Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How much is 3% bodyfat?

Before i started to workout (started on 22 november) my body had 15,4% bodyfat and one month later i wanted to see my results and what has changed (11 january) now it's 12,7% and i'm really happy to see that but i don't know how much that exactly is and i'd like to know, for example i dont know how long it would take to get back and i'd really be disapointed if it would just by missing a couple of days of working out.

My length is 1,83 if that matters.

Last time I cheked, it was 3%

To only have 3% of your body is incredibly (read: dangerously) low, so that's nothing to aim for. Losing 3% like you did (especially at a realitively low percentage) is on the other hand very good, and I'm sure you can take at least weeks of not working out (without gorging too much of course) before putting it back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

Deleted
    Well, honestly before I can give you any answer I need to know how you measured it, it is very hard unless you know exactly what you're doing to get you're exact BF%

10+ Year Old Account
    These should give you an idea:
    http://jasonsadler.com/wp-content/up...1-30-60-90.jpg
    http://www.musclebomb.com/julien_makeover.jpg

Although I can't assure that they're accurate, just picked them off Google.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Before i started to workout (started on 22 november) my body had 15,4% bodyfat and one month later i wanted to see my results and what has changed (11 january) now it's 12,7% and i'm really happy to see that but i don't know how much that exactly is and i'd like to know, for example i dont know how long it would take to get back and i'd really be disapointed if it would just by missing a couple of days of working out.

You start to lose tone after around 72 hours of inactivity. However, there's good news: it's a slow process, and how quickly you lose what you've gained depends on how long you've maintained it. For example, if you've been at 8% body fat for 10 years, you won't turn into a whale if you can't work out for 2 weeks. You might have to reduce a couple of weights 10 lbs, but that's it. If you've been working out 2 months, the lost fat should stay off for awhile -- it won't return after just a couple days, but I wouldn't go 4 weeks without a workout.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RodneyStanger View Post
    To only have 3% of your body is incredibly (read: dangerously) low, so that's nothing to aim for. Losing 3% like you did (especially at a realitively low percentage) is on the other hand very good, and I'm sure you can take at least weeks of not working out (without gorging too much of course) before putting it back on.
    EDIT: Yeah i know that a low body fat count like 5% is really bad but i'd like to get rid of excess fat.

Anyway, my goal was to loose the fat on my waiste and chest and that's it really, with clothes on you wouldn't be able to see that but i just don't want to get any bigger so i started to workout, i'm just asking you guys how much of a accomplishment it is burning off 3% body fat before i make myself happy on nothing much at all.
    Last edited by mmoc0147b9f362; 2013-01-10 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Whoops, read that wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, burning excess of fat is always good (not that 15% is too much, but it's not skinny either). Though I can't say how much of an accomplishment that is, as I've always been around 10ish%

Assuming you're between 20 and 40 and male, the healthy range is 8-19% according to this: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/librar...yfatcharts.htm.

<12% is around the area on average where you would start to see abs showing through, 8%-10% would be pretty ripped and most males "aesthetically ideal" area. Bodybuilders in competition are around 5% for a very short time only, this low amount is impossible to maintain. 3% is worrying and dangerously low, either check out your method of measurement or see your GP ASAP.
    Alganon: Catastrophe
    -Face the Deathbreath

well, 3% from 15% makes a loss of 20% of your former body-fat. 20% sounds good to me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: Yeah i know that a low body fat count like 5% is really bad but i'd like to get rid of excess fat.

Anyway, my goal was to loose the fat on my waiste and chest and that's it really, with clothes on you wouldn't be able to see that but i just don't want to get any bigger so i started to workout, i'm just asking you guys how much of a accomplishment it is burning off 3% body fat before i make myself happy on nothing much at all.
    3% in one month is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGnome View Post
    <12% is around the area on average where you would start to see abs showing through, 8%-10% would be pretty ripped and most males "aesthetically ideal" area. Bodybuilders in competition are around 5% for a very short time only, this low amount is impossible to maintain. 3% is worrying and dangerously low, either check out your method of measurement or see your GP ASAP.
    Did you even read the original post? He didn't say he was at 3% body fat. He said he lost close to 3% body fat from 15.4% to 12.7%.

OT: Good for you! A couple of days without a workout won't hurt and in many cases it can help your body recover if you've been training hard the last few weeks. After a few days off you will be ready for some intense workouts. Maintain healthy eating habits and you won't notice much if any change after just a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

That's a pretty solid improvement, but it should be noted that body fat measurements, especially home measurements, vary wildly based on hydration levels and other factors. You should check daily if it's a big deal to you, as this will give you a better idea of what you're actually accomplishing. Both of your fat levels are well within the healthy range, but getting down around 12% is pushing into what gets called the "athlete" level by the American Council on Exercise. Basically you're doing great!

10-15% is what you want, if by 12ish% your abs arent showing then they need more work tbh.
    Less than that is dangerous really, you CAN maintain 7% but there is quite the argue at "what cost", not worth it for vanity.

Your brain is made out of fat and all your organs are wrapped in it to protect them, fat is very important to reduce impact damage and maintain proper health, not to mention about lympatic system and vitamin absorption.

Anyway whatever makes you feel best, but be mindful, also while losing fat fast can be dangerous due to toxic shock, toxins in the body many times end up in fat as a way to prevent damage, but then again if you are close to that area then its fine, shouldnt be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Your brain is made out of fat and all your organs are wrapped in it to protect them, fat is very important to reduce impact damage and maintain proper health, not to mention about lympatic system and vitamin absorption.
    Myelin is mostly lipid-based but that doesn't make the brain "made out of fat." You also don't see your brain's lipid levels affected by exercise or the typical body builder cut diet.

My trainer was able to maintain 5 1/2% Bodyfat for about a months. He hated it had quite a few problems that came with keeping his fat% that low. He was trying to prove a point to one of his clients who was very obese that an extremely low body fat % could be just as dangerous as a very high one. If your goal is to get that low I would suggest you get help from a doctor, nutritionist, and a trainer. It's not healthy to be that low. Depending on your body type and muscle definition you can see abs anywhere from 8-14% bodyfat. If you want help to see what I personally think a healthy physique is I would Google Olympian sprinters. Then Google Olympian Marathon runners. Tell me which appears to be in a more "healthy" state. The Marathon runners have 4-7% bodyfat while the sprinters are 8-12%. You need some fat in your body to maintain yourself, not all "fats" are bad either. Don't let this body fat % get in the way of your work outs. Through those Google searches you should be able to tell which athlete looks to be healthier. Even though they have a higher body fat % you can look to be in amazing shape. It's best to get base line gauges. Bench, 1 mile run, Squats, clean, push ups, pull ups, etc....This way you have a chart to see your progress along with your physical shape. Another thing to add! Abs are made in the Kitchen not in the Gym. You CAN NOT out work a bad diet.

Deleted
    My penis has more body fat than all of you.

Here is a simple answer, since your question was hard to get to.
    Take your weight, divide it by 100. Multiply that number by 3. That's how much 3% body fat is.

That means, if you weight 150 pounds, then 1% of your body fat is 1.5 pounds. Multiplied by 3 is 4.5 pounds.

If you're talking what does it look like. At 20% and up, you have man tits. I've went from 22% down to 14% and I've lost chest, stomach, a lot of thickness to my legs and arms, my face got skinner. You'll see a difference in even 1% of body fat if you take before/after pictures

You start seeing abs naturally at 12%. Then keep dieting/working out, you'll see more.

You eat takes into consideration your activity level, exercising more will not mean you will lose more weight, but it will mean you can eat more.