Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    How is this even a debate? Learn to play a healer class when being pressured. That's pvp.

You will be pressured no matter what, addon or not, nothing will change. Suck it up.

And DPS should learnt to play DPS and properly identify their targets.

The problem is not DPS attacking healers, the problem is an addon marking the DPS target without him doing anything.

The bad players here are the DPS using this addon because they are so bad that they can identify healers fast enough.

No one is asking that DPS should be unable to target healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why an add-on should get banned which only gives you information which is already
    obtainable by having a pair of working eyes.

I mean if you need help detecting healers in battlegrounds, well... you should probably try to avoid such
    tunnelvisioning and try to grasp some awareness of your surroundings.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    I don't understand why an add-on should get banned which only gives you information which is already

I mean if you need help detecting healers in battlegrounds, well... you should probably try to avoid such
    In fact this is actually the first time I've heard about the addon I'm ma go download it just to make the people like the OP whine more.

Kudos ~

Quote Originally Posted by swill655 View Post
    Hello I am a healer from who enjoys the occasional battleground and Rated battleground but since this addon has been available it makes it even more difficult to enjoy pvp. Granted it really isn't hard to spot out the healers when you are in battlegrounds but do people really need the unfair advantage of a constant healing icon above healers? I just don't understand how blizzard can allow this addon. Although no it doesn't break any of the gaming rules, i think most healers would agree that it takes a lot of the joy out of casual pvp for them. I would love to get a blue's response on this topic since i have yet to see a response as to how they are allowing this addon to exist.

Thanks
    The addon has been around forever. If only people used it!

I play a healer in pvp on a druid, and HPally. Outside of arenas, 75% of the time as a healer you go untouched. Especially if you shrink with Nogginfogger - I carry stacks of them on just about any toon I PVP on.

The HHTD addon requires you to have healthbars over people's heads enabled. Most noobs in Random BG's don't even know what a healer is, nor do they want to lift their faces from smashing the keys to look at where the heals are coming from.

Learn to use your cooldowns as a healer. The addon doesn't make baddies good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    OH JEE I WONDER WHY WE SHOULD BAN it! Golden right there.
    It does, marking people in PvP of the opponent team is not possible and HHTD does it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post

Same reasons why some raid addons were banned, they trivialized the whole thing and took away the need of people to be observant and judge the situation themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It does, marking people in PvP of the opponent team is not possible and HHTD does it anyway.

Same reasons why some raid addons were banned, they trivialized the whole thing and took away the need of people to be observant and judge the situation themselves.
    You sound like if the addon is going to get banned people are going to target you less like LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by swill655 View Post
    Hello I am a healer from who enjoys the occasional battleground and Rated battleground but since this addon has been available it makes it even more difficult to enjoy pvp. Granted it really isn't hard to spot out the healers when you are in battlegrounds but do people really need the unfair advantage of a constant healing icon above healers? I just don't understand how blizzard can allow this addon. Although no it doesn't break any of the gaming rules, i think most healers would agree that it takes a lot of the joy out of casual pvp for them. I would love to get a blue's response on this topic since i have yet to see a response as to how they are allowing this addon to exist.

Thanks

I find it hilarious how many many people didnt even know this addon existed, and currently you have almost 5000 more people going to use it because you advertised it so well.

Good job !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by howdydiddlydoo View Post
    I find it hilarious how many many people didnt even know this addon existed, and currently you have almost 5000 more people going to use it because you advertised it so well.

Good job !
    It's great; I'm ma spread this to all my BG hero friends since that's all I kinda do now on WoW.

You sound like if the addon is going to get banned people are going to target you less like LMAO
    Bad players probably will target healers less or spend more time identifying it.

There is a reason why some people use it.

Last time I checked, HHtD only marked them for the person with the add-on (might have been changed since the last time I looked at it though). Besides, there are a number of UI replacements that automatically do this as well.

DBM and the other boss mods still being active would tend to discredit this statement.

