Poll: What should we do about it, if anything?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboard View Post
    Additionally, in case anyone was wondering.

Salami tactics, also known as the salami-slice strategy, is a divide and conquer process of threats and alliances used to overcome opposition. With it, an aggressor can influence and eventually dominate a landscape, typically political, piece by piece. In this fashion, the opposition is eliminated "slice by slice" until one realizes (too late) that it's gone in its entirety. In some cases it includes the creation of several factions within the opposing political party and then dismantling that party from the inside, without causing the "sliced" sides to protest. Salami tactics are most likely to succeed when the perpetrators keep their true long-term motives hidden and maintain a posture of cooperativeness and helpfulness while engaged in the intended gradual subversion.

behold my copypaste powers.
    ah, makes sense now. well i guess theyre onto us boys, they wont fall for it! keep hanging onto the nutjobs plz republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I feel like "great" and "intellectual" and "may be" has been redefined.
    Has the world's obesity problem gotten to the point where he can no longer be considered great?

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    How many liberals here do you think have listened to Rush Limbaugh's show a few times before judging him? How many of them even listened to his show once?
    As a summer job I work for my town doing parks and recreation....I've listened to him for two summers straight, and he is an absolute idiot.....and just flat out a complete shit head at times, I voted for Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Has the world's obesity problem gotten to the point where he can no longer be considered great?
    I believe the term is 'planetoid'.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Ummm... no. I call Hitler a loon because his "beliefs" involve removing basic freedoms from other people. You know that. Rush does the same fear/hate mongering - though Rush simply does it for profit.

BTW - good luck now for defending Adolf Hitler's "rights to encourage and promote hate and intolerance". People will really respond well to that on the forums. ^_^

Yeah, only a "liberal" would dare denounce Adolf Hitler's speeches. Great argument...
    you know I was just trying to...eh nvm >.> poe's law

i love when people typecast themselves as one thing and in turn typecast everyone else with differing opinions into an extreme opposition. hey buddy just a heads up, theres no conspiracy, theres no agenda, all it is is a bunch of individuals regurgitating talking points and grasping onto any semblance of organization that champions their personal opinions and beliefs. the sooner you start forming your own opinions garnered from your own spectrum of research, the sooner this whole "the sky is falling" mentality will go away. no ones taking your guns, think about the logistical nightmare that would be, how would they humanly have the man power and funding to mobilize that sort of effort? realize that you arent right, not all the time, maybe some of the time, and so is everybody else. we're all just a bunch of scared assholes trying to figure out whats good for our society as a whole, and with so many differing opinions, not to mention all the stubborn twats who make no concessions out of the misguided idea that they are always right, sometimes things get a little heated. sometimes things get a little messy. the important thing to remember is that no one is trying to do anything to YOU directly or otherwise, we're all trying to do for ourselves and those we love what we think is best, and it really helps progress things along when we arent demonizing the hell out of each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I believe the term is 'planetoid'.
    He's not that fat. He'd be a small moon, at most

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    He's not that fat. He'd be a small moon, at most
    WAIT JUST A SECOND.

I saw a thread on MMO about NASA wanting to add another moon to the moon.

And I remember Newt promising to establish a US colony on the moon by 2020... Are we planning to deploy a mecho-Limbaugh as satelite of a satelite to control the moon for US interests?

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Not the world, America's...

I kid, I kid XD

Holy shit Libertarians still exist after that joke called Ron Paul betrayed his followers?

Why not find an ideology that doesn't call the American civil war the "War to prevent Southern Independence", and maybe follow something a bit more .... American?
    Unless of course slave holding has become something worth fighting for since we last looked?

ps: doesn't the option "Kick out all of the factions, without exception." kind of mean that you kick yourself out as well?
    Last edited by kouby; 2013-01-11 at 06:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    WAIT JUST A SECOND.

I saw a thread on MMO about NASA wanting to add another moon to the moon.

And I remember Newt promising to establish a US colony on the moon by 2020... Are we planning to deploy a mecho-Limbaugh as satelite of a satelite to control the moon for US interests?
    O.O

Well we weren't before but...

hold on, I need to make a phone call.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 06:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    Holy shit Libertarians still exist after that joke called Ron Paul betrayed his followers?

Why not find an ideology that doesn't call the American civil war the "War to prevent Southern Independence", and maybe follow something a bit more .... American?
    Unless of course slave holding has become something worth fighting for since we last looked?
    I find it amazing that the Federal propaganda during the civil war was so effective that most people still believe it to this day. In reality, the idea that the civil war was fought over slavery just doesn't match up with the situation of the time.

