Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it IS a warcrime. after the wrath gate the horde and alliance both made an agreement that neither would use any kind of plague again because of the horrors of what happened there.

you cant say its not a war crime because thats the very definition of war crime...
    You are assuming quite a bit the only agreement, we know of, between horde and Alliance was a non aggression pact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=67991#.
    Click on "View in 3D".
    That's nothing more than a regular Silvermoon Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    What are you talking about? Alliance and Horde were at war since World of Warcraft launched, else the whole game wouldnt make sense. Warsong, Alteractal and Arathi arent just in game battleground. Also, there wouldnt be a reason for the Horde to exist in its current form if it werent for the Alliance. Varian didnt declare anything but just revenge on Putress for killing Bolvar. He bravely ate all insults of Garrosh in the events of 3.2 and couldnt do much about Garrosh, the guy who actually declared full out war at 4.0, when he became Warchief.

Blood Elves had help from the Aldor/Scryer faction of Shattrath, who combined their forces to form the faction you saw on the isle.
    before the wrath gate the horde and alliance were at more of a cold war there were a few skirmishes but ultimately they were not at military war with eachother
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    That's nothing more than a regular Silvermoon Guard.
    Regular silvermoon guards are experts at killing arcane users.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    it IS a warcrime. after the wrath gate the horde and alliance both made an agreement that neither would use any kind of plague again because of the horrors of what happened there.

you cant say its not a war crime because thats the very definition of war crime...
    Agreement? Haha what agreement now? Garrosh is in charge we don't a f about the agreement anymore especially the fact hes going to do whatever all he can to well annihilate the other faction aka Sha infused

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=67991#.
    Click on "View in 3D".
    Eh, they look like regular guards, I wish they would make a model for them that would resemble WC3.

According to bluepost from Bashiok:

Q: What has become of the blood elf Spellbreakers?
    A: While they were already few in number to begin with, the ranks of this formidable fighting force were thinned drastically when their headquarters on the Isle of Quel'Danas was overwhelmed by Kael'thas and his Burning Legion forces. The lone squad that remains now exists as a relic of a bygone era, as the Spellbreakers have refrained from training any new recruits since Kael'thas's betrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You are assuming quite a bit the only agreement, we know of, between horde and Alliance was a non aggression pact.
    unless im remembering it wrong i remember thrall and jaina saying something like "this atrocity must never be allowed to happen again we will stop all production of the plague" or something like that and jaina agreed saying the alliance wouldnt make one of their own to combat it O-O

could be a little hazy about what exactly was said but im pretty sure they both agreed they wouldnt use the plague again. thats why in cataclysm garrosh told sylvanas it flat out wasnt allowed

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Agreement? Haha what agreement now? Garrosh is in charge we don't a f about the agreement anymore especially the fact hes going to do whatever all he can to well annihilate the other faction aka Sha infused
    i know that of course im just saying its a bit silly to come in and say "cant wait for all the people to come in and try to say this is bad"

it could be used as further leverage against garrosh though. the horrors and heroes of the wrathgate are pretty important to the people of the horde. if they were to find out garrosh is using the same stuff that caused it might bring more people over to baine and vol'jins side
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

thats why in cataclysm garrosh told sylvanas it flat out wasnt allowed
    No, he didnt allow it because only thing he could spit was some crap about honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Eh, they look like regular guards, I wish they would make a model for them that would resemble WC3.

A: While they were already few in number to begin with, the ranks of this formidable fighting force were thinned drastically when their headquarters on the Isle of Quel'Danas was overwhelmed by Kael'thas and his Burning Legion forces. The lone squad that remains now exists as a relic of a bygone era, as the Spellbreakers have refrained from training any new recruits since Kael'thas's betrayal.
    you gotta remember blood elves have alot of pride. being kicked out of a city they helped create in the first place might be enough to convince the spellbreakers to start teaching new recruits to fight them.

spellbreakers would give the blood elves huge advantages over the kirin tor

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Rhonin being dead might put a bit of a damper on that.

Asking a warlock that question...

"Er... um... no?*cough* Ooh, i need to go."
    You say this like it would stop mr. Knaak...

also, that is almost as great as this quest as a 'lock

Fools!!

