Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Emo-Thorim + Beard

I was looking at the new boss models, and I was wondering if anyone else thought the frost giant model looked a bit like an angsty/emo throim + goatee:

i.imgur.com/MyPo6.jpg

OMG it kinda does LOL

How is he a emo at all?

Deleted
    Well that seems pretty true but who is that guy anyhow? The boss that comes after 12/12 heroic?

Deleted
    Of course he looks like him, he seems to be titan-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    How is he a emo at all?
    Seconded.

People throw that term around WAAAAAAAAAAY too loosely these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    How is he emo? Seems more like a giant with wounds that been hurt in battle rather then cutting himself.

Yes, everything that is cool is emo in the nerd's language. Oh how I HATE that logic. Stop bashing everything that is mysterious, dark or beautiful by calling it emo.

hair covering your face is emo
    "i'm so sad i don't want the world to see me"

emo mainly just means you look like a little shit. i think a lot of you guys think emo is goth anyway

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 09:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Yes, everything that is cool is emo in the nerd's language. Oh how I HATE that logic. Stop bashing everything that is mysterious, dark or beautiful by calling it emo.
    stop getting mad because something you're into is being made fun of

isn't that why you counter-culture folks do all that stupid, weird ass shit? to get attention? well here it is, you got it.

you know why you don't see many adults who are into that shit? because when you get older you realize how fucking dumb it was

Deleted
    Where do you see emo at that? if longer hair=emo to you,then it's sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi there OP I had to log in to help you out with this model. I'm not lore expert but this model is the same model as those old slave dudes in the caves in Storm Peaks. One of the quest line and daily quests you can do for those super large blue girls. And there in lies the reason he is depressed. Because him and all his friends are slaves to this clan of huge blue females.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlueAri View Post
    Hi there OP I had to log in to help you out with this model. I'm not lore expert but this model is the same model as those old slave dudes in the caves in Storm Peaks. One of the quest line and daily quests you can do for those super large blue girls. And there in lies the reason he is depressed. Because him and all his friends are slaves to this clan of huge blue females.
    Actually no, not really, those guys are Vrykul, that guy is a titan-esque being.

Emo? what? I dont even.

He looks a bit brooding but so what?

Ah, so being tormented beyond imagination, your heart cut out, your blood sucked constantly to do malicious experiments and imprisoned with no hope is being Emo now?

Emo? No. Emotional? Yes, his wife had been murdered. Poor Thorim.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself"

With that obligatory joke out of the way, not sure I would really call that model emo.

Because he has cuts that weren't self-inflicted?
    Because he has long hair?
    Because he's all grim and pissed looking?

I'm perfectly fine with making fun of the "ZOMG you just don't understand how much pain I'm in living in the suburbs! (//o)" type of attention-whores by rightfully calling them emo, but not seeing it with that model.

Deleted
    He looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    stop getting mad because something you're into is being made fun of

isn't that why you counter-culture folks do all that stupid, weird ass shit? to get attention? well here it is, you got it.

you know why you don't see many adults who are into that shit? because when you get older you realize how fucking dumb it was
    If it wasn't for sig limitations, I'd totally keep that for posterity. Still, +1 internets to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm amazed of the detail he has. I mean those wounds actually have depth.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

He is supposed to be sort of the Pandaria version of Thorim. The difference is that while Thorim existed with many other keepers at Ulduar, due to the large threat posed by Yogg-Saron should he have escaped Ulduar, it seems Ra-Den was left to guard the Engine of Nalak'sha all by himself.

This became a problem when the Mogu, former servants of the Titans that were transformed by the curse of flesh, turned twisted over time and one of them, Lei Shen, entered the vaults and did battle with Ra-Den, somehow winning and ripping out the titan keeper's heart, which is what has given the Thunder King his power.

Since then, he was taken to Thunder Isle and locked inside the Thunder King's fortress, his "flesh" taken and used in experiments in fleshshaping. Likely when the Thunder King was killed during the rebellion, the mogu abandoned the island and Ra-Den was kept locked deep and alone below the fortress, possibly going mad.