Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can't get into RBGs/Arena with no experience. But Can't get any experience :( HELP!

Hi I am a Windwalker Monk, here is my armoury for reference:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...b%C3%AD/simple

Next week I will be able to buy my T1 weapons. I have no past experience of pvp (not played pvp long this season or previous seasons) and I can't get into RBG groups or find anyone to do arena other than 2v2 for cap. As my previous experience of RBGs or arena is almost non existent (I have done rbgs on my resto druid for a night and got 1350 rating quite easily tbh) I find it hard to find any groups willing to invite me, even just for the extra RBG cap. I have also tried to find people willing to start 3v3 with me but this hasn't gained any more momentum than my RBG grouping attempts. From my armoury you see I am Horde stormscale as I heard the PVP is very plentiful there.

My question is what can I do to change my position stated. How can I start getting into RBG groups or find someone willing to start 3v3 or even 5v5 with me. I am well aware I am too build my way up the ladders and gain more experience but I cannot get started.

Any advice on these forums?

PS what are best pvp professions? I have engineering but what other?

Thank you for any help you can give me?

You gotta make friends on your server. Playing with friends allows you to get your practice in and not be flamed too hard for mistakes then end up with your team disbanding. One of the better 3's comp for windwalker is monk/lock/shaman. Gl to you.

for starters get the god awful alt code out of your name

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    why is every post from you some kind of ridiculous elitist or asshole comment? Can you stop inflating your post count with completely fucking useless posts that are meant to do nothing but insult/upset someone?

@OP - Best way is like Barnabas said, just start playing with friends and get a bit of experience, or try finding a group LFM for low rated RBGs, their usually pretty lenient on experience requirements.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2013-01-13 at 02:45 PM.

Yeah, play with friends to get up to a decent rating, then more people will take you. And I agree, get the Alt code out of your name. You may not like it, but I personally don't do arenas with people that have them.

Deleted
    Same problem, WW Monk - tip top gear almost, played 7 months at 90 with WW Monk on beta, 1800 exp, cant get into any teams, only 1650 ish.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kuhnai/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    Same problem, WW Monk - tip top gear almost, played 7 months at 90 with WW Monk on beta, 1800 exp, cant get into any teams, only 1650 ish.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kuhnai/simple
    Please redo the red gems in your chest and legs... Get the 80 agility and 160 resil..

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing is start keybinding if you haven't already. Bind EVERYTHING, get used to modifiers (alt, shift, ctrl) and make a lot of macros. Don't click. Literally the biggest mistake you'll ever make. Also get into the habit of strafing instead of using S to walk backwards. Never do that in pvp. Don't ever keyboard turn, only mouse turn. Turn on the option for activating an ability on keypress down instead of release. It's somewhere in your WoW settings. Set your camera so it doesn't auto adjust when you run. That way you can look behind you and still run and get off abilities. If you cast anything and you know there's something that can interrupt you, always try and "juke" or fake cast it. You can do this by starting the cast and then moving to stop it, pressing escape to stop it or you could have /stopcast in a macro. You want to do this so your enemy wastes his interrupt. I also recommend getting an addon like Juked or InterruptBar to track enemy interrupt cooldowns so you know when you can cast and when to fake.

Watch pvp livestreams if you want to see how the top players play. You can get a lot of info from just watching them pvp. Once you have all your keybinds and macros set up and you spend some time getting used to them, you can start looking for people who are around your skill level but don't rage when they lose. You both have to want to learn and get used to everything and adapt. Do some BG's for practice and to get used to your binds. I recommend WSG, Twin Peaks, AB, and Gilneas for good practice. Also using focus macros is important for arena/pvp for quick interrupts and cc while you're targeting someone else. Arena target macros are also good for fast switching. Learning the other class abilities is key in doing well in PvP. You'll want to know what each class can do, what cc they have, what cooldowns to watch out for, etc. This will usually come as you gain more experience and also if you level alts.

