Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    You shouldnt really skip breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    True. I think Harzaka was being sarcastic, though.
    No, i wasnt sarcastic.

Breakfast isnt as important as you people think.
    Stop believing everything you read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    No, i wasnt sarcastic.

I never said you had to eat breakfast, only that if you eat breakfast you should avoid high-carb foods. You're trying to rebut an opinion that was never presented but thanks anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    I never said you had to eat breakfast, only that if you eat breakfast you should avoid high-carb foods. You're trying to rebut an opinion that was never presented but thanks anyway.
    And i just told the TS that he doesnt have to eat breakfast if he doesnt like breakfast.

Deleted
    And i just told the TS that he doesnt have to eat breakfast if he doesnt like breakfast.
    He quite obviously does like eating breakfast since he wrote that his typical eating habits included eating at 0700 each morning in the OP. Clearly, if he enjoys eating breakfast he should continue to do so, but adjust what he eats accordingly. Are you actually going to offer anything of benefit to these diet threads rather than just trying to pick stupid thinly-veiled arguments?

I get it, you think IF is great. Fantastic. How about you actually try and offer some opinion on how he might wish to go about IF in a sensible manner rather than just "herp derp miss a meal, it's all good!"

No, i wasnt sarcastic.

Yeah I should never believe nutrionist and other professional who do that kind of researches for a living but take the word of someone posting on a gaming forum. Thanks.

Deleted
    Yeah I should never believe nutrionist and other professional who do that kind of researches for a living but take the word of someone posting on a gaming forum. Thanks.
    You are clearly in denial because you are proven wrong on a gaming forum.
    You have proved that you know nothing... Get out of here and buy some tampons.

You are clearly in denial because you are proven wrong on a gaming forum.
    You have proved that you know nothing... Get out of here and buy some tampons.
    Why so mad bro?

Don't post spam posts
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-11 at 08:41 PM.

Deleted
    Why so mad bro?
    Really? A meme in a fitness forum..... And no i am not mad, you just dont know what you're talking about.
    I guess you think you can only eat 20g of protein per meal and you have to eat every 3 hours too?

Deleted
    I will try to help from my point of view. I have a similar "problem" , 178tall, 79.9 clothes on weight. That should be ok, but I do have small belly, that really annoys me past year or so.
    First of - stop the bread. Completely. I know is hard, but you HAVE to do it.
    The other exercises you have put on your list seems ok, cut the slack, run once(or if you have the time and will - twice)/day for 3 weeks in a row. You wont kill yourself, will be hard for the first 3-4 days or so, then you gonna enjoy it (at least I started).
    Fish and fruits are great, but my advice is - Have a good breakfast, pretty much anything you like (no bread or sweet stuffs, candies, chocolate and so).
    Make your second meal between 13 and 16th afternoon (fish is really great, tuna specially)
    Skip the dinner - if you are REALLY hungry, get an apple (or 2, or 3, cucumbers, anything that feels like eating but is mostly water. Carrots are great choice, maybe because I love them).
    I promise you visible results in 3 weeks. Its less than a month in your life, you wont regret it.
    After that you can just push harder on situps/running time and afford yourself sweet and bread+drinking days.

EDIT before post - cut the soda. ANY SODA! Water is ok, juice also works, but water is better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    I will try to help from my point of view. I have a similar "problem" , 178tall, 79.9 clothes on weight. That should be ok, but I do have small belly, that really annoys me past year or so.
    First of - stop the bread. Completely. I know is hard, but you HAVE to do it.
    The other exercises you have put on your list seems ok, cut the slack, run once(or if you have the time and will - twice)/day for 3 weeks in a row. You wont kill yourself, will be hard for the first 3-4 days or so, then you gonna enjoy it (at least I started).
    Fish and fruits are great, but my advice is - Have a good breakfast, pretty much anything you like (no bread or sweet stuffs, candies, chocolate and so).
    Make your second meal between 13 and 16th afternoon (fish is really great, tuna specially)
    Skip the dinner - if you are REALLY hungry, get an apple (or 2, or 3, cucumbers, anything that feels like eating but is mostly water. Carrots are great choice, maybe because I love them).
    I promise you visible results in 3 weeks. Its less than a month in your life, you wont regret it.
    After that you can just push harder on situps/running time and afford yourself sweet and bread+drinking days.

EDIT before post - cut the soda. ANY SODA! Water is ok, juice also works, but water is better
    Somewhat good advice, just dont eat too much tuna.
    Juice isnt that good, but acceptable. Diet soda is fine. But drinking alot of water is key.
    And based on the items you listed you ate under 1 000 calories, which you should not do.

