Poll: Could a Flying fatigue be the right solution?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So these are the results.. personally I expected some difference with the first poll, but the evidence is that people get mad if you touch their comodities.

FYI: The problem to me is: the world doesn't feel dangerous anymore

In my mind travelling in a fantasy world should be a dangerous task to do, not a click in a map.
    I'd love if Blizzard changes something about your beloved flying mounts: I mean, I love to fly around but I loved more when places like STV were a very dangerous place to walk in.

you met a "red guy" > john fucking madden > fun

IMHO flying killed that because:

you don't meet anyone > not fun

Again, anyone remembers Isle of Quel Danas? You can't fly so you had to be careful of where you go/what you do.
    If world pvp has not a single incentive nowadays it's because now you are immune to that.
    I'd surely give you a solid incentive to do WPVP if you can't fly away from me :9

(the pvp timer on the flying mounts could be a great idea for this)
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It sounds more realistic to how an animal might behave if there was a such thing in reality as a 'flying mount'. But i don't think realism is what sells copies of wow.
    They might as well introduce FarCry3/Crysis3/Skyrim graphics and physics if we're going down the realism path, and I'd be sold.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    So these are the results.. personally I expected some difference with the first poll, but the evidence is that people get mad if you touch their comodities.

In my mind travelling in a fantasy world should be a dangerous task to do, not a click in a map.
    I'd love if Blizzard changes something about your beloved flying mounts: I mean, I love to fly around but I loved more when places like STV were a very dangerous place to walk in.

Again, anyone remembers Isle of Quel Danas? You can't fly so you had to be careful of where you go/what you do.
    If world pvp has not a single incentive nowadays it's because now you are immune to that.
    I'd surely give you a solid incentive to do WPVP if you can't fly away from me :9

So why not ask for more zones (like Isle of Quel'Danis) where flight isn't allowed? Oh, those are called BGs. Forcing PVP for the sake of forcing PVP is not fun. I do not share your idea that there is a problem with the world feeling less dangerous.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

I have engaged in PvP, on a PvE realm in Outland zones. Multiple times.

And only due to bugs in CRZ did this not escalate.

And STV is still dangerous.

Deleted
    They should add an Afterburner ability for flying mounts. 25% speed increase for 20 seconds, 1 minute cooldown. 50% base mana cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell is Turalyon? Flying is fine the way it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not make an expansion on a sky continent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    So why not ask for more zones (like Isle of Quel'Danis) where flight isn't allowed? Oh, those are called BGs. Forcing PVP for the sake of forcing PVP is not fun. I do not share your idea that there is a problem with the world feeling less dangerous.
    Agreed.

The people who really want World PvP find a way to make it happen.

Gimping flying mounts isn't much different from removing flying mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea, but I'd still just rather see all flying mounts removed completely. Give us a feat of strength for having over X number of flying mounts before they were removed. Also redesign zones like storm peaks, jade forest, icecrown, netherstorm, and others that require flying to navigate to some areas. I don't give a darn about pvp, but I do care about a persistant world that matters. Flying over everything makes the world not matter. Getting to a place is just a quick fly up, turn on auto run and afk. This is boring and not enjoyable at all. If you really can't be arsed to get somewhere manually then use an FP. The world feels so much more epic and massive when you can't bypass it all.

I know a lot of people would be pissed if this happens, but it'd seriously increase the longevity and enjoyment I get from the game, and probably many others as well. I also think a lot of old players who quit might come back with that change.

And before any troll responds to what I said: yes, I do use only ground mounts unless I am in a hurry or feeling lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Here's my opinion; Leave it alone.
    Again, Apathy is the first to reply and pretty much will sum up what most people will say: Leave. It. Alone.

EDIT: Also, what exactly is the problem with flying? The poll title of Could a Flying fatigue be the right solution? assumes there's a problem to provide a solution for.
    Last edited by Hanto; 2013-01-11 at 05:58 AM.

If ya ever played Runescape, (which I did before playing Wow), then this proposal is similar to walking/running in RS, where you can toggle run over walk which enables faster movement speed however you have a gauge that slowly depletes as you run and when it hits 0, you have to walk until your energy recuperates....that stuff was mad annoyin' and I ain't gonna let somethin' like that get into Wow...otherwise it's back to takin' flight paths instead of auto flyin' into the ocean and dyin' from fatigue there.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh if RP'ers really want this crap then let them have it on their particular server type, however for every other server... LEAVE IT AS IT IS.

People don't want other people to fly so we can kill you on the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you can fly ATLEAST the distance from Booty Bay to Silvermoon AND hover in idle state for 30 minutes (the amount of time it takes before you DC due to being AFK), then I won't support limitations on flying.

Flying is the best form of travel AND the perfect solution to WPvP...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-01-11 at 06:48 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

the game you posit doesn't sound like any fun at all to me. Again this is you, wanting my game to be crappier, so you can maybe sometimes meet a random person who 90% of the time you will just run past without engaging. Screw that. I meet plenty of people flying around, when I land at my destination to do the things I already HAVE to do on the ground. I run into people, ally and enemy, ALL THE TIME, doing archeology, which I use flying for 100% of the travel. Yes, I can escape from you, but that is your fault, sneak up, stun me. Don't let me root you and just run away and flight form.

Introducing fatigue on flying mounts would really be unfair to people with only one flying mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Limited flight time is the main reason I stopped playing Aion. Do the same thing to WoW, and I'll quit playing that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    We get Fatigue when we fly over place were not suppose too.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Go play a different game.

Seriously: In WoW you're a veteran-player who knows how to handle himself.
    - You're not gonna be threatened by mobs that are designed to be handled solo by noobs.
    - You're not gonna be threatened by those same noobs either.

The world was dangerous when you were new. Now that you're experienced you know how to survive.

It has nothing to do with flying mounts.

- Better rewards from Arena and (R)BGs.
    - Plenty of other, more rewarding activities available.
    Why bother with World-PvP?

You mean you'd like to waste my time from more fun and rewarding activities.

Why should I support you in that?