Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    I know you quoted them directly but it is not true. As PSP now (my sub just expired), the character select screen is telling me I can only activate 6 (I have 9). Sorry Kitty, time to kill some of your children.
    Hmm, that is disappointing because what they said seems to pretty clearly indicate that shouldn't be the case :/

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    IDK, I think the lighsaber 'bug' is kinda cool.
    Yea I've always sort of giggled about it. Same with the whole dancing with your sabers out. Have always been amused by that But then my reaction to most things has generally always been to laugh, there are few things my mind doesn't find humor in. Might just mean I a disturbed human though

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea I've always sort of giggled about it. Same with the whole dancing with your sabers out. Have always been amused by that But then my reaction to most things has generally always been to laugh, there are few things my mind doesn't find humor in. Might just mean I a disturbed human though
    I like when you are rocking DW sabers and you mount up and they bug and stay out. You have two sabers crossed in an 'X' as you ride like a gangsta through the slums of Narshadaa.

It's just how I roll.

Deleted
    Could someone explain "Active" characters to me? *embarassed* I can 6 characters but only 2 active? So what's the point of having 6 slots at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    Could someone explain "Active" characters to me? *embarassed* I can 6 characters but only 2 active? So what's the point of having 6 slots at all?
    The point is that if/when you subscribe, your previous characters are there waiting for you instead of just being hamfistedly deleted.

The two and 2 and 6 thing is a bit confusing. F2P (people who never have sub'ed or spent any real money on the game) can only have 2 characters per server. Preferred accounts (people who are former subs or have spent real money on the game) have 6 character slots.

Say back when you had a sub you had 10 characters. You would have to pick six characters to keep active (meaning you can play them any time) and leave 4 inactive (which basically means that if you ever decide to resub you would be able to play those characters again). Also, I believe that if you by the extra character slots you can keep more of your toons active.

Lastly, there is currently a bug that is making some preferred accounts act like F2P (so instead of saying they can have 6 actives it's saying they are only allowed 2). This bug is something they have said they will fix in a patch in the near future... which to me is crap and fixing this should be really high on their priorities... but there you have it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    The point is that if/when you subscribe, your previous characters are there waiting for you instead of just being hamfistedly deleted.
    So until I subscribe I can't use the other 4 characters? I'm sorry but lolololol what kind of pointless nonsense? I may just as well draw my other 4 characters on paper and they'll be just as "useful" then xD

Lastly, there is currently a bug that is making some preferred accounts act like F2P (so instead of saying they can have 6 actives it's saying they are only allowed 2). This bug is something they have said they will fix in a patch in the near future... which to me is crap and fixing this should be really high on their priorities... but there you have it.
    I have 6 slots to make characters, but it says I can only have 2 active. Guess I'm affected by this bug then? :/ Ohh well, I don't need to make more than 2 for a while yet so I hope it gets fixed till then
    Last edited by mmocafc5faf701; 2013-01-09 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    That would be a great business model, except that you already have people like ones that post here that try and rationalize that subscribers are somehow getting a worse deal already. These people would be furious and not feel special enough for their subscription. They would keep paying their sub, because in their eyes the company is not at fault, and instead take out their wrong hostilities on the free players.
    Ya I agree 100%. I think both subs/f2p is getting screwed hard but personally think EA decided to use lube when screwing the sub player base and not on the f2p. Only reason I have reinstalled SWTOR is cause i want to solo the world boss's for fun and once "If" i do that it will be uninstalled for good.

I love soloing things like raids/world boss's so i figured why not try my hand at it in swtor even more so since now i can play f2p.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

More FYI:
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Hi folks, after investigating this issue, we have discovered that the bug fix that we implemented in 1.6.2:
    • Unlock items no longer stack in the inventory.

has affected any unlocks that were on the GTN and in mailboxes. Please submit an in-game ticket for CS if you have been affected by this. Apologies for the inconvenience.

(Source)

It was reported in a thread about the Legacy Species Unlock, but appears to be affecting other account unlocks as well. Of course if you are F2P or a Preferred and are experiencing the problem I guess you'll need to call or put in a ticket through the website.

The two and 2 and 6 thing is a bit confusing. F2P (people who never have sub'ed or spent any real money on the game) can only have 2 characters per server. Preferred accounts (people who are former subs or have spent real money on the game) have 6 character slots.

Say back when you had a sub you had 10 characters. You would have to pick six characters to keep active (meaning you can play them any time) and leave 4 inactive (which basically means that if you ever decide to resub you would be able to play those characters again). Also, I believe that if you by the extra character slots you can keep more of your toons active.

I'm confused...

Subscribers and Preferred Status Players who have more than the current character limits will be allowed to keep and play all characters. No new characters may be created on the account until the number of characters on the account falls under the Global Active Character Limit for the account type, even if additional character slots are purchased.
    Doesn't this state that a prefered player with 10 chars could still play all 10 chars but wouldn't be able to create a new char until he subscribes or bought at least 5 character slots?!

