Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Why do you make this distinction? Bliz allowing addons and macros is a good way to show that they themselves didn't develop all that much either. Lots of people still can't raid without DBM or similar addons, add tell me when, power auras and the rlly lovely fest of noob that was around in wotlk (something with lots of letters that drew circles on the ground where you couldn't stand). Or other raidframes and so on and so forth.

Implementing a tool so players can make the game more fun/playable isn't good development either. Since you're basically saying yea guys we know shit's not working right but here you can fix it yourselves...
    Right. Blizz has failed in some ways as I indicated before. I donot use any addons and mods to enjoy WoW. Never have and been playing the game for over 8 yrs. I have healed normal raids without the need to use decursive or a healing bot addon. I know these can make the job easier, but a player does not "HAVE" to use them. If they do feel the pressure to use them to succeed, then that supports what I said. Blizz has improved it's LFG tools a ton sence it was first introduced and they continue to do so. ArenaNet should develope one for GW2 which works as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Right. Blizz has failed in some ways as I indicated before. I donot use any addons and mods to enjoy WoW. Never have and been playing the game for over 8 yrs. I have healed normal raids without the need to use decursive or a healing bot addon. I know these can make the job easier, but a player does not "HAVE" to use them. If they do feel the pressure to use them to succeed, then that supports what I said. Blizz has improved it's LFG tools a ton sence it was first introduced and they continue to do so. ArenaNet should develope one for GW2 which works as well.
    I agree we need a (server-only) LFG system for sure and I will just say on the topic of WoW and healing, you are really only punishing yourself if you don't use at least different frames, defaults are horrible.

I think people that are against a queue system / LFG system is that they want GW2 to be some kind of special snowflake so we aren't allowed to have those things that make life easier because mean old WoW has them grrr!

It's not like you can't go in with your friends or guild mates and ignore the LFG tool completely... HOWEVER, making the tool global wide like WoW does would be a huge mistake IMO. It needs to stay server based.

Oh no don't get me wrong I much prefer an lfg system to normal /y lfg spam. however I don't like wow's lfg tool either. I like being able to somewhat filter who I play with and tbh people in full pvp gear aren't on that list (wow anyways, I have other restrictions in gw2)

I thought GW1's message board system would be perfect, just make it global. I'm still at a loss on why it wasn't put in.

Idd, that was the best system so far. It's basically gw2lfg.com but ingame

Lucky brought up the LFG-tool but he didn't get it as a whole. Everybody who put's his name in there is on this list, so you actually see everybody who is looking for a group in that zone. The only problem I see: it's only for the zone. It would be so much better, if it was worldwide, with the option to state the dungeon.

Not sure if we need this anyway, there are no tanks, no healers, you really can take everyone with you. Found a groupf for Sorrows Furnace yesterday simply by using map-chat on that map. It lasted 8min. It was 2 a.m.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    If your players have to resort to using a website to find groups regularly and in a timely fashion then you've fucking failed as a developer.
    See back in the day (And I mean this totally non-hipster) we used to love sites like those. MMOs were completely fueled by their internet forum community. On MMO champ, for example, there's a handful of names that are easily recognizeable but you may never do anything with them in game. In FFXI back in 2003, however, you hung out with your server on the forums when you weren't in game. Strong connections were formed. There were black lists and well as white lists. No ninja'ing as you'd have been totally exiled by your server.

I truly miss that connection and any webpage that's willing to reach out and bring a community together like that has my immediate OK.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

After fractals, LFG is a very obvious next step.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope so. Even tho we lack the "oh so holy trinity", I still wish there to be an "add 5 people together who has been searching for this perticullar dungeon longest queue". I myself only run Arah, and that's it, and currently it's a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Lucky brought up the LFG-tool but he didn't get it as a whole. Everybody who put's his name in there is on this list, so you actually see everybody who is looking for a group in that zone. The only problem I see: it's only for the zone. It would be so much better, if it was worldwide, with the option to state the dungeon.

Not sure if we need this anyway, there are no tanks, no healers, you really can take everyone with you. Found a groupf for Sorrows Furnace yesterday simply by using map-chat on that map. It lasted 8min. It was 2 a.m.
    Don't need it no. But it would make things a hell of a lot easier, and I considering how this game works, I don't really see a downside to having it.

i would welcome server-only, no cross-server LFG