Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    What ilevel (and level) are you? The following assumes you are 90 and have access to talents.

Keep sacred shield up. Don't forget to use emancipate when he novas you - otherwise it's deadly when he follows up with Death and Decay. Make sure to kite him near Jaina - she does some decent damage to him. I prefer to blow all my CDs at the start, before he does his decay (or iceblock), but if you have trouble surviving, Execution Sentence is a good self heal tool. I have never gotten unlucky enough to keep getting iceblock -> DnD, so hopefully that isn't your issue. If it's nova, remember you can emancipate.
    The nova is no problem thanks to hand of freedom/emancipate, but the icebolt is a stun so I can't really avoid it (plus he does it almost constantly sometimes, where I get about a second of freedom before he goes ahead and does it again.) Right now the fight looks like it'll take most of the ten minutes (although I don't know how bad his enrage actually is), so inevitably I get iceblocked followed immediately by DnD at some point before the end.

But I'm only 87 right now, so I guess I'll finish leveling and try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    But I'm only 87 right now, so I guess I'll finish leveling and try again.
    Ah, I see. Likely your issue then is dragging the fight for too long. You're neither 85 (where you would likely be hit capped and dodged capped) or have 90's firepower. Kind of like a sophomore slump. 87 is about where some, if not most, classes feel really slow at normal questing.

Soloing icc

I know it has been done before so nothing new, but I'm looking for advice on which fights to goret and which for prot.

I'm currently done with plaque wing now heading to blood then frost.

It is on normal as I haven't killed 10m LK on this toon to unlock heroic.

I thought saurfang was going to be the hardest but he went down in 4min as prot w/45k dps. Using sot not even needing soi.

Any advice on the rest...I'm trying for meta achieves as I go as well.

I expect to go ret for blood queen wait till I get bit then pop all CDs and a potion and go to town.

Sindragosa kinda makes me wonder, how I am going to do it... Does battle healer work on sindragosa?

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:24 AM ----------

Not sindragosa,I mean valithria srry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    I know it has been done before so nothing new, but I'm looking for advice on which fights to goret and which for prot.

I'm currently done with plaque wing now heading to blood then frost.

It is on normal as I haven't killed 10m LK on this toon to unlock heroic.

I thought saurfang was going to be the hardest but he went down in 4min as prot w/45k dps. Using sot not even needing soi.

Any advice on the rest...I'm trying for meta achieves as I go as well.

I expect to go ret for blood queen wait till I get bit then pop all CDs and a potion and go to town.

Sindragosa kinda makes me wonder, how I am going to do it... Does battle healer work on sindragosa?

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:24 AM ----------

Not sindragosa,I mean valithria srry
    I solo'd Dreamwalker 10 man heroic as Ret. Battle Healer works, just respec into Eternal Flame and you're good to go.

Quick question - how difficult is BWL/razor and how long does a run normally take? Full clear and just first boss.

Naturally I just want the sword but a full judgment set wouldn't be a terrible thing to have either.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Quick question - how difficult is BWL/razor and how long does a run normally take? Full clear and just first boss.

Naturally I just want the sword but a full judgment set wouldn't be a terrible thing to have either.
    BWL is easy and takes 20 minutes.

Hmm I'll run down there this afternoon. Anything special with BWL? I've read a little about razor, is the rest just overpowering it?

Hmm I'll run down there this afternoon. Anything special with BWL? I've read a little about razor, is the rest just overpowering it?
    Go ret for Chromaggus, he reduces all magical damage other than he vulnerability by 90-99% (can't be Holy), and Prot is all holy damage other than CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Go ret for Chromaggus, he reduces all magical damage other than he vulnerability by 90-99% (can't be Holy), and Prot is all holy damage other than CS.
    The damage reduction isn't that bad, I think it's about 50-75%, but yes, ret is gonna be a lot faster than Prot.

Should the rest be as prot?

Deleted
    Should the rest be as prot?
    BWL is easily doable as retribution at 90. Only painful thing for me is the suppression aura as hand of freedom doesn't work there unfortunately, I usually bubble and use speed of light for a quick first half of that part.

Can anyone solo Thorim 10man? And if you can, what is your strat?
    In addition, can anyone solo yogg +4 25man? And if you can, what is your strat?
    Adding on to that, what other ulduar 25 bosses can you solo? Please mention if you're ret or prot (I'm doing them as ret).

Well I solod all of icc 10 except dreamwalker, had to get a healer to help. Solod everyone in uld 10m except thorim, general, and yogg. Did all of Togc 10 as well.

I want to try 25m and H10 but enrage timers seem to be hard with prot dps, even as haste build.

Quote Originally Posted by gure View Post
    Can anyone solo Thorim 10man? And if you can, what is your strat?
    In addition, can anyone solo yogg +4 25man? And if you can, what is your strat?
    Adding on to that, what other ulduar 25 bosses can you solo? Please mention if you're ret or prot (I'm doing them as ret).
    Me and a friend did most of ulduar 25. While we did duo most of them, a few i did solo or have soloed in the past are Fl, Razorscale and Kologarn. I think more are possible and will be much easier with better gear. These include Auriaya, Ignis, Deconstructor, Iron Council, Hodir and Freya. Thorim has been done by other classes I believe and if we can use the same things they do then we could do it as well(i haven't looked into it though). Mim would be a pain, and I dont think Vezax is doable either. Algalon isn't doable. I am not sure about Yogg though as I havent tried it with less than 10 people at 90. Someone with better gear than me could try it out and see how doable these are. My gear isn't to good as its almost all lfr gear and a few blues.

Edit- Ran it tonight, did FL+1(+2 is definitely possible, didnt try it), ignis and deconstructor. I tried out Auriaya but hit the enrage with 24% health. Someone with better gear should be able to do this. I have done all these as Ret.
    Last edited by ssjohn311; 2013-01-13 at 08:38 AM.

Is it possible to solo vexaz as ret in 10 man? How about duo?

Have done Flame Leviathan, Ignis, Razorscale, XT, Kologarn and Freya in 25 as ret, though this was before the nerf to Seal of Insight. Not sure which ones are still doable. This was in around 485 gear.

Another question: I tried doing the Hour of Twilight 5-man heroics last night, and couldn't get past the tentacle trash before Benedictus. Anyone done that, and got tips?

Anyone done the BH bosses on 10/25?

And since I'm done with wrath bosses besides halion, I want to move onto 10m cata raids.

Is it possible to solo vexaz as ret in 10 man? How about duo?
    i am able to dps him to 40% until going OOM in ~478 gear, so later it will be possible to nuke him fast enough.

duo vezaxx - without any problems, zerged him and with mage and with warlock.

also it ispossible to solo yog 10 and duo algalon 10.

yog 25 is a not possible in nearest future.. every second one player loses 7-10 sanity and gg - even staying in green beam you will go insane.
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldoran View Post
    yog 25 is a not possible in nearest future.. every second one player loses 7-10 sanity and gg - even staying in green beam you will go insane.
    Once you drop below 40 sanity, you can't be target of dark lazor beams shot by Sara.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Once you drop below 40 sanity, you can't be target of dark lazor beams shot by Sara.
    But you can be reduced to 30 sanity if you get a laser beam at 41 :/