Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Bit late to debate that now, isn't it? Wasn't Katrina 2005?
    Yep.

Next, we're gonna hear ZOMG WHY DIDNT BLIZZ MAEK A PET FOR 9/11?!

Or something equally absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    As most have said, there really wasn't even an online store at that point, let alone charity pets. Wow was still brand new then. The online store and all that came after Katrina.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which was only because they had just made the kitten anyway, so they decided to make a charity drive out of it.
    Doesn't matter Sandy still had one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

hippogryph for earthquake in japan
    cinder kitteh for sandy hurricane

no country bias detected.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    I find it really funny blizzard didn't make a pet for the Katrina storm. But yet they made one for that earthquake in Asia.
    Oh man, I bet it took all your strength to stop before you said they deserved it as payback for Pearl Harbor.

OT: There was no blizz store selling pets back then, but I'm sure there's other conspiracy theories that would make tons more sense.

Deleted
    I have a cold. Where's my charity, Blizzard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Can we also have one for the floods in Devon?

yes please, its wet here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yes please, its wet here
    British flood charity pet: a Fish in a Derby and monocle.

I would by that like, yesterday.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

the girl I used to like rejected me. gief charity pet, blizz! lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    I find it really funny blizzard didn't make a pet for the Katrina storm. But yet they made one for that earthquake in Asia.
    A lack of a blizzard store at the time of the Katrina hurricane kinda puts a spanner in the works there don't you think?

I am upset aswell... why wasn't I awarded with a nice mount of a transmoggable One Handed Crutch when I hurt my foot in Real Life....
    The entitlement generation has awakened.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    World of Warcraft Launch: November 23, 2004
    Hurricane Katrina Formed: August 23, 2005

Notice how, Blizzard, while still a successful company at the time, were nowhere near where they are today. Also notice that the Pet store or anything like it (Money for in-game items) was nowhere near "out" at the time of the Hurricane.

More importantly, note that Blizzard is a company, not a charity, and while it is very generous of them to do things like this, it is in no way their obligation.

Also keeping this time line in mind, the blizzard store wasn't even around until Wrath of the Lich King. Which was what, the end of 2008 when it was launched so I'm pretty sure the pet store didn't launch until 2009.

This is probably why blizzard was so reluctant to donate any money from the pets anyway because of people like you, the OP, who aren't satisfied with anything a company does try to do for the better good.

Considering that the Store didn't even exist at the time, and the rest of the thread is people ragging on the OP, I'm going to go ahead and close this, since I see no further benefit of leaving it open for discussion.