I think the problem is that you listened to Rush Limbaugh for starters. Also, I find it funny that he states liberals "attack pro-lifers" and then gets upset the liberals want to increase gun control... which is essentially pro-life. Sounds like he should start calling liberals pro lifers at least.

I find it amazing that the Federal propaganda during the civil war was so effective that most people still believe it to this day. In reality, the idea that the civil war was fought over slavery just doesn't match up with the situation of the time.
    Holy fuck I need what you're smoking, life must be so simple when you're so high.

Also, I think the republican party needs to separate itself from religious and race issues to be quite frank. They turn off a lot of potential voters, and I think Romney pretty much stance changing to appease most of his republican party ended up costing him the election.

After decades of the Democrats bickering among themselves, the Republicans are starting to bicker among themselves. And of course you blame the democrats. The Left isn't the boogeyman that your pundits have convinced you. You guys are doing it to yourself. That's what happens when you let ignorant populists take over your party and chant so many slogans you forget which ones are doublespeak or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    Holy fuck I need what you're smoking, life must be so simple when you're so high.
    Ah, look at this, another poster who has a basic highschool understanding of American history challenging me on the Civil War. It's such an easy bait, it literally never fails. This site is literally drowning in guys sitting there thinking "I saw a special on the history channel once, I think I've got this whole thing figured out."

If you're from outside the States, then that's perfectly understandable and I apologize. It's not reasonable for me to expect you to know our history. If you're American though, please don't say such things in public. I want the foreigners to think we still have decent schools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    It was a perfect storm of telling the South what to do, on something that the North was adamantly opposed to(slavery).
    Oh, now here's something that's not in your state-approved curriculum. The Emancipation Proclamation only applied to southern states. The North didn't have to give up their slaves until the ratification of the 14th amendment, some time after the war was already over. Many Union generals held slaves throughout the war, and continued to do so after. Notably, General Robert E. Lee did not himself own slaves. In fact, he vigorously opposed slavery, as evidenced by documents dating as far back as 1856. He expressed his view of slavery as a "moral and political evil". When he inherited his father's plantation, he immediately freed every slave under his ownership. By and large, slavery was already dying out in the South. The invention of the mechanical mule-drawn plow made slavery uneconomical, and by the time the Civil War broke out, the South had already freed over 250,000 slaves.

Another thing that does not get mentioned is the fact that before the Civil War, the south was paying 87% of the nations tariffs, despite only having roughly 30% of its total population.

And now somebody will tell me I'm wrong or lying, yet provide no evidence for their claim. I've been through this scenario enough to say that with confidence.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 06:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    So talk to me about it.

I disagree with your initial point about it, and I've been studying the Civil War for 2 decades almost.
    Excellent, so surely you'll understand what I'm talking about here. Always good to see another history enthusiast

Ah, look at this, another poster who has a basic highschool understanding of American history challenging me on the Civil War. It's such an easy bait, it literally never fails. This site is literally drowning in guys sitting there thinking "I saw a special on the history channel once, I think I've got this whole thing figured out."

If you're from outside the States, then that's perfectly understandable and I apologize. It's not reasonable for me to expect you to know our history. If you're American though, please don't say such things in public. I want the foreigners to think we still have decent schools.
    You might want to elaborate further on your point of "the Federal propaganda during the civil war was so effective that most people still believe it to this day. In reality, the idea that the civil war was fought over slavery just doesn't match up with the situation of the time" just so that the whole interwebz can have a good laugh.
    So what was it, a conspiracy to steal the lands from the good hard working southerners? Please come up with something funny, please.
    If you're just one of those libertarian Lincoln haters I'm sorry you suffer from an immense lack of originality.
    What will it be next? FDR caused Pearl Harbour?

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 07:31 AM ----------

Notably, General Robert E. Lee did not himself own slaves. In fact, he vigorously opposed slavery, as evidenced by documents dating as far back as 1856
    So by the same logic Jefferson didn't hold slaves because he wrote so fervently about liberty maybe? Just wild guessing here.
    Last edited by kouby; 2013-01-11 at 06:32 AM.

If you're an self-proclaimed expert on the Civil War... this American has just one question for you:

Which particular issues of Abraham Lincon's policies and his administration did that the South hate him and his administration so much that they decided it was time to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    If you're an self-proclaimed expert on the Civil War... this American has just one question for you:

Which particular issues of Abraham Lincon's policies and his administration did that the South hate him and his administration so much that they decided it was time to leave?
    It wasn't slavery so much as the fact that the north had a ton more votes and much more money and could pretty much override anything the south wanted to do if they so desired. iirc a majority of the states who rebelled didn't even put Lincoln on the ballot and he still won the popular vote.