Poll: What should we do about it, if anything?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Technically your 5th and 6th amendment only mentions persons. Not citizens.

Other parts mentions "the people" which can easily be considered the citizen. But person is pretty universal. Which is also how your legal system works unless CIA comes between.
    Well right, I mean we're selfish like anyone else but we're not monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I would rather watch them than listen to some bible thumping idiot saying the world is going to end if someone get elected he doesn't like.
    Rush never said that, Rush said that "we can deal with four more years of Obama, but can we deal with four more years of the kind of people who would elect him?" Which is a very intellectual and thought-provoking statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    You want hateful, watch Ann Coulter.
    I didn't know she had a show, just knew she was nuts.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I understand that the UK has something similar to a Bill of Rights, based upon the Magna Carta just as ours is.
    The English Bill of Rights includes the right to bear arms as well. Just an interesting little factoid.
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2013-01-11 at 03:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    It is still a correct statement though, since they'll have to take at least one pill any month that they want to have sex.
    "She's having so much sex, she can't afford the contraception!"

But the thing is this: the girl wasn't taking the contraception for sex, she was taking it for ovarian cysts. And it doesn't matter how much sex you have, none, once, a hundred times with fifteen different men, you take one pill. One. So you can't have "so much sex you can't afford the contraception, because no matter how much sex you have, you only take ONE FREAKING PILL. If you have one sexual encounter and can't afford the contraception, you're already past the "can't afford" line.

So it is not a correct statement.

It's an incredibly wrong statement that was completely irrelevant to what Sandra Fluke actually talked about.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    while I skimmed most of that information vs what you wrote, what i did notice you sure like to have your own spin on comments and interpretations, picking and choosing things, and your continued use of disparaging remarks to somehow attempt to demonize a stance not your own is really annoying and makes it hard to take you seriously

saying what many would consider "common sense laws" about control equates to anti gun rights is silly
    Common sense laws? You may wish to re-read that paragraph. Not even the Brady Campaign, which is the largest anti-gun lobbyist in the country, takes such a hard-line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No, not its not correct.
    Yes it is, nobody is forcing them to have sex at least once a month. Or as another member pointed out, once a day.

Yes it is, nobody is forcing them to have sex at least once a month. Or as another member pointed out, once a day.
    "She's having so much sex, she can't afford the contraception!"

How much sex she has does not dictate how much contraception she uses.

If you don't want to get called another mindless Limbaugh supporter then don't act like one.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Sandra Fluke's point was that people use these pills for medical reasons other than sex. Rush took this, twisted it to something she wasn't even arguing about, and basically called her a slut.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Well right, I mean we're selfish like anyone else but we're not monsters.
    So your argument kinda falls apart... You said they were american rights - but apparently not :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    I didn't know she had a show, just knew she was nuts.
    I don't think she does. Just every time she's on Fox and I hear about it's some the most hateful, spiteful rhetoric I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    No it's not.

Regardless of whether a woman has sex or not, if she wants to be proactive about keeping herself from getting pregnant, she will take her pills regardless of whether she's having sex or not. Just because a woman takes a birth control pill every day/week/month/whatever time frame, does not mean she's having sex during that time frame. It just means she's prepared if she happens to.

It's preventative, not reactive, medicine.
    If you are worried that you might have sex every day, then you might have other problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I chose the last option on your list (Liberal, other) because I don't think just getting rid of pro-life crowd is enough. Also, the option to kick out all factions seems nonsensical to me, if there are no factions left how do you have a party?

In my opinion, the republican party needs to drop the following factions/stances:
    1) Pro-life /anti-choice
    2) Anti gay
    3) Anti science (evolution, climate, big bang, earth age)

Basically, drop the social conservative stuff and focus your party on issues which concern economics, welfare, foreign policy, regulations, etc.
    Why should they have to do that, when only number 3 is stupid? I voted not to give in to liberal media. That is worse than losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Why should they have to do that, when only number 3 is stupid? I voted not to give in to liberal media. That is worse than losing.
    Because so is number 2. And number 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    So your argument kinda falls apart... You said they were american rights - but apparently not :P
    You misunderstand. I meant that they are not rights that some universal force bestowed upon us. They were created by the institution of the United States. They may overlap with the rights of many other countries, but they only exist because we collectively chose to create them. And we didn't selflessly extend some of these rights to non-citizens. Likely, they were simply deemed to have little to no detriment against our own interests, so it was more of a "might as well" decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    And #2 isn't stupid? Still waiting for that non-religious explanation from conservatives as to why homosexuality is so bad.
    Putin khuliyo

Do you know a single woman? I swear. This is common behavior among single women that don't want to get pregnant.
    Really? Why would a single woman sleep with someone she just met (or at the very least, just started going out with) today?

Do you know a single woman? I swear. This is common behavior among single women that don't want to get pregnant.
    he's saying if you take it once a day you're having sex once a day and that's bad

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I keep misreading the title of this thread as "Is the left engaging in Sasami tactics?"

Which I would support wholeheartedly. There are few problems that can't be solved through magical girls and engrish.

But none of you have any idea what I'm talking about, because nobody else on Earth has ever seen that show...

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    And #2 isn't stupid? Still waiting for that non-religious explanation from conservatives as to why homosexuality is so bad.
    I'm sorry, but I cannot help you in this department. I'm a conservative and I fully support gay rights. In fact, one of my closest friends is a lesbian.