Are there any financial benefits to solo'ing old raids?

I solo'd AQ 20 yesterday and managed to get a glorious breastplate which sells for about 4k gold on some servers (No sell yet) besides that, I don't see any financial benefits now that the gold drops were nerfed. I heard there were pets that dropped though, are those worth much ?

Accidentally made this thread in the druid forums.. if you're a mod, delete that please

Random BoE drops can really rake in a lot of cash. I picked up Blade of Wizardry from BT a few weeks ago, and come 5.2 it'll be sold for a LOT of money.

The pets can sell for a bit, if you learn them and then put them in a cage.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    The pets can sell for a bit, if you learn them and then put them in a cage.
    I haven't dabbled around with pokemon yet. I don't even know how to level them.

Deleted
    As said, some of the BoE drops can be quite valuable, even though they have nerfed the amount of gold that actually drops from bosses.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    To level them, you have to battle other pets. You should try taking on wild animals (the ones with a green paw above them), and when you defeat them your pets get experience. It is very much like Pokémon, and since I like Pokémon, I think it's fun. Just don't try to battle those with higher level than yours. Suicide.

AQ still drops the really valuable twink glove enchants. 15 agi and also 16 spellpower to gloves with no required level.

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    Simply running an old raid, getting the pet, learning and it, and putting it into a cage requires no Pet Battle stuff. Maybe you need to do the very first intro questline or something but I've barely done any pet battling either and I've sold a number of pets.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, but it's less annoying to just solo old heroics. Unless you're really lucky to get those random BoE epics. I just rank in cash by easy cloth drops and enchanting mats, I used to get tons of money doing AQ-20 and Kara, but since the gold nerfs, those just fill your bags up with annoying items.

The GPH isn't great, you can make much much more by playing the AH.

You can solo ICC now, and if you have the legendary quest, eventually you will get the rewards, including the Tabard, which can be sold for 150k pretty much no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    no you will still be paying 15 a month

10+ Year Old Account
    I found a glorius breastplate running AQ also, I regret selling it now. I only got 3k for it. Pets on my server are typically put in the AH for 2500-9000, depending on the pet. I don't think the pets sell for more than 4k though to be honest. The drop rate isn't bad, I was shocked I got 3k for one of the BWL pets.