Thread: WarCraft 4?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WarCraft 4?

Hello,

Dont know if there any similliar posts to this (probably there are, but didnt see them).

Heard something about Blizz will make warcraft 4, so i would like to hear some opininions about it. Will it be or not? If its gonna happen, what would be changed (exepct graphic ofc)?

Deleted
    You most likely heard wrong.

No Warcraft 4. All story and lore in Warcraft universe will continue to expand only with WoW. ( Talking only about games, not books )

Nothing but unconfirmed rumours. Unlike with Titan, Blizzard hasn't even mentioned a new RTS being in development.

Yes, it was probably just a rumour. Guess i m among the ppl who started playing WoW because of wc3, not because its some MMO game that have good behind story etc and would like to see wc3 (rts) in some new shape

i found some simillar post to this here on forums but im not yet allowed to post links...

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 04:34 PM ----------

Since i cannot post links i just copy-paste text from site where i found

Warcraft IV? Blizzard Entertainment files complaint over HeroesofWarcraft.com

Over the past year, Blizzard Entertainment has made a number of domain acquisitions including StarCraft.com, nearly 15 years after the game's first release. The company also registered the name WarcraftBattles.com just last month for unknown reasons. Now, Blizzard Entertainment is attempting to acquire the domain HeroesofWarcraft.com, only instead of having to pay what may be a lot of money demanded by its current owner, the company has filed a complaint (Case No. 1470639) with the National Arbitration Forum in hopes of the name being ordered transferred to their control. Will "Heroes of Warcraft" be the title of the next Warcraft? (Blizzard Entertainment, PC, WarCraft IV, Warcraft series)
    Unquote

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrider View Post
    Warcraft IV? Blizzard Entertainment files complaint over HeroesofWarcraft.com

Over the past year, Blizzard Entertainment has made a number of domain acquisitions including StarCraft.com, nearly 15 years after the game's first release. The company also registered the name WarcraftBattles.com just last month for unknown reasons. Now, Blizzard Entertainment is attempting to acquire the domain HeroesofWarcraft.com, only instead of having to pay what may be a lot of money demanded by its current owner, the company has filed a complaint (Case No. 1470639) with the National Arbitration Forum in hopes of the name being ordered transferred to their control. Will "Heroes of Warcraft" be the title of the next Warcraft? (Blizzard Entertainment, PC, WarCraft IV, Warcraft series)
    Unquote
    I would love to see Warcraft 4 in the future, but this quote doesn't prove anything.

Deleted
    i dont think they will make one, but i would love one. i still play warcraft 3 a lot, one of my favorite RTS games. would love if they made one. at least players still create new maps and such for WC3 which keeps me playing it

Deleted
    I think however it is, the hero will turn into the antagonist again.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciank255 View Post
    No Warcraft 4. All story and lore in Warcraft universe will continue to expand only with WoW. ( Talking only about games, not books )
    The campaign could be a summary of the main plots from the War of the Ancients to Deathwing's Cataclysm. Most RTS players don't really care about that, anyway.

I badly want a WarCraft IV. Either as a WC1 remake, or continue after WC3:TFT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want them to do it when wow as we know it needs a radical change. Make Warcraft IV a bridge between wow and wow 2 in a way. maybe a hundred or so years in the future. We need some fresh story.

I have a feeling they will release a WC4 to transition the plotline between WoW and WoW2

10+ Year Old Account
    If they did it I'd like to see it based somewhere that's not Azeroth, to foreshadow and plan out events we'll eventually see in WoW.
    Maybe flesh out the the current or recent events on Argus or have it revolve around what Turalyon and Alleria were up to, the places they visited and races they met while we we making our way through the patches on Azeorth and Outland.

I don't think that quote really suggests anything though, sounds kind of like it has something to do with Blizzard's DOTA.

If they did it, I would not expect it in anytime less than 8-10 years from now. And no, that statement is not intended as a shot at Blizzard about their development times. But I also don't think it an exaggeration.

Blizzard has already said that IF they do a Warcraft 4 (Blizzard has never said they would for sure make this game), they would not begin work on it until SC2 was complete. The 2nd of 3 planned SC2 releases is barely in beta testing. The first installment came out in July of 2010, so we are looking at close to 3 years between. Hopefully the next one will come out faster, but I bet it is at least 18 months after part 2 comes out. So that would give us all of SC2 sometime around late 2014 or early 2015. There may or may not be an expansion pack after that. If there is, push everything back a year or 2. But for now lets say they do the 3 planned games then they are done. The SC2 team moves over to start work on WC4. No Blizzard game in recent memory has been in development LESS than 5 years. But lets say they push it out fast cause they have decided WoW needs a reboot quickly. We are still probably looking at a release somewhere around 2020. And that's probably fast.

So, maybe Blizzard does WC4 or maybe not. But even if they do, it will release so far from now that there is no point in speculating on it. Come back and ask again in 6 or 7 years.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I badly want a WarCraft IV. Either as a WC1 remake, or continue after WC3:TFT.
    Want it too, thats why i made this post. To find out if some1 have any info about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been no official word, as others have said.

But it's probably only a matter of time.

I'm hoping they really go crazy with it - set it 500+ years after current WoW time, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

But it's probably only a matter of time.
    Exactly, i m sure that WC4 will be made. Im sure warcraft franchise will not die with WoW.

Deleted
    One day my friend...one day

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see a return to a RTS format for some aspect of Warcraft, maybe even within WoW. I'd love a feature where once you acheive a certain rank within your faction, you are summoned to your faction leader, and tasked with a mission on their behalf. The game then shifts into a RTS-style minigame where you have to accomplish various war effort goals to succeed, like establish a beachhead camp or secure a trade route. I'd love it.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

We all know WoW wont survive for ever. And ones Titan is on the move/released all focus will be on it, and the rest of staff/department will be on other games. Now Once WoW turns into ''last expansion'' phase, Warcraft 4 can take over the storyline just like WoW took over. And in the far far future, i wont be surprised that after many years with Titan, a new MMO based on Warcraft Universe might continue from Warcraft 4 (5) .

This time, we are facing a hole new era of WoW, dosent need to be Azeroth, but different planetes.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch