Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 4-set will on occasion allow you to get greater combustions through pyro crits when preparing the PoM - AT Combustion. It's a decent buff overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    The 4-set will on occasion allow you to get greater combustions through pyro crits when preparing the PoM - AT Combustion. It's a decent buff overall.
    I dunno, I just ran some numbers running the 4 set against the current Tier 2 set and Pyro will still do roughly 5% extra damage with this Tiers 2 Set. Depending on the base stat increases of the new gear, I think a Tier 14 HC 2 Set and Tier 15 Normal 2 Set may be more beneficial than the 4 set, at least until Tier 15 HC gear.

Again, will have to wait and see if what the base stat updates from T14 HC to T15 Normal will be, we do know from previous history (Firelands -> Dragon Soul) that the Tier 14 HC gear will be still much better than T15 LFR gear and may only be only 4-5 ilvls behind the normal ones.

4 pc seems good for arcane. Perhaps too good. Let's hope they dont balance arcane around the assumption everyone has it. As for fire... we shouldnt bother. They wont design anything cool. They're just waiting for us getting more crit and the spec fix itself. It's called lazy design.

Quote Originally Posted by sef24 View Post
    Question is... is that 4 piece worth the loss of the t14 2p?

12% more damage per IL or 6% more IL procs.... + other stats.
    If they find out people are using old tier for the set bonus they will crush it, trust me it's happened before.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    If they find out people are using old tier for the set bonus they will crush it, trust me it's happened before.
    Yea I'm sure they wilL but it took them a couple months to fix the arcane bonus in firelands so t14 heroic can possibly be better than t15 for awhile if the math comes out right

10+ Year Old Account
    2-set bonus now instead of 5100 Haste after Alter Time grants 1800 Haste, Crit and Mastery. Will lessen the issues with stat capping, but opens another can of worms.

2-set bonus now instead of 5100 Haste after Alter Time grants 1800 Haste, Crit and Mastery. Will lessen the issues with stat capping, but opens another can of worms.
    I am glad they changed that that way so it benefits all 3 specs almost the same.

uhhh i did kinda liked the whole idea of geting "haste" after alter time because time is related is haste or something :P

also i am hoping next expansion 2set is actually built on alter time so its another decent cd for mages
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Alter Time is a wonderful CD though?
    It extends heroism, potions, trinket procs, Arcane Power/Icy Veins and lets you double your procs

It's not a boring "press button to receive damage" cooldown and requires at least a little forethought

There is very little more I could ask for in a cooldown, this tier bonus is just icing on an already delicious cake

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll welcome this change if it sticks. But it just seems a little boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Alter Time is a wonderful CD though?
    It extends heroism, potions, trinket procs, Arcane Power/Icy Veins and lets you double your procs

It's not a boring "press button to receive damage" cooldown and requires at least a little forethought

There is very little more I could ask for in a cooldown, this tier bonus is just icing on an already delicious cake
    ah yea definitly but sometimes it can back fire with ....AT followed by someone pressed lust....fffffffff or even eat the whole trinket duration (not on the initial pull during the encounter)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

AT with bloodlust is only ever a problem in LFR

Alter time is an absolutely horrid cooldown. Usually you'll wait for your trinkets to proc before using it, right? But what if they don't proc for at least 20-30 seconds into the fight? Now your other trinket/cloak enchant/jade spirit and prepot are down.

Let's say you just bite the bullet and AT before that one pesky trinket procs. Now it procs during your AT. You lose that trinket proc entirely and now your DPS for the rest of the fight is going to be absolute dog shit.

I hate Alter Time and this 4 piece set.

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Alter time is an absolutely horrid cooldown. Usually you'll wait for your trinkets to proc before using it, right?
    You raided recently?
    Usually you use it on the pull (where all your trinkets are 100% guaranteed to have procced) and then during Bloodlust (When some of them will probably be up) and don't have time for a third

There is no situation in which your trinkets don't proc for 20-30 seconds, that does not happen unless you sit there not casting any spells.
    It is literally impossible for your trinkets not to have all procced within 30 seconds of the fight starting if you are doing your normal rotation.

Yes, I do raid.

My Battle.net profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...racks/advanced

I've had many many pulls where I don't get a LotC proc using Nether Tempest for quite some time. As fire I'd probably rip my eyeballs out waiting for a proc while using Living Bomb.

Fire is the most reliable spec for proccing LotC, because literally every spell that you cast applies a DoT effect
    You should get it within 8 seconds of the pull, not 30

You'll never have the problem as Arcane either because everything will have procced before you get 6 stacks of AB and two stacks of AM

The only one that should have any conceivable issues is Frost because it doesn't have any ramp-up time and can pop Icy Veins immediately, but as long as there is at least 6 seconds of IV remaining you should be fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire is the most reliable spec for proccing LotC, because literally every spell that you cast applies a DoT effect

You'll never have the problem as Arcane either because everything will have procced before you get 6 stacks of AB and two stacks of AM

The only one that should have any conceivable issues is Frost because it doesn't have any ramp-up time and can pop Icy Veins immediately, but as long as there is at least 6 seconds of IV remaining you should be fine
    Frost doesn't have any problems getting everything to proc as long as you get the opening right.

There's a really simple solution to AT causing problems with trinket procs. Just stop watching your buffs and ignore them.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

My apologies. You are right. I was basing my post on using Living Bomb as Arcane on heroic protectors(its a big dps increase).

But still. I sometimes lose my other procs waiting on a LotC proc. Alter Time feels like a chore to me. I really dislike it :[

I don't know I just feel like any cooldown that requires a bit more thought and expertise than just "Push button, receive haste" is a good thing.
    I guess I can understand people wanting a bit of an easier time though :P

It just sucks to know that sometimes your DPS will be at its highest and sometimes it won't simply based off of the way AT works. I can see why you like it, but I just hate the random factor.