Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I haven't really seen that many bots
    What i usually see, and lots of, is AFK'ers
    However, most of my losses come from people not understading the basic principles of the bgs, they fight alone in the roads, they fight for the flag while holding no bases, they leave bases unattended. a bunch of them are vocal too "we are losing anyway, might as well do it quick"
    Try premade, a 5man premade can make a HUGE difference, specially if you guys are in vent or skype
    Not even gonna say how much fun it is to farm HKs with a 9man premade with oqueue you can easily go 100HK -0HK if your team wants to farm honor instead of winning in under 7 mins

10+ Year Old Account
    random bgs is the only way for me to solo gain honour/ conquest gear -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    I haven't really seen that many bots
    What i usually see, and lots of, is AFK'ers
    However, most of my losses come from people not understading the basic principles of the bgs, they fight alone in the roads, they fight for the flag while holding no bases, they leave bases unattended. a bunch of them are vocal too "we are losing anyway, might as well do it quick"
    I suspect many of those do understand the principles, they just aren't caring: "AFKing in spirit".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I don't know if anyone was in a similar bg, but bots are some powerful shit. Was on the alliance side of sota and most of the horde would come off the boat and huddle up together going after who ever tags them. They did some real damage I tell you. 2 of the bots were on top of the leader board like 0 or 1 deaths and our side was full of retards I tried healing them but it was useless. The non bots of the horde were taking demo's right past our dps. I can only snare so much myself.

3 of the bots were together running around killing our team. I couldn't believe what I was seeing we were being owned by bots. Eventually they broke through and into round 2. Wow. The defence these bots can do. They look stupid all standing in one spot but our dps was even dumber to engage them. Our demo drivers were shooting at them getting their attention on purpose. In front of yellow gate was a huge clump of horde waiting there. I wrote in chat do not attack them its only bots there. Yet they do. But we managed to push through and win with a few seconds to spare.

Bots vs a bunch of idiots that can't pick up on anything. It was unreal. I thought for sure we lost. An experience not likely to be forgotten.

Deleted
    how to spot a bot in a bg..... they are quick enough to interrupt a 0.444 sec cast, no ones that quick with lag etc....

Some times it's obvious to work out who's a bot but i'm sure half the people are just seeing bad or stupid players and automatically assuming they are all bots.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a lot of BGs on EU Servers, and after the first few weeks as Alliance and especially at 90 I've noticed a lot less than when the Expansion was first starting. As in, a 10 vs 10 at 89 or 90 at night would probably result in about 4 players and 16 bots, sometimes less players. Recently for me it hasn't been that bad as Alliance, had one or two as Horde which have been terrible, but better than early MoP. Never ever seen it as bad as it was MoP start, Cataclysm was pretty limited and Wrath was never bad.
    Unfortunately as Alliance I found that we get grouped against Stormscale EU Horde often, which often means pain. You do see a reasonable amount of Horde bots from there as well at times, probably due to Horde PVPers heading there.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    how to spot a bot in a bg..... they are quick enough to interrupt a 0.444 sec cast, no ones that quick with lag etc....
    There is an addon that does a similar thing, auto interrupting for you. They can even kick instant casts if you're unlucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Some times it's obvious to work out who's a bot but i'm sure half the people are just seeing bad or stupid players and automatically assuming they are all bots.
    Most of the time it's obvious. I'm not talking about bad players, I'm talking about those people who stand with 35 man in front of the Horde base in IoC till some unlucky Alliance gets to close and aggros them. Those people who keep running between two bases for the entire match or all huddle up on mines for the entire Gilneas BG all on the exact same spot and only ever react if an Alliance get's close.

Real bots are rather obvious and get more obvious as more player are on the battleground seeing how they all perform the exact same actions over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdrumpslap View Post
    they have become such a joke, just entered one and I shit you not, I was the only real player out of 10 on my team and allys only had 2 real players.. so 20 players.. 17 bots,,

I stealthed to LH and just took it and laughed at all the ally bots coming, taking it. and moving off over and over, blizz needs to sort this asap,

http://i46.tinypic.com/672xas.jpg
    I've only seen that happen early mornings

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    When the entire group is together all the time and follow someone around, then you know

Deleted
    Since TRYING to gear up my shaman that I've rerolled too, it so far has been the most painful BG gearing process I've ever had, getting killed in a stun while using cooldowns, unable to deal any damage on well geared players, having less HPS by spamming healing surge than a warrior with second wind...it's just painful.

I can't blame botters at all because PvP is just dreadful (ha quite fitting) unless you have full malevolent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    They still get the money though even if they ban them.. and they ultimately make more money if the banned users ever decide to buy another entire package of WoW and re-sub again, so this isn't a valid argument.
    Indeed, and if you banned them often enough it would quickly become uneconomical for that reason. So you are left with either they cant or they wont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    PEOPLE BOT BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE BEEN BLOWN UP
    This is why.

Due to the massive gear difference between fully upgraded Malevolent and brand new 90, players that can't stay stealthed and leech Honor and Conquest (like I did on my Rogue) just get absolutely ruined by better geared players.

So, instead, they bot between midnight and 9am when no-one's supposed to be playing, and mods are asleep, so they can gear up and enjoy their character instead of being ROFLstomped.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    This is why.

Due to the massive gear difference between fully upgraded Malevolent and brand new 90, players that can't stay stealthed and leech Honor and Conquest (like I did on my Rogue) just get absolutely ruined by better geared players.

So, instead, they bot between midnight and 9am when no-one's supposed to be playing, and mods are asleep, so they can gear up and enjoy their character instead of being ROFLstomped.
    PvPers should demand the removal of heroic raids from the game. The wide spread of gear in PvE is driving a similar wide spread in PvP, which breaks PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    This is why.

I initially thought that the introduction of the new PvP gear (with power and resil, etc) would make the game better...I could not have been more wrong. I don't want heroic gear beating out the latest conquest gear but it's such a COLOSSAL difference between new gear and full malevolent and even very highly geared PvE players decimated.