If Blizz wanted add-ons to not be able to do this, the function that the add-on calls would be a protected function.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    And DPS should learnt to play DPS and properly identify their targets.

The problem is not DPS attacking healers, the problem is an addon marking the DPS target without him doing anything.

The bad players here are the DPS using this addon because they are so bad that they can identify healers fast enough.

No one is asking that DPS should be unable to target healers.
    One could argue that he addon is putting things back on a level playing field and it trully engages PVP rather than Team A having healers playing PVE style while team B is going to be the raid boss that will slowly die as they have no healers and are not killing the healers of the other team.

Thus this addon is forcing healers out of aPVE comfort zone style healing into a preasured mobile style that is different from pve. The OP said it in ther epost they are a casual pvp'er that wants to go back to basically PVE healing his team while there is next to no pressure on him.... How is it PVP if no players are on the healers?

It's easy to see the DPS there either on your ass or there are nice spells flying at you from them... however this visual que is generally missing from healers unless you are looking at them cast...thus the icon adds the "this is what I'm doing to you" to healers that you may otherwise not notice.

Just the flip side of the coin!

Deleted
    So people who use this addon lets say any top tier people whom use this addon are automatically bad at this game? Makes no sense whatsoever.
    He did not say they was bad just for using it, he was saying there is scrubs using addons to make up for their own lack of ability for being aware of what is going on around them, much like gladiatorlosa does in arena.

Blizzard provides this information, so ban blizzard!

Even if they didn't provide it, you can easily tell what spec people are depending on what buffs/debuffs are being thrown around or where they're standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    He did not say they was bad just for using it, he was saying there is scrubs using addons to make up for their own lack of ability for being aware of what is going on around them, much like gladiatorlosa does in arena.
    Oh I'm derpa ~Touche I apologize. I'm still fascinated this is the first time I've heard about this addon.

OP, you're right that it's terrible that people are using an add-on for this functionality.

It should be made part of the default user interface.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Let's see. Prior to the add on that has to die, there was a point to standing in a bush or being a gnome. Now there isn't. Prior to the add on that has to die, I was only focused by smart people and pre-mades. Now I'm focused by every person who can figure out how to download addons. (By the way, there are way more people who can download addons than people who can think about who has the glowy hands.)

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    One could argue that he addon is putting things back on a level playing field and it trully engages PVP rather than Team A having healers playing PVE style while team B is going to be the raid boss that will slowly die as they have no healers and are not killing the healers of the other team.

Thus this addon is forcing healers out of aPVE comfort zone style healing into a preasured mobile style that is different from pve. The OP said it in ther epost they are a casual pvp'er that wants to go back to basically PVE healing his team while there is next to no pressure on him.... How is it PVP if no players are on the healers?

It's easy to see the DPS there either on your ass or there are nice spells flying at you from them... however this visual que is generally missing from healers unless you are looking at them cast...thus the icon adds the "this is what I'm doing to you" to healers that you may otherwise not notice.

Just the flip side of the coin!
    If the enemy team is composed of players that dont focus the healer unless an addon marks them, they deserve to lose.

If the healers dont heal the right players, your team lose, and no addon mark those players.

If the DPS on a team dont focus the right target, they should lose, and no addon should do that work for them, IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    If the healers dont heal the right players, your team lose, and no addon mark those players..

By that reguard then there should be no player unit frames that the healer can look at and see who is low health on there team. They should be looking at the battle and seing who is getting hit and heal them right? I mean if visuals are OP and ruin the game then healers should have no visual que's on who to heal like DPs should have no visual que on who to dps.

Great argument thanks for pointing that out!

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Heck they should do the opposite. They should give everybody this addon.
    Haha, my thoughts exactly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I like this addon, even when playing as a healer. It helps you improve your skills when tanking a bunch of bads. Also, bgtargets is a far superior addon to hhtd.

Healers are pvp's tanks