It might sound like a lot to take in but it really isn't. Just take it one step at a time. It just takes practice.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately the "play with friends" bit doesn't apply since everyone I know is a raider and has absolutely no interest in PVP. Every time I try to get involved with PVPers I get shot down due to lack of PVP experience. I've tried looking in game, on the official forums, and through things like OpenRaid. Feels like I'm missing out on half the game. I'd really like to do RBGs someday -- I just don't see it ever happening.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmbhoy View Post
    Hi I am a Windwalker Monk, here is my armoury for reference:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...b%C3%AD/simple

Next week I will be able to buy my T1 weapons. I have no past experience of pvp (not played pvp long this season or previous seasons) and I can't get into RBG groups or find anyone to do arena other than 2v2 for cap. As my previous experience of RBGs or arena is almost non existent (I have done rbgs on my resto druid for a night and got 1350 rating quite easily tbh) I find it hard to find any groups willing to invite me, even just for the extra RBG cap. I have also tried to find people willing to start 3v3 with me but this hasn't gained any more momentum than my RBG grouping attempts. From my armoury you see I am Horde stormscale as I heard the PVP is very plentiful there.

My question is what can I do to change my position stated. How can I start getting into RBG groups or find someone willing to start 3v3 or even 5v5 with me. I am well aware I am too build my way up the ladders and gain more experience but I cannot get started.

Any advice on these forums?

PS what are best pvp professions? I have engineering but what other?

Thank you for any help you can give me?
    Hello...sorry cant access ur armory as it is blocked on my work PC...but get to do duels to get some experience if u r looking for it, gear up and ull get whispers just by standing outside orgrimmar (duel area).

You are on stromscale...me and my friends thinking of transferring there to start an RBG guild group just for fun...

PM your Btag or w/e if you want just in case we transferred there.

anyways best of luck m8 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately the "play with friends" bit doesn't apply since everyone I know is a raider and has absolutely no interest in PVP. Every time I try to get involved with PVPers I get shot down due to lack of PVP experience. I've tried looking in game, on the official forums, and through things like OpenRaid. Feels like I'm missing out on half the game. I'd really like to do RBGs someday -- I just don't see it ever happening.
    Move to another realm then, you ARE missing out. PvE is the brainless, lack of skill and boring part of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    First thing is start keybinding if you haven't already. Bind EVERYTHING, get used to modifiers (alt, shift, ctrl) and make a lot of macros. Don't click. Literally the biggest mistake you'll ever make. Also get into the habit of strafing instead of using S to walk backwards. Never do that in pvp. Don't ever keyboard turn, only mouse turn. Turn on the option for activating an ability on keypress down instead of release. It's somewhere in your WoW settings. Set your camera so it doesn't auto adjust when you run. That way you can look behind you and still run and get off abilities. If you cast anything and you know there's something that can interrupt you, always try and "juke" or fake cast it. You can do this by starting the cast and then moving to stop it, pressing escape to stop it or you could have /stopcast in a macro. You want to do this so your enemy wastes his interrupt. I also recommend getting an addon like Juked or InterruptBar to track enemy interrupt cooldowns so you know when you can cast and when to fake.

Watch pvp livestreams if you want to see how the top players play. You can get a lot of info from just watching them pvp. Once you have all your keybinds and macros set up and you spend some time getting used to them, you can start looking for people who are around your skill level but don't rage when they lose. You both have to want to learn and get used to everything and adapt. Do some BG's for practice and to get used to your binds. I recommend WSG, Twin Peaks, AB, and Gilneas for good practice. Also using focus macros is important for arena/pvp for quick interrupts and cc while you're targeting someone else. Arena target macros are also good for fast switching. Learning the other class abilities is key in doing well in PvP. You'll want to know what each class can do, what cc they have, what cooldowns to watch out for, etc. This will usually come as you gain more experience and also if you level alts.

