Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    http://youtu.be/jKyEsTtyYoE - Guy called TsunamiTD/TsunamiEX playing him top. He also has a video playing him mid.
    He goes for attack damage. Seems like he's pretty good in lane with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    AS/On-hit Thresh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    AS/On-hit Thresh

[video=youtube;UPl6CO49C_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPl6CO49C_4[video]
    Doesn't really seem that bad but I honestly don't see this being that viable, but I don't know, it might be possible.

I don't really know lol, the snowball isn't really helping me see if this might be something good against several champions or in a lot of games, I know he had a lot of damage but meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Doesn't really seem that bad but I honestly don't see this being that viable, but I don't know, it might be possible.

I don't really know lol, the snowball isn't really helping me see if this might be something good against several champions or in a lot of games, I know he had a lot of damage but meh.
    I could see AD Thresh working, like in Grading's video. His Q passive gives him 200% of his AD as extra damage if he waits long enough on an auto. On-hit is always pretty meh, even on on-hit champs like Teemo.

Deleted
    I think it's going to be similar to Morgana in a sense, how she can support but is better off mid. He can go top, but he'd be much better off supporting bot and leaving top to someone more fit for the role.

/edit

... Wow. I think, just think, this might be in line for a nerf.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-01-10 at 12:48 AM.

Deleted
    162 MR with 0 MR items. I don't think that the damage on that is really a problem, as it's more or less crit with some base. (I have no idea how fast it charges).
    However if you buy bulwark or something he will be nearly invulnerable to magic damage, and probably being able to completely shut down most of APs that are still being used.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    162 MR with 0 MR items. I don't think that the damage on that is really a problem, as it's more or less crit with some base. (I have no idea how fast it charges).
    However if you buy bulwark or something he will be nearly invulnerable to magic damage, and probably being able to completely shut down most of APs that are still being used.
    They're supposedly going to remove the MR scaling part of his passive. Also, afaik Q's passive is supposed to build up rather fast. I've read a Rioter saying that there is a noticeable gain in damage from it with increased range to constantly autoattacked target - in other words attack wind-up time and projectile travel time is enough to affect it.

Deleted
    Sounds more like Trondamere then. Brace yourself -.-.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    I'm interested in this guy, but I am really confused by what I should be looking into build-wise (this wouldn't be the first time) and considering his looks I think it's gonna be like Hecarim again where even if I buy him I wouldn't likely get to use him for a week. I feel kind of guilty for wanting Riot to make him objectively superior at support vs other roles so soon after Nami, but I still do. I guess I will see closer to launch.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    I'm interested in this guy, but I am really confused by what I should be looking into build-wise (this wouldn't be the first time) and considering his looks I think it's gonna be like Hecarim again where even if I buy him I wouldn't likely get to use him for a week. I feel kind of guilty for wanting Riot to make him objectively superior at support vs other roles so soon after Nami, but I still do. I guess I will see closer to launch.
    Don't feel guilty, I am interested in him only on a support basis only! If he's no good as support I will probably never buy him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Don't feel guilty, I am interested in him only on a support basis only! If he's no good as support I will probably never buy him.
    He's definitely a good support, don't worry about that. What remains to be seen is exactly how good he is in other lanes. Riot says he can jungle, but it's pretty terrible from what I've seen. Also, his wave clearing isn't that good for a solo laner, but while he might get pushed around he can make an enemy regret it with all his CC and his ability to pull people out of position and into a gank.

Really wanna test this guy out, I main support and would love to get a heads up on him, but no PBE account

IF anyone has one they wouldn't mind me using could they inbox it to me? It would be much appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    To those complaining about his ult... it's essentially Veigars wall... but it does dmg. It isn't bad, it's kinda amazing actually. I can see him being tailored more towards a mid champ with a few going support on him, kinda like lux lately.
    I'm sorry, but no chance really. He's nowhere nearly good as any mid champion, he has ABSOLUTELY NO harass. None. His Q is slow and his E range is way too small for any mid character to come close to it, I mean there is NO reason to go this close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lustinus View Post
    I'm sorry, but no chance really. He's nowhere nearly good as any mid champion, he has ABSOLUTELY NO harass. None. His Q is slow and his E range is way too small for any mid character to come close to it, I mean there is NO reason to go this close.
    Not to mention how atrocious his ratios are outside of the ultimate.

I would not go AP on him in a damage role, tbh. Going AD seems a lot better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I would not go AP on him in a damage role, tbh. Going AD seems a lot better.
    I've seen videos of him built as a tanky bruiser (free armour HO!) and it apparently does work rather well. His Q's passive is stronger than you'd think and he has so much control it's scary. I mentioned his ratios because my reflex reaction to "mid champon" is "AP carry". ;)

Yeah, I draw that "mid = AP"-connection a lot too.

But yes, his Q is insane as AD, and he gets pretty damn tanky.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm scared, I wouldn't mind if he just had to chose between Leona or Nautlius gap closers, but having a Blitzcrank grab, as well as a minor knockback, slow, occasional burst damage, the frustrating-ness akin to a farmed Nasus and the ability to save peoples lives right before death just sounds like a horrible mix of Blitzcrank/Soraka (Last second life saves)/Gangplank support + a Nasus/Veigar/Sion ability that doesn't require last hits to farm up (Not sure on that, correct me if I'm wrong).

Sounds like a real terror to play against.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    I'm scared, I wouldn't mind if he just had to chose between Leona or Nautlius gap closers, but having a Blitzcrank grab, as well as a minor knockback, slow, occasional burst damage, the frustrating-ness akin to a farmed Nasus and the ability to save peoples lives right before death just sounds like a horrible mix of Blitzcrank/Soraka (Last second life saves)/Gangplank support + a Nasus/Veigar/Sion ability that doesn't require last hits to farm up (Not sure on that, correct me if I'm wrong).

Sounds like a real terror to play against.
    His grab is nowhere near as scary as Blitz's - hit from max range it's not going to get the enemy even halfway towards you and it can't pull through the walls. It's also a slow projectile with a long windup and even slower drag speed. No mistake, it's still very useful, but not even close to the dangerousness of Blitz and much harder to hit.

As for souls, on one hand anything that dies nearby can leave one, no matter who killed the unit. On the other, getting the souls during laning can be dangerous/very mana draining, as you either need to spam your W(?) or go into melee range as a ranged champion. It also is not as strong as Nasus/Veigar Q farm - ratios on skills are atrocious, so this free AP is not as cool as it might sound and the MR part is removed.