I would like it to have as a buff given by all pets, but consider they would had need to give GoSac a way to give stamina aswell, they are prob going the lazy way and add it on Dark Intent not that Iam complaining

For AOE situations, the probability of generating extra embers is (1.08)^n per F&B Incinerate cast, where n= number of targets.
    No this is not true. Your probability is already > 1 which is non sensical.

If something as a 8% chance of happening then when repeated n times the probability to have it happen at least 1 is 1-(0.92)^n.
    Also in this case you'd have to multiply 0.08% by the probability of generating ember for each incinerate, let's say p (I don't know what it is since I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to destruction). So your probability of generating at least 1 is 1-(1-0.08*p)^n

If you want to know how many procs are expected it's n*0.08*p

Deleted
    Yeah and p = 1 + crit%.
    With 20% crit (that's what I currently have raid buffed) that's around 1 emberbit when FnBing 10 targets : doesn't change much in AoE situations.

Oh alright emberbit are always generated from incinerate (p=1) but the amount is doubled by crit so 1.20 emberbit on average for you ?

So for my previous post. The expected number due to the bonus would be n*0.08*1.2 and the prob of at least one proc of the tier bonus would be 1-0.92^n (how big this proc is has no influence for the probability to have at least 1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice, I'll reitterate: I think Blizz is very much still reading and considering things we write about on this forum. The stam/Blood pact "issue" has been talked over extensively here. I wasn't much interested in any changes there, but if we get them well, cool, more utility for us.

If they are going to do it I agree with Count Zero, having a buff called Blood Pact *is* kinda cool. Not sure if it's worth an extra buff button though. Putting the buff on the pets would make us HAVE to have a pet out, which is counter productive too, so it's either extra button for buffs or just baking it in to DI.

Why not bake the 10% stam into all the pets and as an effect of Grim of Sac. It isn't like you can have both a pet out and Grim of Sac on.

It's definitely easier to just roll it into DI though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    If they are going to do it I agree with Count Zero, having a buff called Blood Pact *is* kinda cool. Not sure if it's worth an extra buff button though. Putting the buff on the pets would make us HAVE to have a pet out, which is counter productive too, so it's either extra button for buffs or just baking it in to DI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Why not bake the 10% stam into all the pets and as an effect of Grim of Sac. It isn't like you can have both a pet out and Grim of Sac on.

Prettymuch my train of thought - while it's kinda cool to have some "flavor" via blood pact, is it really necessary? It's just one more button to have to deal with that's pretty hard to justify from a design point of view and requires boiling into sacrifice somehow.

I'd personally be fine if it remained an imp exclusive but was available by sacrificing the pet - I'm fine sacrificing whatever utility I'd gain via sacrificing a different pet if my group needs stamina, but baking it into DI makes the most sense from a design point of view and is the friendliest on the players side too - can argue it's removing a bit of flavor, but considering how rare it was to use an imp, I'd rather have a bland buff that's used than a flavor one that's never seen (My memory might be failing me, but the last time I remember using one clearly was back in SSC).

Who cares about stamina?! We need more sources of 5% spellhaste!!

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Who cares about stamina?! We need more sources of 5% spellhaste!!
    Owl,Shadow or Hunter isn't enough?

The issue with baking it into Dark Intent is that it would then become dispellable, in fact it would make us more prioritized for dispellers - enemy players get a two-for-one deal with their dispels. I don't think any buff should have more than one effect, it's more "convenient" for the player but it's also more convenient for enemy dispels.

It would also see the end of one of the oldest spells Warlocks have. I suppose that's only really a nostalgic "RP" reason but I believe that's still a good enough reason to keep it a seperate buff.

I'd rather they just move the passive Blood Pact aura from Imps to the Warlocks themselves. It's the perfect solution.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-01-12 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerwo View Post
    not really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'd rather they just move the passive Blood Pact aura from Imps to the Warlocks themselves. It's the perfect solution.
    That would actually be far better than anything else, how I've never thought of that baffles me.

Now to hope blizzard picks the idea up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    That would actually be far better than anything else, how I've never thought of that baffles me.

Now to hope blizzard picks the idea up.
    I actually mentioned it to Ghostcrawler via twitter, he couldn't seem to fathom it. He seems to think that most players want it merged into Dark Intent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I actually mentioned it to Ghostcrawler via twitter, he couldn't seem to fathom it. He seems to think that most players want it merged into Dark Intent.
    I'm not one to bash on GC, but it seems bloody obvious that people just want to actually be able to provide the stamina buff that he tells them they have, without gimping themselves. Baking it into DI seems like the obvious, first solution - but I'll be damned if the aura one isn't significantly better for all of the reasons you stated.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out it's not a case of wanting to make DI do two things, just wanting to be able to provide two things.

GC doesn't think in terms of pvp usually. Yes, it's way easier to bake into DI - but yes, that does further hurt us vs. purges (we're already perma denied DI and 10% sp by any decent team anyway).

Best solution? Blood Pact stays an aura that emanates from the lock i.e. Mind Quickening. If anyone needs to guarantee the extra stam, its the dmg sponges (often self imposed) that locks have become. Related - what I wouldn't give for DI to be an aura (even one that required some maintenance alla Battle Shout...).

I'd like to have blood pact as a Warlock aura or a castable buff and have imp get something else instead.

Hope they just move the aura from the imp and onto the warlock instead. Having DI dispelled is already painful enough.

Well we will always be able to use DI, maybe in some future patch GoSac won't be viable so tying it into DI is the best way. I believe having your imp out will still provide blood pact.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerwo View Post
    For 25m it very well could be, but for 10m it can be tricky getting hybrid DPS (only 3 specs in the game), especially in a guild with perhaps only 5 full-time DPS spots, which you'd well expect at least 1 to be melee, and 2 to be pure casters. Even if there is a hunter, he may be required to bring other buffs (though it's tough to say what's more important than spell haste).

And before you think that "oh, if you only have 2 casters, then the raid doesn't need spell haste" - but then remember that all healers (up to 3) also benefit from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I'd like to have blood pact as a Warlock aura or a castable buff and have imp get something else instead.
    I'd frankly be fine if the imp was just left without it, the dispell and it's niche as a ranged pet make it fit enough roles.