Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    It is? What would be normal?
    For 5'8"? Probably around 130-160 lbs, depending on your gender and build.... but its extremely variable so

Would 8 7" make a lot of difference to that?

Yes it would, and we both know its 9

No I'm totally over the 5 mark!

10+ Year Old Account
    Would 8 7" make a lot of difference to that?
    A huge difference, actually.. for 5'1" you could probably be close to 100 and still be healthy. Weight is ultimately a very poor indicator of health, though, unless its in an extreme range. One of the healthiest people I know for every other measurable value is still 252 lbs, for example.

I think you should see a doctor, you are dangerously underweight and that carries a lot of risks.

That makes sense, heard a lot about people who's bulkier but yet amazingly fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    BMI gets some trash talk around here, but it's a decent indicator for those people who have a typical sized frame and aren't weight lifters. Your BMI is 14.4.

A score under 15 indicates starvation and malnutrition.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Close to 90lbs counts as close to 100lbs right? Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just eat more. And chocolate. Also stop complaining about being thin you inconsiderate jerk
    Lol ya I'd kill just to be at my goal enlistment weight of 197. (20 ish pounds to go)

Like others have said just eat high carb foods. If you go to the gym a protein shake would help you put on some weight while building muscle from lifting as well I think. (anyone know if that's true or not? It's just what I've heard)

10+ Year Old Account
    Close to 90lbs counts as close to 100lbs right? Right?
    Well.... no, more in the "over 100" range in terms of what is decided as healthy.

Meat, meat and more meat no i am not joking but also eat fish and get yourself some protien powder and start pumping, that'll work, i went from being about 185 and 78 kilos to 86 kilos in about 4 months, then again i was in the army....

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by akro View Post
    Lol ya I'd kill just to be at my goal enlistment weight of 197. (20 ish pounds to go)

Like others have said just eat high carb foods. If you go to the gym a protein shake would help you put on some weight while building muscle from lifting as well I think. (anyone know if that's true or not? It's just what I've heard)
    yes you gain weight with protein powder, thats the hole intention, to fuel the body with enough proteins to increase the muscle size, thats why there aint many people who dont excersice and still has huge muscles, because the body does not have enough "legos" to build em.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Well.... no, more in the "over 100" range in terms of what is decided as healthy.
    ...I guess I should do something about my diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    That's like, a big difference in my opinion :P
    Umm, rounding? ^_^""

I'm at 45 kg to 156 cm (Been losing weight now due to my stupid sleeping routines and feeling nauseaus when staying up)
    Bah you're taller than me too! WTB midget, will pay in Tiili's!

Deleted
    Umm, rounding? ^_^""
    that be some pretty hefty rounding then!

!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    that be some pretty hefty rounding then!
    87 to 90 to 100, totally within rules!

10+ Year Old Account
    ...I guess I should do something about my diet.
    I'd ask you to remind me, but all I remember from last time I did is that I died some on the inside. Plus something about strawberries and whipped cream...

Umm, rounding? ^_^""
    Rounding makes 2+2=5!

Fairly certain we're at almost the same height o.o

You may just want to add 2-3 smaller meals to what you are already eating. Something like

Breakfast
    Snack
    Lunch
    Snack
    Dinner
    and maybe a Snack

Now your snacks can be protien bars/shakes, nuts, cheese/ peanunt butter or any other healthly snack. Also start taking some vitamins, like a good mulit which could help your appetite. Now you may not be able to eat as much at first but slowly build up to where you add your snacks with out feeling sick. Also try and keep some snacks on you or near you, say in your car, so you will not miss them and eat them at a regular time so your body will get use to getting fed at a certain time.

But it would really help to know what you are eating now and just make a few changes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I'd ask you to remind me, but all I remember from last time I did is that I died some on the inside. Plus something about strawberries and whipped cream...
    It's changed from last time (actually ran out of shortbreads and strawberries...)! Been having instant coffee for breakfast, juice for lunch, and instant coffee + peanut butter sandwich dinner. A wholesome three meals a day!

Fairly certain we're at almost the same height o.o
    /soulmate!

Deleted
    I'm at 1m78 and 57kg myself (5'10 and 125lbs if converters are to be trusted), and basically I'd say you need a couple of things:

- Build muscle mass. Even being naturally very thin, it's still the fastest way to gain weight. Also, exercising regularly makes you feel healthier and boosts your appetite, which seems to be a problem for you.
    Couple a healthy dose of exercise (not everyday, you need to let the muscles rest) with eating a decent amount of proteins from meat, fish, or even nuts like pistachios, that have a high amount of proteins and "good" fat in them. The plus side of pistachios is that you can eat them pretty much constantly through the day, without ever making you feel full.

- Learn to appreciate food. Eating is awesome, cooking is awesome (ok, doing the dishes sucks), and if you learn to treat your meals as something to enjoy, instead of something you just have to do to live, you'll naturally eat more, and you won't view eating as a chore anymore.
    I don't look like a guy who really enjoys food, seeing how I'm so thin, but I'd probably weigh like 10kg less if I didn't enjoy eating a lot.

PS: all this talk about no gravy with a steak. Isn't gravy just some kind of sauce? If so, have you guys never eaten a steak with pepper sauce, or shallot sauce, or even béarnaise sauce?

87 to 90 to 100, totally within rules!
    Why are you rounding up? Even I round down :/