Deleted

Rapid Fire redesign

I really hate rapid fire as a cooldown, when i see things like ascendance and dark soul

my suggestions is that rapid fire doesnt increase you haste but increases you auto attack speed by 250%.

thats rapid fire in my eyes

10+ Year Old Account
    So instead of attacking faster you want to attack faster?

Or maybe you want a barrage-like effect every time you pop RF? That would be kinda cool, but we already have barrage.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Well since the nerfs on cobra/steady Rapid fire aint that big CD except for MM but no one use that spec these days

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well since the nerfs on cobra/steady Rapid fire aint that big CD except for MM but no one use that spec these days
    By "nerfs" you mean "balancing for low level pvp changes"? then you are wrong. It is a pretty big CD nontheless. In the pre patch when they changed the damage of the spells they doubled the damage on your weapon basically negating the change. I actually like it the way it is now, you can restore so much focus if you are low with RF.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    I play Marksmanship all the time when I'm not raiding, actually. Nothing too serious but I don't think specs that aren't being played in raids should be completely ignored.

Deleted
    What about..Rapid fire increases your auto-shot damage by 40% for the duration in addition to the haste. I wouldn't see this as overpowered, but way better than the shitty CD it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    What about..Rapid fire increases your auto-shot damage by 40% for the duration in addition to the haste. I wouldn't see this as overpowered, but way better than the shitty CD it currently is.
    I would like where it causes you to fire 2 Auto shots at once along with maybe a bit less haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I proposed a change during the beta something like this, with diffferent effects for each spec

MM: Steady Shot is Instant and no longer triggers a global cooldown, but a 1 second category cooldown for 20 seconds. Also reduces the focus cost of Multi Shot by 50%.

BM: Instantly generates 5 stacks of Frenzy for your pet, causes your Cobra Shots to spawn a serpent at the target doing X damage over 5-15 sec. Lasts 20 secs.

SV: Removes the cooldown on Explosive Shot, reduces the Focus cost by 75% for 20 secs. Also causes critical hits with Explosive Shot to increase the remaining duration of Black Arrow by 2 seconds when on cooldown, to a maximum of 10 seconds.

Now that I think about it, the second part of the SV would make a nice set bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I proposed a change during the beta something like this, with diffferent effects for each spec

MM: Steady Shot is Instant and no longer triggers a global cooldown, but a 1 second category cooldown for 20 seconds. Also reduces the focus cost of Multi Shot by 50%.

BM: Instantly generates 5 stacks of Frenzy for your pet, causes your Cobra Shots to spawn a serpent at the target doing X damage over 5-15 sec. Lasts 20 secs.

SV: Removes the cooldown on Explosive Shot, reduces the Focus cost by 75% for 20 secs. Also causes critical hits with Explosive Shot to increase the remaining duration of Black Arrow by 2 seconds when on cooldown, to a maximum of 10 seconds.

Now that I think about it, the second part of the SV would make a nice set bonus.
    Bringing Rhumba back in some form. I like. But I think the BM part should not only give your pet Frenzy stacks but also give you a full Focus Fire without consuming those Frenzy stacks.
    And the Marks one should also make Aimed Shot instant. (with maybe a 3 second cooldown)
    Or does your idea still also keep the 40% haste effect? ^strike that part out if it does lol.

Overall I like the idea though. Rapid Fire is probably one of the most bland cooldowns as it doesn't really do much for any spec other than marks. It could use a change to make it interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

While we're at it, I'd like monkeys to fly out of my butt to attack the boss for 20 seconds, randomly, for no reason, for a DPS boost.

You realize that if even one of your ideas was implemented, our already-paltry shots would hit for even less? It would make us totally dependent on damage in short burst windows of RF.

Deleted
    I'm pretty content with how RF is at the moment. I allows us windows of burst on command and when you know you won't need it, you can still align them with trinket procs and amoc to boost numbers.

Trinkets proc and you're only half focus? Don't worry, spam shots all you want and go back to full focus with RF.
    Elegon sends charges to pillars and you want to keep killing a lot of them while time to shot CSs decreases with each? Don't worry, go RF and you'll manage 2 extra charges.
    Want your stampede and amoc to do some extra dps? Use that RF!

RF is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    I'm pretty content with how RF is at the moment. I allows us windows of burst on command and when you know you won't need it, you can still align them with trinket procs and amoc to boost numbers.

Trinkets proc and you're only half focus? Don't worry, spam shots all you want and go back to full focus with RF.
    Elegon sends charges to pillars and you want to keep killing a lot of them while time to shot CSs decreases with each? Don't worry, go RF and you'll manage 2 extra charges.
    Want your stampede and amoc to do some extra dps? Use that RF!

RF is awesome.
    RF is the shittiest CD in game, no other class has a straight up haste increase(Frost Mages have a glyph to change Icy Veins). It could have much more interesting mechanics since "Rapid Fire" could mean that we shoot Auto shots at a way faster rate, or we shoot multiple at once etc. Not just a plain haste increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rapid Fire means that we shoot fast. Rapid Fire grants us haste which makes us shoot fast.

Rapid Fire is fine.

I run MM for pvp and pve and even with only raid finder gear i still pull around 75k dps so no changin rapid fire plz