Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Random Nostalgic Memory

Having to go to a Moonwell just to craft Mooncloth....

Ahhhhh.....All while Song of Elune was playing in Ashenvale. It was love.

Your turn?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Having to go to a Moonwell just to craft Mooncloth....

Ahhhhh.....All while Song of Elune was playing in Ashenvale. It was love.

Your turn?
    Reading your post in another thread and then clicking on this thread and seeing your name...

Ahhh... All while I was at work. It was love.

OT: Durotar's music. Nothing will ever, ever replace that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using auto-unstuck as a second hearthstone.. ahh. First time I tried it I got myself stuck in a ruined house in WPL, but my hearthstone went to booty bay and at that time I didn't know exactly what auto-unstuck did. Good times.. ._.

Oh, the music as you enter Stormwind + Classic/TBC login screens music. I just want to cuddle up in my chair and think about all the fun things I did when I first began this adventure.. D:

Still have the classic loading screen pictures \o/
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Reading your post in another thread and then clicking on this thread and seeing your name...

Ahhh... All while I was at work. It was love.

OT: Durotar's music. Nothing will ever, ever replace that.
    I only play wow these days with the vanilla soundtrack and a few cata songs on itunes playing. So much better.
    Nightsong and Breath of Al'akir.
    Maybe it was the music that was hypnotic to us

Deleted
    having to train every single rank of a class spell... The horror!

Being a druid, teleporting to Moonglade to see a bear about some epic new forms, flying all the way back because 1 hour hearthstone cooldown was in swing, going through fellwood, seeing all the diseased bears and wolves with ?? as their level and thinking "Damn, I wonder if I'll ever be good enough to fight them..."

Oh god the feels.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Druid's quest to get bear form. Believe it or not that I spent time finding Lunarclaw for like 2 hrs and got killed by him like 4 times. lv 10 druid back then was just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came to wow from games like neverwinter nights. Where completing every quest in an area was advantageous. So when I started my first toon, a nelf hunter, I did EVERY quest in teldrasil before moving into Darnassus. So that meant I had a decent amount of exp by the time I hit the first city I'd seen. Was pretty awe inspiring to go from the dinky little tree villages to the big city. You go under the big arch outside the city, then the music starts and your thinkin EHRMAGERD THIS IS SO COOL. That moment was pretty amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

The first time somebody whispered me and asked, "Are you really Edward Larel? I loved your book!" I was elated, to say the least.

Also, going into MC at 62 with a pick up group and watching it last for 12 hours trying to finish up to Ragnaros before finally falling apart.

The music in nightelf land...good times, takes me back to the times when i levelled up my first/main char.

and of course having to find a trainer to learn the cool new spell you finally got after ding-ing

Waiting every Wednesday to get your honor/arena points.

Deleted
    making my first char coming to barrens and getting stuck to some grp quest with no clue how to kill the guy and i barely knew any english back then witch did not help the situation

Walking into Orgrimar for the first time. OMG THIS CITY IS HUGE!.

And the eerie WPL.

10+ Year Old Account
    This video feels me with deep nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    That is, if you could train the spell.

"Guys, check it out - the boss dropped a Handbook of Backstab IX!"

I still remember being super excited about getting that on my rogue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post

hahah, i remember when my friend got his shammy to 60 in vanilla, he had so many spells he still couldn't afford to buy, so many different totems and higher ranks of things he never bought.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    Walking into Orgrimar for the first time. OMG THIS CITY IS HUGE!.

And the eerie WPL.
    i found orgrimmar a lot easier, when i first started on my dwarf, a human warrior took me through ironforge, to Stormwind and left me there. it was like my 3rd day on the game, i didnt even know i had a hearthstone or a map and i got lost in stormwind for ages until someone was kind enough to help. i must have been running around in circles or something :P

Every part of working on/slaving over the paladin epic mount quest chain way back in the day, farming for each piece, getting that stupid Pristine Black Diamond... all for a sweet mount that was still cheaper than getting the training and the mount for everyone else...

Seeing Ivus and Lok'holar come alive in Alterac Valley, after sitting in the queue for hours, and playing way into the night... and seeing some warlock on their epic speed fire horse kite Ivus all the way down to Frostwolf, never to be seen again...

Playing a classic holy paladin dressed in the cloth Ghostweave and every other MP5 item in the game, giving me massive mana regen and being at the top of the healing charts...

Farming for days on end with my guildmates trying to get any of the mini-whelpling pets to drop. I killed at least 10,000 of them from every eligible color family (not azure since it wasn't in the game then), even got one of the epic random BoE world drop swords, never saw a pet. I ended up getting one for 30g on trade, which back then was actually quite a lot of money.
    Last edited by Forumchibi; 2013-01-11 at 06:15 PM.

Having to raid Scholomance just to level alchemy.

Deleted
    Walking into a human church, such as certain parts of SM or old hillsbrad foothills, and hearing the music. The holy choir music which plays in Northshire abbey, where my first ever character spawned

Swimming across the river from Elwynn forest at level 9 to the banks of Duskwood, only to have a wolf mob, whose level was "skull", melt my face. That, combined with the haunting music of Duskwood, made my skin crawl back in Sept of 2006.