@Harrus

to my knowledge... limiting characters to F2P player is common. I think to remember that I could only choose 1-2 in AoC out of my 6 toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Doesn't this state that a prefered player with 10 chars could still play all 10 chars but wouldn't be able to create a new char until he subscribes or bought at least 5 character slots?!
    That's what I thought, but apparently it was a miswording and was only meant to indicate that they wouldn't delete the extra toons. I'm trying to follow up on it to make sure, but yea the way you read it is how I read it too.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:53 PM ----------

Joveth just confirmed to me on Twitter that the patch note in question is meant to indicate that the extra toons will be inactive but not deleted, and is not intended to mean that if you have more characters than the cap that you'll be able to play them without resubbing. I'll link quotes and stuff tonight when I get home and can access twitter on my computer (Posting to the forums from my phone is too painful).

Joveth just confirmed to me on Twitter that the patch note in question is meant to indicate that the extra toons will be inactive but not deleted, and is not intended to mean that if you have more characters than the cap that you'll be able to play them without resubbing. I'll link quotes and stuff tonight when I get home and can access twitter on my computer (Posting to the forums from my phone is too painful).
    WTB better copy-editors. Oh well, I kinda expected that was the case to begin with, so nothing too surprising. Glad they're not deleting characters though.

Just to reiterate and stuff.

This is the part of the patch notes I am referring to.
    Subscribers and Preferred Status Players who have more than the current character limits will be allowed to keep and play all characters. No new characters may be created on the account until the number of characters on the account falls under the Global Active Character Limit for the account type, even if additional character slots are purchased.

@Joveth the patch notes seem to indicate that a preferred who had 10 toons before the last patch would still be able to play all 10. Cont...
    @Joveth ... Is that what was intended or is it supposed to mean that the extra 4 toons would be set to inactive but not deleted?

@Arlee82 set to inactive but not deleted!

@Joveth ok thanks! Also say you have 4 toons set inactive and you buy a character expansion slot, would that let you activate an inactive?

@Arlee82 yep!

(Source)

So basically that patch note is ENTIRELY wrong =/

So does Bioware have different definition of the word "play" than everyone else? They clearly state play, yet it is not the case. It's their game they can set any restrictions they want, but I personally don't care to be mislead. Bioware as of recent (especially with SWTOR) has been crap at communication and this just continues the trend. I guess its time to free up some space on SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    So does Bioware have different definition of the word "play" than everyone else? They clearly state play, yet it is not the case. It's their game they can set any restrictions they want, but I personally don't care to be mislead. Bioware as of recent (especially with SWTOR) has been crap at communication and this just continues the trend. I guess its time to free up some space on SSD.
    I think it's mainly that whoever copy-edits their stuff before it goes out is really really really not very good at their job. That or internal communication is beyond poor...and external communication...

Communication in general has been really not very good since launch. I remember being super hopeful when the new community team was brought in some months back, and being optimistic about the chances of improved and more clear communication. But sadly that hasn't happened yet : /

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    *snip*
    That and the fact that they have no repercussions for piss poor communication. In fact, it has permeated every public announcement they have made since the game launched which leads me to believe it is rewarded. Possibly even trained behavior.

Deleted
    I thought people were kinda exaggerating but... I was googling Legacy Name Chance and found out that it was going to be possible (1 time for free for all players) in 'future update'.... back in September lol. 4 months later and still no word on such a tiny simple thing? xD

Honestly I feel like there is some serious disconnect in their communication/editing... and I mean the fact that there has been no dev post about about and they obviously know it's misleading... but they haven't adjusted it... It's just sort of depressing to me. I mean I have pointed out errors in their patch notes berfore and they have always edited them, and those weren't even anything that was a huge deal. It's just frustrating.

More FYI:
    Hi folks, after investigating this issue, we have discovered that the bug fix that we implemented in 1.6.2:
    • Unlock items no longer stack in the inventory.

has affected any unlocks that were on the GTN and in mailboxes. Please submit an in-game ticket for CS if you have been affected by this. Apologies for the inconvenience.

(Source)

It was reported in a thread about the Legacy Species Unlock, but appears to be affecting other account unlocks as well. Of course if you are F2P or a Preferred and are experiencing the problem I guess you'll need to call or put in a ticket through the website.
    Looks like non-subscribers are screwed again since they can't do in game tickets and there is no toll free number to call

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 03:18 AM ----------

Jeez can Bioware be even more misleading with all thier statements?

Yet you still get people like Psychlon defending their every move. Really makes me wonder how people like him. Do they enjoy seeing fellow players be screwed over?

@Joveth the patch notes seem to indicate that a preferred who had 10 toons before the last patch would still be able to play all 10. Cont...
    @Joveth ... Is that what was intended or is it supposed to mean that the extra 4 toons would be set to inactive but not deleted?
    @Arlee82 set to inactive but not deleted!
    @Joveth ok thanks! Also say you have 4 toons set inactive and you buy a character expansion slot, would that let you activate an inactive?
    @Arlee82 yep!

(Source)

So basically that patch note is ENTIRELY wrong =/
    Just wow. And they hadn't even bothered to correct the patch notes as of tonight. Do they have an entire building of people who don't talk to each other over there?

Quote Originally Posted by efsunshine View Post
    Just wow. And they hadn't even bothered to correct the patch notes as of tonight. Do they have an entire building of people who don't talk to each other over there?
    First it would require Bioware to think about their customers/players, or think at all for that matter.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.