Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb why warriors -_-

so i decided to post about the nerf abouit warriors recently cause of ppl queueing, and i do mean a whole lot of nerfs. but aside from that I wanna talk about warrior TANK MASTERY. as you u all know its increases the Chance for crit block. SOOO i was raiding Terrace and Notice WTF taking so much magical dmg and litteraly almost all fights are magic. dont u think they should put some mastery to our Shield barrier too cause damn im hella squishy

Shield barrier is OP compared to other tanks. DK Blood Shield doesn't absorb magic, you can't dodge spells with Savage Defense as Bear nor can you Block them as a Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Shield barrier is OP compared to other tanks. DK Blood Shield doesn't absorb magic, you can't dodge spells with Savage Defense as Bear nor can you Block them as a Paladin.
    And thread.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    And thread.
    And that's when you realize that DKs, Druids and Paladins counter magic by healing themselves (besides CDs). It's as stupid as trying to make Shield Block work against magic. All tanks have two ways of mitigating. Warriors is absorb for all damage, block for physical.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-12-31 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    And that's when you realize that DKs, Druids and Paladins counter magic by healing themselves (besides CDs). It's as stupid as trying to make Shield Block work against magic. All tanks have two ways of mitigating. Warriors is absorb for all damage, block for physical.
    Absorbing is far superior to heals, it increases your Effective Health which means you are less prone to RNG "1 hit" situations.

Deleted
    Absorbing is far superior to heals, it increases your Effective Health which means you are less prone to RNG "1 hit" situations.
    Yes, absorbs are superior to heals most of the times. Still, I don't know what that have to do with comparing SBar with dodge, blocking and DK absorbs.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-12-31 at 03:00 PM.

And then you realize warrior can absorb a lot of the magic damage, thus not needing healing for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    And then you realize warrior can absorb a lot of the magic damage, thus not needing healing for that.
    ^ This....

Don't post "this" posts
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-31 at 05:46 PM.

Deleted
    Errr... sure, they don't need it, because absorbs are the healing equivalent in the mitigation model of warr vs those other 3 tanks. Is there a translation of "conversación de besugos" to english?

Errr... sure, they don't need it, because absorbs are the healing equivalent in the mitigation model of warr vs those other 3 tanks. Is there a translation of "conversación de besugos" to english?
    Googled it and came up with "people are talking at crossed purposes". Anyway, the OP doesn't realize that Absorbs are "heals" but that are basically added to your Health Pool before the attack happens.

Where other tanks have to pop a CD to survive, Warriors might only survive using Shield Barrier, since it negates X amount of damage where other tank Heals happen AFTER the attack, which would cause them do die if a Damage Reduction CD isn't used. That is the reason for Absorb > Heal.

alright i see ya'll point about shield barrier it is OP, but that doesnt help with the constent ticks of magical dmg always happening in boss fights... just feel bad for healers all i can do is parry and block physical dmg

Shield Barrier is really underrated. Using it all the time in CMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampirox View Post
    alright i see ya'll point about shield barrier it is OP, but that doesnt help with the constent ticks of magical dmg always happening in boss fights... just feel bad for healers all i can do is parry and block physical dmg
    if Blizzard adds magical damage to a boss fight then you can be 100% sure that their is a meaning behind that.

Blizzard doesn't want you to avoid majority of the magical damage so the tank tools all tanks have is rather limited.

Most of the time Blizzard uses magic damage for either raid damage, to force tanks to use cooldowns or to force a class to dispel something (either a dot or a debuff). And it would destroy tank balance if you give any tank a clear advantage when it comes to handling magical damage.
    Last edited by ati87; 2013-01-07 at 06:06 PM.

In furtherance to ati's statement. It's not about mitigating all the damage, it's about collaboration with your raid group and your personal tanking style. No Prot warr is ever going to be looking at current content alone. From there it's simply a matter of discussing how to soften the damage and how to not stress your healing team (they don't like that).

Shield barrier seems kinda gimmicky I mean you try to plan it out to avoid some magic damage then you take a melee hit from somewhere and it is gone.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrLog101 View Post
    Warr won't be as OP in 5.2.
    Warrior will be dead in the water come 5.2 PvP wise.

I really wish warriors in general would have more healing abilities. I havent played the game since 2011, and I heard that we warriors got 3 new healing abilities, though we can only chose one. Still wish warriors would have more healing abilities, because we are seriously squishy without good gear

Quote Originally Posted by yack346 View Post
    I really wish warriors in general would have more healing abilities. I havent played the game since 2011, and I heard that we warriors got 3 new healing abilities, though we can only chose one. Still wish warriors would have more healing abilities, because we are seriously squishy without good gear
    Warriors are a tank/dps hybrid class, they aren't supposed to be spamming heals. Enraged Regen is still the best tank CD by far though

Deleted
    Reading some of your posts, people, I get a feeling you never played a warrior. SB is in no way op. If you think we can hold up shield barrier all the time we need it, you are greatly mistaking. There is no point in using Shield Barrier if you have less than 50 % rage, you don't go with expertise hardcap - there will be parries, meaning you will miss eventually Shield Barriers. Seriously, this is why I hate people whining about warriors. They don't play warriors, but they only judge from what they see from their class. And we get nerfs. Because other classes decided warriors are too good. Not because they played a warrior, and got a feeling something is wrong. This is annoying. With all this shit, my guild starts to point me to paladin alt ...

Warrior will be dead in the water come 5.2 PvP wise.
    Not only. Warrior tank will die out soon as well.

Googled it and came up with "people are talking at crossed purposes". Anyway, the OP doesn't realize that Absorbs are "heals" but that are basically added to your Health Pool before the attack happens.

Where other tanks have to pop a CD to survive, Warriors might only survive using Shield Barrier, since it negates X amount of damage where other tank Heals happen AFTER the attack, which would cause them do die if a Damage Reduction CD isn't used. That is the reason for Absorb > Heal.
    You don't play a warrior too, I guess? I'd love to see you survive using Shield Barrier alone. And I would love to see you using it as much as you think we're using it.
    Last edited by mmoc7570420288; 2013-01-10 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    Reading some of your posts, people, I get a feeling you never played a warrior. SB is in no way op. If you think we can hold up shield barrier all the time we need it, you are greatly mistaking. There is no point in using SB, you have less than 50 % rage, you don't go with expertise hardcap - there will be parries, meaning you will miss eventually Shield Barriers.
    You've been complaining all tier about the state of protection warriors and to some extent warriors.
    Most of it has been learn2play issue on your part...(like holding threat...)

If you're worried about missing SB's why would you not expertise hardcap ?

Warrior tank is not even close to dying out lol...
    Shield barrier is OP, even after having it's use explained in other threads you created. I feel its little i can add to change you're mind.

And when you also tell other people to reroll from warriors...Maybe its time to take your own advice and reroll ??
    try that paladin alt, its A LOT easier to play, its more forgiving aswell
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-01-10 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    And when you also tell other people to reroll from warriors...Maybe its time to take your own advice and reroll ??
    try that paladin alt, its A LOT easier to play, its more forgiving aswell
    Yeah, I'm already on it, since in 5.2 warriors will be on the waiting bench =)