This Draaka woman has allowed herself to be manipulated by a demon!

<Garrosh studies you for a moment.>

And I smell its taint on you as well, warlock....

Demon taint...on a warlock...perceptive aren't we Garrosh
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

unless im remembering it wrong i remember thrall and jaina saying something like "this atrocity must never be allowed to happen again we will stop all production of the plague" or something like that and jaina agreed saying the alliance wouldnt make one of their own to combat it O-O

could be a little hazy about what exactly was said but im pretty sure they both agreed they wouldnt use the plague again. thats why in cataclysm garrosh told sylvanas it flat out wasnt allowed
    In their little chat in the prelude to the cataclysm they briefly talk about the wrath gate incident. Thrall simply states that Putress was not of the horde and they continue to talk about the hotheads they have to deal with (Garrosh and Varian).

15+ Year Old Account
    ermmmmm The only real difference is color and some helm accents
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

you gotta remember blood elves have alot of pride. being kicked out of a city they helped create in the first place might be enough to convince the spellbreakers to start teaching new recruits to fight them.

I just posted some info on them.

I wish OP would make more screens of the Sunreaver quest hub , so we could see whos there.

In their little chat in the prelude to the cataclysm they briefly talk about the wrath gate incident. Thrall simply states that Putress was not of the horde and they continue to talk about the hotheads they have to deal with (Garrosh and Varian).
    hmmm maybe im remembering it wrong O-O but im pretty sure they still agreed not to use it again

10+ Year Old Account

Not necessarily. They may be skilled at battling casters but if you expect the magic-immune ones of TFT, they will not make a return nor do I think Blizzard will make this a lore-based feature of theirs. They will blunt the Kirin Tor force to a degree, but I don't suspect powerful mages will fear them much more than any other warrior. They are of course elite elven warriors and that alone might render them a threat.

As for the blue post, I'd ignore it. I thought it was a dumb excuse back then, and now it just seems moot anyway. I would've simply argued most Spellbreakers retrained as BKs, the sindorei's new elite frontline military force. I also hope they are given proper armour models and not guard armour replicas.

the Spellbreaker are present from the patch 5.1

hmmm maybe im remembering it wrong O-O but im pretty sure they still agreed not to use it again
    I just looked the plague wasn't even mentioned the main talk was about cut up night elves, whose skins were planted as a decorative in the trees. Varian wanted a statement and an apology, Thrall gave a statement but refused to apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Not necessarily. They may be skilled at battling casters but if you expect the magic-immune ones of TFT, they will not make a return nor do I think Blizzard will make this a lore-based feature of theirs. They will blunt the Kirin Tor force to a degree, but I don't suspect powerful mages will fear them much more than any other warrior. They are of course elite elven warriors and that alone might render them a threat.

As for the blue post, I'd ignore it. I thought it was a dumb excuse back then, and now it just seems moot anyway. I would've simply argued most Spellbreakers retrained as BKs, the sindorei's new elite frontline military force. I also hope they are given proper armour models and not guard armour replicas.
    I wouldn't disregard the blue post, it just seems the spellbreakers realized their skills are still needed and chose to take new recruits.

10+ Year Old Account
    They might not have been involved as much, but whenever they encountered each other directly they are pretty much even.
    ^This. I do consider the antithesis between them and the dwarves a little... stupid. Their natural enemy in the Alliance was once the Draenei and at a time the Night elves, as their principles were in the past at complete opposition with each other. Not so for them and the dwarves, any more than with humans. The races were once allies, anyway. Besides, when it comes to making useful discoveries out of magical artefacts, I don't see how the Explorer's League would have much luck "countering" them.

It seems Lor'themar really wants to win this little confrontation with Dalaran. I wonder what the Kirin'tor will use to counter such an Arsenal.
    My guess as the Alliance has both Night Elf Highborne and Moonwells, that is good counter to Blood Elf Arcanists and Sunwells.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    My guess as the Alliance has both Night Elf Highborne and Moonwells, that is good counter to Blood Elf Arcanists and Sunwells.
    Switch the highborne with Draenei magi and I might agree. The highborne are a few thousand years behind ,in the knowledge of the Arcane, after all. ;P