Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even if it was free.
    Look! Words!

I would pay for it, hell how I would love this. The real AQ/Naxx 40 feeling can't be discribed by any fight you have now and PvP without PvP Might/Resilence was cool, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way in the seven hells would I want to play Vanilla these days. Even if it was free.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This comes up every month, and the answer is always "not enough to make it a valid idea."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The idea sounds fun, albeit I wouldn't pay extra for it.
    However, just thinking about the ginormous grind fest that is levelling/farming mats makes me sad.

I would have loved to raided and PVP'ed more back then, but I wouldn't wanna do it now :P The game has evolved so much since then.
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

no
    ten characters

Deleted
    Nopenope..

it's really boring to do all the contents you have done in past few years over and over again, i would say no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha ha ha ha ha. Ha.

No.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    but of course you can take this gear and use it to pvp with against horde/alliance?

15+ Year Old Account
    I rather go back in time and play Vanilla again without any other stuff than having them add a server dedicated for Vanilla.

Well no, seeing as I already did pay to play on a Vanilla server when it was actually current. Nothing that was around back then is worth paying for all over again, the game has improved dramatically despite what the naysayers spout.

10+ Year Old Account
    in terms of where the story in wow was then, yes, they have some great events such as the opening of AQ, the hakkar blood curse, doom lord kazzak storming cities, and just the overall feel of vanilla.

In terms of gameplay and design though, no, vanilla shaman's were so rigid and paladins were just.. gah.. horrible.
    #boycottchina

I'd rather do dailies every day than play on a wow classic server (even though I don't really like dailies).
    The game was way too simple back then compared to today.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    I'd rather do dailies every day than play on a wow classic server (even though I don't really like dailies).
    The game was way too simple back then compared to today.
    when you say too simple, what do you mean exactly? I'm really curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thing about vanilla servers makes me think of thundercats.

When I was a kid, the original thundercats cartoon was aired, and I was a huge fan of it back then. I grew up always remembering my fav childhood cartoons and for years looked to see if they ever released it on vhs, dvd or blueray.
    When they finally got to it, some 20 years after it first came out, now on dvd, after buying it and remembering how happy it made me watching it... I found myself just bemused by the series, it was so corny and the same lesson at the end of every episode.

the point is, how we remember something is very different to how we would feel about stepping back to it. In the moments we enjoy something, it might well feel so different as we grow ourselves.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    wouldnt pay for it, the game had its moments then. but it was so bad in so many ways.
    though at the time i didnt know better, so it was awesome. now not so much

No. People forget a lot of the negatives and remember it with rose-tinted glasses. Just accept it, things change and progress - there's no need to go back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    This topic again? No, I'm glad things have progressed to the point have they have because the improvements have made the game a lot better.

Er no? And Blizzard would be stupid to accomodate a specific version of a server only... Why? Because people would get bored of it quickly and stop, since there's nothing to look forward to once you're covered with 'BiS' gear then... what then ?

Swear to God, people don't even think things out AT ALL...