Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    You should be ashamed for confirming the typical American stereotype.
    He doesn't represent the majority.

Look, the 2nd amendment is there to ensure a well regulated militia, so that it can defend the state from invasion and to oppose a tyrannical government.

Why do people support a potential dictatorship. Don't people understand that America is so corrupt, the 2nd the American people lose there guns all there freedom and liberties once won on the battlefield would be for nothing...

WHY DO YOU SUPPORT TYRANNY!?

Deleted
    Oh god that was hilarious, is that insane guy is taken seriously by anyone? woooooooooow, I mean, that part about great white sharks made no sense at all.

The 2nd amendment was conceived for a time of general lawlessness, and when a gun took 4 minutes to reload. It has no place in its current form in modern society, and should be changed or done away with.

Also, don't deport Piers Morgan. We don't want him back.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    The 2nd amendment was conceived for a time of general lawlessness, and when a gun took 4 minutes to reload. It has no place in its current form in modern society, and should be changed or done away with.

Only if you had no idea what you were doing...

White house has already responded. "Violating the precepts of the First Amendment to 'defend' the Second is not a path we wish to tread" was the gist. He's here to stay unless he does something actually illegal.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a smarmy twit, but if we deported all smarmy twits, we'd need to elect an entire new government and there wouldn't be much to choose from.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Another stereotype, 'the 2nd amendment is to protect us from our own government'. Why are you scared of your own government? Sounds like you elect the wrong people then.
    To be fair, the US government doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to doing cover-ups for governmental mistakes and clandestine missions, and its federal law enforcement has, in the past, been very heavy handed.

If you don't want Piers Morgan, then send him somewhere else. But please not back to Europe :/

To be fair, if you get past the shouting and idiocy, he has a couple of reasonable points.

Any man who make Piers Morgan not look like a twat, is very talented....at being a twat. Seriously though, don't deport him, we don't want him back.

And on the second amendment - while I'm not American, I do work in America in the summer, so I have a slight insight into the the culture, and working in Vermont, I understand the reason for owning a firearm, but I don't think the founding fathers would have had M16s and AR-15s in mind when they agreed.
    Last edited by willtron; 2013-01-10 at 03:13 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Only if you had no idea what you were doing...
    Couldn't the best marksmen still only fire it a couple times a minute?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeros View Post
    Oh god that was hilarious, is that insane guy is taken seriously by anyone? woooooooooow, I mean, that part about great white sharks made no sense at all.
    met·a·phor
    /ˈmetəˌfôr/
    Noun
    A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
    A thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, esp. something abstract.

Alex said, basically, Morgan trying to compare US gun crimes to UK is like comparing people getting bitten by sharks between people who do swim, and those who are afraid to swim. His sentence was interrupted by Morgan, but I believe that's an accurate summation of what he was saying. I thought it was a perfectly coherent comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    To be fair, if you get past the shouting and idiocy, he has a couple of reasonable points.

Any man who make Piers Morgan not look like a twat, is very talented....at being a twat. Seriously though, don't deport him, we don't want him back.
    Alex Jones is an expert at taking actual facts and a reasonable basis, then taking them to the most insane extreme possible, effectively destroying his own argument.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    their gun is their argument. when it comes down to it, your ability to force your will on another is how you get anything done. a gun aids that. USA has the most guns, biggest guns, and we're the leaders of the free world

not because you all respect us, you're just fucking terrified of us
    without our guns, the country with the second biggest guns would just take over

so every argument against guns comes down to the same thing. one side can force their will on others, the other side has to be careful not to piss them off so they don't get shot

peace has never been reality, never will, so arm yourself
    Honestly with that way of thinking peace really will never be a reality. You can't have peace if everyone needs to get a gun or weapon to protect themselves from other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    White house has already responded. "Violating the precepts of the First Amendment to 'defend' the Second is not a path we wish to tread" was the gist. He's here to stay unless he does something actually illegal.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a smarmy twit, but if we deported all smarmy twits, we'd need to elect an entire new government and there wouldn't be much to choose from.
    First i dont believe anything that the white house says.
    Second, the 2nd ammendment has its place now in modern society, its not for hunting its for protection from tyranical government.

While the government is trying to take away our last line of defense, they are indeed buying billions of bullets and armored vehicles for law enforcement agencies that have no real power outside the united states. So who do you think they are buying all the military hardware for? I ask you all that.

On the original topic alex jones is crazy BUT he has some valid points that are 100% true if you look into the facts and dont believe the shit fox news and cnn and msnbc ram down your throats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    He doesn't represent the majority.

