Poll: Should we be able to view the photos?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What purpose would showing pictures of a corpse have at this point? All it would do is cause a ruckus in global media.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I have a morbid curiosity so I would like them to release them. ... I'm not going to buy into theories he isn't really dead or died years ago, but I really see no reason why they shouldn't just release them.
    Because it isn't the job of government to cater to morbid curiosity.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, some part of the world we all know and love how any people who onsider him a hero

no need to inflame more bull shit

PLEASE don't do this! Your only gonna FEED the conspiracy nuts. :/

(Blah blah. fake! War on American gov'ment! Blah blah Illuminati)

3 years to release a birth certificate, 2 years is a bit soon to be asking for a picture.

Deleted
    Releasing these photo's will only put more fuel on the fire. Whenever we went after an hpt we took a picture of the corpse (if dead) and took a dna sample (hair or swab from body). These were then reviewed by only a handful of governmenet officials and it was put away, where i don't know. Access to these files is extremely strickt, even the prime minister or queen herself couldn't access these without a very good legit reason. I see no reason for the US to be any different, why on earth would they release the photos ? What good will it do ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    3 years to release a birth certificate, 2 years is a bit soon to be asking for a picture.
    except it was totally fake
    need his college transcript too!

but in all honesty. there is no reason other than to feed conspiracy nuts who wont be happy unless they see him themselves... and then take dna samples.... and then make sure hes not a clone

why stir trouble in the middle east. where he is a hero to many people

There is a reason why they didn't release photos:

"See this bloody mess that looks kind of like a human head with a beard and some hair on it, with an eye popped out of socket? That's bin Laden."

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still not sure why people is so much into this guy. Is not like he was THE MAN after 911... if you really think that ONE guy made it all happen... he might be the head.. or not, but still, I'd question C.I.A first, they perfectly knew that something like that would happen... what the heck do you people think they exist for :/?

However, they should show the pics.. but those might not even exist.

All of the time we ask for things to be logical and rational. If we state something, whether large or small, we always require a source or evidence to support that claim. They claim he is dead. It is only logical that we demand proof. Suffice to say it may sound like a conspiracy, but the government is not above lying to the people (in any country). However, to say you hunted, found, and killed the, sometimes proclaimed, most wanted man in history, all the while saying you have pictures, and then refuse to back it up for such a wild claim... That is awfully fishy. It is not as if it was some serial killer who was killed (of which we'd probably have pictures of him), but one of the most notorious men in history. It was such a huge event, hunting Bin Laden, and this is how it turns out?

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I was totally creeped out by Khadaffi's video. Just gross what people will do even if that person is a tyrant.

They shot him in his face. So there would not be much to see except some gore, brain and blood soaked beard. I bet you would not recognise him. Military weapons do horrible gapping wounds.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't show Hitler's picture everywhere when his body was found. Who cares if you don't see it? The US is probably just trying to avoid more hatred aimed at them for somehow "defaming" a iconic person to some, or however people can spin it. He is dead, it happened, we don't need to rub it in people's faces, especially if some nutjob decides to blow up an embassy because of it.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsfunctional View Post
    Appeals court to consider release of photos of Bin Laden's body

What are your thoughts on the subject? I don't see why we shouldn't be able to see them.

added poll.
    "Yes-I want to see the sick son of a bitch.". He's dead. You wanting to see the photos is pretty sick too.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I am pretty sure that anyone who already thinks that Osama is still alive would still believe that he is alive even if they showed the pictures, I don't think that the photos would have any effect on whether people believe that he is alive or not.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 03:30 PM ----------

Okay... and why would the government listen to you?
    i am not demanding they give it to me....why are you being seemingly defensive about my interest in seeing the pictures?do you work for the government? why does it matter to you if i see them or not for that matter? i dont care if they were to release it privately or publicly i just am curious to see the pictures.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-01-11 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i am not demanding they give it to me....why are you being seemingly defensive about my interest in seeing the pictures?do you work for the government? why does it matter to you if i see them or not for that matter? i dont care if they were to release it privately or publicly i just am curious to see the pictures.
    I am not defensive about anything. I am only posting on this thread because it amuses (and disgusts) me that you people want to see the pictures. In fact, it doesn't matter to me if you see the pictures or not in all but one way which is the fact that my fucking news would be flooded with "OSAMA BIN LADEN PICTURES RELEASED" articles and the internet conspiracy theorists would give us some "proof" that it was a plot by the US government and Osama is actually living somewhere in Florida.

So, answer these two questions, why do you think that these photos should be released? what knowledge or significance would they have?

I wouldnt mind seeing the pics just out of morbid curiosity

but i wouldnt lose much sleep if i never did

Bottom line is Bin Laden is fish food and the quicker he is forgotten the better!

There isn't a good reason not to. Of course, by now it's too late to silence the conspiracy theorists, but that doesn't really matter--and it's the government's own fault, really. I mean, how fucking sketchy is it to say you killed the most wanted man in the world, refuse to provide any evidence, and immediately dump the body in the ocean? That whole situation could have been handled far better.

Deleted
    Don't really care, but if it really makes people feel better, yeah sure release the pictures

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't people believe he is dead, i don't get it.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3