Poll: Do you spend that much on clothes?

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nope. Most of the time, you don't really get what you pay for. A shirt is a shirt, be it $5 or $150. My sister pays $100+ for Ed Hardy shirts, I don't understand it. You could get a knockoff for $20 if you care that much. No one will know the difference unless you tell them.

atm like 10 of my jeans cost over 200€ per, but for t-shirts etc I tend to stay way below 100€ lol, mostly 30-40€ per I assume. My most expensive piece of clothin is my APAN CHECK from napapijri, it cost me probably closer to 700€.

I mean I don't spend much on clothes. When I see people that do I can't help but think... how foolish lol. Jeans for over $200? I don't spend above $50.

15+ Year Old Account
    My winter jacket was like 150Eur or so, other than that never really bought anything above 100Eur.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    atm like 10 of my jeans cost over 200€ per, but for t-shirts etc I tend to stay way below 100€ lol, mostly 30-40€ per I assume. My most expensive piece of clothin is my APAN CHECK from napapijri, it cost me probably closer to 700€.
    700? I'm seeing that jacket for 250-400 most places.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 12:01 PM ----------

Another reason I don't like spending so much on clothes, you can always get it cheaper...

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    People pay that much?
    A lot of people buy what they are told to buy, and spend what they are told to spend, and then we live in a debt filled society.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I mean I don't spend much on clothes. When I see people that do I can't help but think... how foolish lol. Jeans for over $200? I don't spend above $50.
    with clothes you (usually) get what you pay for in my experience.

Does shoes count? I usually buy expensive shoes but they last me the next 2 or 3 years.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't, but I will be soon.

Buying my first new, tailor fit, suit.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    On shoes I will spend close to or over $100, but I only get a new pair of shoes like maybe every 1 1/2 - 2 years. Jeans/Shorts/Shirts/Hoodies/etc. Hell no. Plus even if I wanted to I couldn't because all of the hipster brands that cost that much don't serve fatties such as me
    Call me House.

Deleted
    bought a pair of Dolce & Gabbana Jeans for just under £150. However it was during a time when I was younger and would get silly amounts of money as bonus's from work. So would think nothing of dropping a lot of money on designer gear.
    Now though would not spend more than £20 on a pair of jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here spends that much on a single pair of clothes. Not counting shoes or jewelry things like shirts or jeans or the equivalent.
    No unless its some major buying, good boots were 150, a nice leather jacket was 100, but that was the most i used on clothing i believe.
    No reason to go for that much unless its something truly special, and im not short on cash, just find it pointless when there are so good items for 30ish

Hell no. If I spend over $25 on one piece, it's a lot for me. I like going to places like Gabrielle Brothers and discount boutiques in the mall.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

I hate clothes. I've never bought myself ANY clothes. Not to say I'm some nudist or anything, just that I hate clothes shopping. I get my clothes solely from birthdays and Christmas. The only clothing I've gotten worth $100+ was shoes and a couple of leather coats. No shirts or pants cost that much.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Does shoes count? I usually buy expensive shoes but they last me the next 2 or 3 years.
    No shoes don't count for this poll since I personally think shoes over $100 are usually good quality that will last you a while.

Deleted
    This is my most expensive piece of clothing if that counts:
    http://www.emp.de/gothic-coat--mantel/art_124337/
    Aside from that, Jeans and Sweatshirts cost around 40€ on average, T-Shirts half of that.

Deleted
    Yes, Hard to avoid with winterjackets and shoes

Winter jackets and things like it yes same goes for shoes and boots, For indoor clothing like shirts and jeans no, most I've spent was probably $50-$60 per item.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    Oh sure, I like nice clothes. You can't even get decent shoes for less $100, let alone actually good looking ones. And I'm not even gonna mention how much my winter coat costs to someone who thinks that a hudred bucks for a piece of clothing is too much .

But it's a matter of preference, unless the other person is dirt poor I am sure they spend a lot of money on something I'd consider a waste. The thing with clothes is that they pretty much show how much you value your presentation. And while that might not matter in some fields, elsewhere it does... Or rather it does in almost all professional settings but you don't realise it.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2013-01-12 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    700? I'm seeing that jacket for 250-400 most places.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 12:01 PM ----------

Another reason I don't like spending so much on clothes, you can always get it cheaper...
    http://www.napapijri.com/no/down-jac...1303010ph.html

Are you sure you're looking at the right jacket? if it's 200-400 for it elsewhere it's probably another type or a copy.