Look, the 2nd amendment is there to ensure a well regulated militia, so that it can defend the state from invasion and to oppose a tyrannical government.

Why do people support a potential dictatorship. Don't people understand that America is so corrupt, the 2nd the American people lose there guns all there freedom and liberties once won on the battlefield would be for nothing...

WHY DO YOU SUPPORT TYRANNY!?
    I know a stereotype does not represent the majority.
    Also, there are a lot of countries who don't have easy accesible weapons and manage to not live in a tyranny (West-Europe for example).
    Do you really think your government is scared of you and your guns? If they wanted to take over, they would have done a long time ago. You forget that the government consists of people who also want to live in a free country.

I find it funny because you yourself just confirmed another stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by killerlee View Post
    First i dont believe anything that the white house says.
    Second, the 2nd ammendment has its place now in modern society, its not for hunting its for protection from tyranical government.

While the government is trying to take away our last line of defense, they are indeed buying billions of bullets and armored vehicles for law enforcement agencies that have no real power outside the united states. So who do you think they are buying all the military hardware for? I ask you all that.

On the original topic alex jones is crazy BUT he has some valid points that are 100% true if you look into the facts and dont believe the shit fox news and cnn and msnbc ram down your throats.
    Did I say that it didn't? No, I said that the White House has officially responded in the negative to the call to deport Piers Morgan. Don't assume my argument when I haven't made one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Alex Jones is an expert at taking actual facts and a reasonable basis, then taking them to the most insane extreme possible, effectively destroying his own argument.
    Yeah I gathered that He seems to adopt the 5 year olds stance of 'if I can shout louder then my point is more valid'
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Yeah I gathered that He seems to adopt the 5 year olds stance of 'if I can shout louder then my point is more valid'
    If you want to see the absolute limits of crazy, look up his rant on food additives, and his one on how the government is "making people gay."

Deleted
    Hey, I don't really care about the US gun control debate as I'm not American, however I did see this Alex Jones guy on Piers Morgan's show on CNN. Piers invited him there to debate the subject after this guy called for him to be deported. Let me just say to all you gun enthusiasts in the US, that Alex Jones character behaved like a complete ass while Piers Morgan kept his calm despite being constantly yelled at and abused and not even allowed to talk on his own show. He is not exactly doing gun enthusiasts any favours by acting like that. On the contrary he makes gun lovers look like monkeys who can't control themselves in a civilized debate. I really hope this guy isn't the main representative for the gun lovers over there...

False; it was conceived so that the common man would be able to use whatever weapons his government wielded. How else would you be able to defend yourself against them? That's the reason the Second Amendment exists; to prevent the government from having such absolute power over its people to impose tyranny. It may seem like a silly notion, that one would even be *able* to resist the government, but the idea still holds merit, that if even 1 in every 3 citizens owned a weapon, it would be enough to wage civil war. The Second Amendment isn't even there to allow us to wage war; it's to inspire enough fear in the government, that they don't impose crazy laws.

Don't take that the wrong way; I absolutely believe in stricter gun-control, and personally, I don't see any reason that any citizen should be able to own a concealable weapons (ie. handguns, Uzi's). But when it comes to assault rifles, things of that nature... it's important we retain those laws so we *DON'T* have to use them. It is statistically proven that areas with high gun-ownership have lower crime-rates, which is another compelling reason, but we much never forget the true reason for the Second Amendment; to protect us from a corrupt government.

Quote Originally Posted by ameer View Post
    Hey, I don't really care about the US gun control debate as I'm not American, however I did see this Alex Jones guy on Piers Morgan's show on CNN. Piers invited him there to debate the subject after this guy called for him to be deported. Let me just say to all you gun enthusiasts in the US, that Alex Jones character behaved like a complete ass while Piers Morgan kept his calm despite being constantly yelled at and abused and not even allowed to talk on his own show. He is not exactly doing gun enthusiasts any favours by acting like that. On the contrary he makes gun lovers look like monkeys who can't control themselves in a civilized debate. I really hope this guy isn't the main representative for the gun lovers over there...
    He's not. Piers actually had several others before pulling Alex Jones on. It was a bait-and-switch. Piers was a smarmy, arrogant twit to the other pro-gun-rights people, and it showed, so he pulled someone on to the show that he knew would destroy his own argument.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Honestly with that way of thinking peace really will never be a reality. You can't have peace if everyone needs to get a gun or weapon to protect themselves from other people.
    Trying to live in a dreamworld where crime doesn't exist and nobody needs to defend themselves seems pretty insane to me. That isn't reality at all.