Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    come on kalyyn... we all know you're a lunatic.
    Be fair, I'm a borderline sociopath at most...

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon-AN View Post
    Because legalising guns would do what exactly, in a society that gets by quite well without them and deems them unnecessary? The reason "us Europeans" are against guns in the majority, is because of the harm they cause.

All I ask, is for you to think about the following and give me an honest answer:

How many children / innocent people need to be murdered in cold blood, with the firearms you seem to hold with such esteem, before you will consider giving up you "God given right" to own them?
    Those aren't British lives. They're Americans, and they are none of your concern. Foreigners need to stop pretending that they care about us.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    their gun is their argument. when it comes down to it, your ability to force your will on another is how you get anything done. a gun aids that. USA has the most guns, biggest guns, and we're the leaders of the free world

not because you all respect us, you're just fucking terrified of us
    without our guns, the country with the second biggest guns would just take over

so every argument against guns comes down to the same thing. one side can force their will on others, the other side has to be careful not to piss them off so they don't get shot

peace has never been reality, never will, so arm yourself
    Wow that was stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Be fair, I'm a borderline sociopath at most...

Those aren't British lives. They're Americans, and they are none of your concern. Foreigners need to stop pretending that they care about us.
    It appears if we dont have concern about said lives, no-one else will. Again, the question is dodged. Will no-one answer it with even a little honesty?

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Another stereotype, 'the 2nd amendment is to protect us from our own government'. Why are you scared of your own government? Sounds like you elect the wrong people then.
    Its not a stereotype its the truth. Im not worried about the government going t-rex mode on me but that is the entire purpose of the second amendment. You also make the mistake of thinking that the candidates that, I would wager, most gun advocates voted for are those in office currently.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    The 2nd amendment was conceived for a time of general lawlessness, and when a gun took 4 minutes to reload. It has no place in its current form in modern society, and should be changed or done away with.

Also, don't deport Piers Morgan. We don't want him back.
    4 minutes to reload.....no.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Couldn't the best marksmen still only fire it a couple times a minute?
    I have read 15 seconds on average. But even if it was twice a minute...that would still be several 100% more than what he was suggesting.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I never had to defend myself other then in verbal battles and whit some boxing/wrestling matches vs friends, do I live in a dreamworld? Where's my candycane house?
    Just because a physical threat hasn't fallen upon you doesn't mean that the chance doesnt exist. Or does it not exist since your experience obviously means that it can't.

Hey I don't like what somebody is saying ship them off! Now the guy is a bit of a twit, but suggesting we force him to leave because of it is silly. If we started deporting idiots the country would be empty and 200 million ppl would be floating around in ships with no country.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    A lot of Europeans find it stupid because we're used to trusting our government, and we don't feel like we have the need to protect ourselves from it, not to mention that we have a smaller homicide rate, 3.5, than the USA's, 4.8.

Then there's also the question why a good handgun don't do enough, or a shotgun. An assault rifle to defend yourself seems a bit excessive.
    Violent crime rates would like to have a discussion with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand how you can be enthusiastic about something that was created with no purpose in mind but the ending of a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    I just don't understand how you can be enthusiastic about something that was created with no purpose in mind but the ending of a life.
    This argument is as old and boring as the car vs guns argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need another gun thread (but as linked, this story already exists in another thread), especially one that starts with "all gun enthusiasts are unintelligent."