Poll: What should we do about it, if anything?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    I remember him talking about that, you're misrepresenting him, however. He said that Obama and the liberals were glad that Hurricane Isaac was hitting and that several days of the RNC had to be cancelled.
    No, he claimed that Obama and the Democratic "regime" tampered with the hurricane forecast to force Republicans to cancel the RNC. But then of course in true Rush fashion, he went on to say that he was "in no way insinuating conspiracy," which is exactly what he was doing.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2013-01-11 at 02:35 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    The issue here is that you thought I was talking about you.
    You quoted me and said "you did this" twice, of course I'm going to think you're talking about me...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    It's one example, we can pull up pretty much half the "shows" he's ever done as perfect examples of his lunacy. For instance he claimed that Obama purposely told the national hurricane center to reroute the predicted path of hurricane Isaac so that it would seem like it was going to hit the Republican convention "because Obama was scared of Mitt Romney" and that Obama telling the hurricane center to do this actually changed the path of the hurricane to go... right where it was predicted to go. He didn't believe that the predicted path was come up with based on measurements or patterns, but was a giant Obama weather-controlling conspiracy.
    That makes much more sense, thanks for clarifying upon that. I don't believe it is too far out there to believe that Obama and/or other liberals are capable of doing such things.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know my internet persona, Kalyyn. Kalyyn tends to stray from my actual beliefs more often than not.
    Have you been hanging around Skellington?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easier to set up a defensive position with a rifle. If you're going to hole up in a room and wait for the police to arrive, I absolutely recommend a rifle. If you're going to go out and confront the criminal who is breaking in, then a handgun would be better.
    Yeah, then they toss a grenade into your holed up room and that's the end of that.

Or a TOW

Or a hellfire

Or they just drop a bomb on your house and call it a day.

When push comes to shove, if the government wants to take away our freedoms, they will. They have the firepower.

Be afraid, be very afraid.
    Putin khuliyo

I'm sure the government would try to "rationalize" it by claiming it is "counter-terrorism" or "police action."
    well with guys like alex jones and this fellow basically advicating domestic terrorism...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2448751.html

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You quoted me and said "you did this" twice, of course I'm going to think you're talking about me...
    Pff typical egotrip semaph!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Yeah, then they toss a grenade into your holed up room and that's the end of that.

Or a TOW

Or a hellfire

Or they just drop a bomb on your house and call it a day.

When push comes to shove, if the government wants to take away our freedoms, they will. They have the firepower.

Be afraid, be very afraid.
    Your mistletoe is no match for my TOW missile?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    How do you figure? Rebelling against the government and congress doesn't make you a hero, it makes you a rebel. And this idea that the vast majority of the state will rise up for the defense of what is, in all reality, a minority of the country is very facetious.

So what would you do if the country, through perfectly legitimate methods as allowed in the constitution, voted to amend the second amendment out of existence?
    Conservatives are the largest ideological group in America by far. There are over twice as many conservatives than there are liberals.

That will never happen, but if it did, we would still have a revolution. America isn't a country founded upon mob rule, it was founded on republicanism and classical liberalism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    It's a literary technique. I included both of us in the description to emphasize the point that nobody is innocent of what I was describing. I get your confusion. I really do. But the wording was for dramatic effect and nothing more. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conservatives are the largest ideological group in America by far. There are over twice as many conservatives than there are liberals.

That will never happen, but if it did, we would still have a revolution. America isn't a country founded upon mob rule, it was founded on republicanism and classical liberalism.
    Crazy that the GOP lost the election, isn't it?

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    @OP Seriously, your entire post is a joke. You should really try taking a step back from your own opinions once in awhile to get a rational perspective.

The Ultra-Conservative bible-thumpers are an archaic parasite that is feeding off of the republican party. Only when the republican party pushes them out will we as a country be able to come to some sort of understanding.
    Right now the government is like 2 completely different species trying to force control on to the other in order shape the country in their own image. They both know that this cannot go on forever, or we as a country will collapse. The end will come, but it isn't yet known if it will be peaceful, or bloody.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of you have been constructive at all....

I like how people with nothing better to say just sit here saying you're an idiot for listening to Rush Limbaugh... I can almost guarantee they all watch Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert and rely on them as a news source.
    Last edited by Duravian; 2013-01-11 at 02:43 AM.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    The paranoia among some parts of the right in regard to gun control is downright hysterical. Its good for laughs, and probably a bit of karma, but in the end nothing will likely happen. At MOST, we could see some sort of regulations regarding assault weapons, but thats unlikely with the tea party in the house. If they can't agree to give aid to Hurricane victims, no way there going to go with any type of gun legislation. Also, the left isn't using some special tactic to drive people from the right, the right is doing it to themselves. Their stance on reproductive rights and gay marriage motivates more reasonable people away from their extreme attitudes. The longer they cling to that, the worst they'll be. Furthermore, liberals don't hate guns. I vote democrat. I own guns. I don't favor gun control or banning guns etc. Many liberals have the 'if you don't like it fine, but don't force that upon others' mentality. Its the same for guns, reproductive rights, gay marriage, religion, and drugs to a lesser extend, etc.

And like most people said, listening to Rush is your first mistake. If you actually believe the stuff he's telling then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.
    I'm glad you're a liberal who supports gun rights, we need more liberals like you. Unfortunately the Democrats as a group are supporting draconian measures, such as flat-out bans on all handguns, all semi-automatics, and all magazines over 10 rounds. They aren't playing around with "you can only buy one gun a month" stuff anymore, they're playing for keeps now and they're serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Have you been hanging around Skellington?
    The sad truth is that I'm generally a very moderate and friendly person. But that's boring, and I love debates, so I've sort of invented an altered personality for myself on this website.

10+ Year Old Account

And that would be an extremist stance. If there is somehow enough backing to actually repeal an amendment from the Bill of Rights, than at that point you can just find your own country. Extremely unlikely, but the same system that protects your right to guns also allows the population to change their country for what they believe is for the better.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-01-11 at 02:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    well with guys like alex jones and this fellow basically advicating domestic terrorism...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2448751.html
    That's not batshit insane or anything. There's a Real American (tm) whom I'd trust with a gun.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Violent crime and homicide rates in the US have dropped consistently since the 70s, and are at 40 year lows.

Seriously you're wrong about literally everything.
    And that is directly correlated with gun rights being expanded across the board. From the FOPA to concealed carry to open carry to campus carry to the end of handgun bans to the end of the FAWB, etc.

Hey don't call bullshit on me broseph. I'm just reporting what I've been told.
    http://www.politicaltest.net/
    http://www.politicalcompass.org/

According to these, I'm a liberal democrat or a libertarian, respectively. Also, you don't actually know me. You know my internet persona, Kalyyn. Kalyyn tends to stray from my actual beliefs more often than not.

Actually, to be honest I don't think you know either me or internet me, because I've literally never seen you in a thread before right now.
    Could at least put an extra n in one of the kalyyns... And then tell us which is which!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    @OP Seriously, your entire post is a joke. You should really try taking a step back from your own opinions once in awhile to get a rational perspective.

The Ultra-Conservative bible-thumpers are an archaic parasite that is feeding off of the republican party. Only when the republican party pushes them out will we as a country be able to come to some sort of understanding.
    Right now the government is like 2 completely different species trying to force control on to the other in order shape the country in their own image. They both know that this cannot go on forever, or we as a country will collapse. The end will come, but it isn't yet known if it will be peaceful, or bloody.
    The single reason I own a gun is to protect myself from second amendment spewing trigger happy right wing pro civil war secessionists.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"