroth. They are enjoying themselves elsewere in the Twisted Nether.

However they did leave behind Watchers for their installations (Uldum, Ulduar, Uldaman). They also left behind Avatars as well.