You can start with reading the OTHER threads that people make instead of making a new one.
    if you have no interest in being constructive to this guys thread then go away, there are plenty of people providing feedback stop trolling for no reason fuck..

Deleted
    Somewhat good advice, just dont eat too much tuna.
    Juice isnt that good, but acceptable. Diet soda is fine. But drinking alot of water is key.
    And based on the items you listed you ate under 1 000 calories, which you should not do.
    I agree with everything you said.
    However I tend to push myself hard when I aim for something. + Depending on the breakfast you can get pretty damn close to 1k if not over calories.
    I am also not sure for the diet soda, BUT i don't drink soda anyway from 2 years now, so you might be right there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    I agree with everything you said.
    However I tend to push myself hard when I aim for something. + Depending on the breakfast you can get pretty damn close to 1k if not over calories.
    I am also not sure for the diet soda, BUT i don't drink soda anyway from 2 years now, so you might be right there
    Im just saying you can drink diet soda if you want to, but its good that you dont.
    Id recommend not eating under a 500 deficit unless your extremely overweight

If you want to drop body fat you should try ketosis for a couple of months (unhealthy to do it permanently). It requires quite a dietary shift as you're limited to less than 40grams of carbohydrates a day, so most of your calories come from protein and fat. This will cause you to feel lethargic for a few days as your body adjusts to using fat as it's primary energy resource but you'll feel great from then on.

Intermittent fasting
    is also worth a look.

Im just saying you can drink diet soda if you want to, but its good that you dont.
    And just to point at that if you were lean 82kg would be a perfectly healthy weight to be at your height.
    Last edited by fishface; 2013-01-11 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fishface View Post
    If you want to drop body fat you should try ketosis for a couple of months (unhealthy to do it permanently). It requires quite a dietary shift as you're limited to less than 40grams of carbohydrates a day, so most of your calories come from protein and fat. This will cause you to feel lethargic for a few days as your body adjusts to using fat as it's primary energy resource but you'll feel great from then on.

Intermittent fasting
    is also worth a look.

And just to point at that if you were lean 82kg would be a perfectly healthy weight to be at your height.
    I was talking generally, not about the TS.
    And im not 82kgs

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadnightWarrior View Post
    So today I realized it was time for me to lose some weight. I've become a little unhappy about my shape and seeing as I'm gonna be working as a sailor apprentice next year, I need to watch my weight.
    Here's some info:
    17 years old
    ~182cm tall
    ~82kg
    I eat fish dinners 3 times a week, vegetables almost every dinner, fruit every day, dairy every day, bread, meat and I only drink soda and eat chips in the weekends. I drink a lot of water every day at school and at home. My typical eating habits per day would be porridge (not sure if its the correct word) for breakfast (~07:00), 3 slices of bread for lunch (~10:30), dinner (fish/meat/chicken) with potatoes/rice/vegetables (~15:30) and 3 slices of bread for evening food (~20:00).
    I consider my eating habits okay, so my real question is how I should work out:
    My plan is to jog 30 minutes 3-4 times a week and do pushups and situps everyday. Is this a decent enough way to work out? I don't want the fastest or best way to lose weight, but I wanna see some decent results.
    Any help is deeply appreciated!
    Lose weight? Your weight is entirely proper.
    I'm 179cm's and 92 kilo's, that's too much. But 82 and 182 tall? That's just the weight you should have. Maybe the only thing that could be different is that more of that could be muscle rather than fat, in which case you'd just need to start exercising.

You seem to have good food habbits and you don't seem to eat much or any sugary things, which is good. For some people, simply getting rid of soda makes them lose weight. That's what I have done. Smaller portions of food and no sugary stuff, and I've lost 5 kilo's the last 6 months. Ofcourse, it could be more but I haven't exercised, I've just controlled my diet.

I'm not overweight I'd say it's more the little tummy fat I wanna get rid of and get in a little better shape. Thanks for the advice guys, didn't think I'd get this much input.
    Last edited by DeadnightWarrior; 2013-01-11 at 02:32 PM.

~Thanks to PaulDok for the awesome signature!~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadnightWarrior View Post
    I'm not overweight I'd say it's more the little tummy fat I wanna get rid of. Thanks for the advice guys, didn't think I'd get this much input.
    Then my advice to you is this:
    Bulk up, build some muscle and then think about losing fat.
    You wont lose that little bit becacuse you are more than likely skinny fat and you need muscle.

Just saying this, I wouldnt even drink diet soda if I were really on dieting. There has been studies of diet soda gaining a lot of weight due to artificial sweeteners and such. Not sure if true but I wouldnt still drink those if I were hellbent on losing weight