It might sound like a lot to take in but it really isn't. Just take it one step at a time. It just takes practice.
    He isn't asking how to play, he saying he has the problem of having no experience in RBG's, therefor no one will take him to RBG's, doesn't matter if hes at playing, people don't give two fucks if you can't link achievements.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    why is every post from you some kind of ridiculous elitist or asshole comment? Can you stop inflating your post count with completely fucking useless posts that are meant to do nothing but insult/upset someone? Get a fucking life.

@OP - Best way is like Barnabas said, just start playing with friends and get a bit of experience, or try finding a group LFM for low rated RBGs, their usually pretty lenient on experience requirements.
    Good guy Pixul fighting off the evil forum-goers.

Just pug in trade chat looking for more low mmr rbgs. Don't forget that RBGs can be done cross realm via realid so go to a server such as Outland(A) or Stormscale(H) on EU and spam trade there on a level 1 looking for rbgs.

I might be able to get you some experience in 2v2 (1550 to 1750, I usually do boosts to 1750 for 20k or so, but can make an exception to do it for free) but it will probably be hard to get you into an RBG, 3v3 or 5v5 simply because of the fact that you don't have good enough gear (no T1 upgraded weapons and most people expect full malevolent right now) and that you are a Windwalker monk, which aren't doing that great right now. I'll send you an pm ingame when I see you online Zibi.

Best professions are Blacksmithing (640 PvP Power or Resi) and Engineering/Flatout +320 main stat (depending on talents, class etc). Jewelcrafting followed by tailoring are the worst currently.
    Last edited by Shisui-kun; 2013-01-13 at 10:01 AM.

use teamfind website...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post

yeah i dont get why people feel the need to include those in their name, i don't think its too much of a stretch to assume most wow players dont know how to make any of those alt characters = how do they invite you when someone says "invite my friend zibi" /invite zibi but look no funny character so you dont get an invite. and noone can armory you.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 02:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Please redo the red gems in your chest and legs... Get the 80 agility and 160 resil..
    needs to redo most of his gems, its all +320 resil... and a poop meta. you probably hit like a wet noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    I might be able to get you some experience in 2v2 (1550 to 1750, I usually do boosts to 1750 for 20k or so, but can make an exception to do it for free) but it will probably be hard to get you into an RBG, 3v3 or 5v5 simply because of the fact that you don't have good enough gear (no T1 upgraded weapons and most people expect full malevolent right now) and that you are a Windwalker monk, which aren't doing that great right now. I'll send you an pm ingame when I see you online Zibi.

Best professions are Blacksmithing (640 PvP Power or Resi) and Engineering/Flatout +320 main stat (depending on talents, class etc). Jewelcrafting followed by tailoring are the worst currently.
    Lol 20k for 1750? That's a hell of a rip off.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

1) get t1 wep by doing caps with some randoms , its painful but req if you wona play some more pvp atm

2) WoW is social game, wona play 2v2/3v3/5v5/RBG ?get some friends in game or fins PvP guild witch jsut started not long agoe and is looking for new player , is you looking for PvP on trade chat in 95% nothing good come from it , most of people you will fins will req good know what gear and instant 2,2k+ or jsur for cap

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    use teamfind website...
    Yep. Tried that too. No dice.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to hear of your situation, breaking into pvp without friends is hard.
    Getting capped in 2s should not be a problem?! Well as you have found it can be, people in pvp are often very elitest. They look at your gear and from that think they know just how good you are. You find somone tuesday evening in trade asking for a partner just to cap, you /w them and then it can be: "are you good?" "what's your exp?" I mean come on, if the one asking the question in trade is so good and exp why is he asking for a random partner in trade. I often find these are pvE heroes wanting to cap and want to feel secure in having an over geared pvper to help them. Sometimes the random person will group with you then after first loss, leave. It's just crazy.

I am decent, i often do 1v2 and I prefer it. When i do need to cap and i get those questions I just say "don't worry about me, you want help getting capped or not?" Then when we get in to the arena they are checking out my gear, I care so little about thier gear that I do not even look at it. I just play.
    When you find somone you cap with successfully, friend them and arrange to cap next week. Watch trade at start and end of week for those who need help to cap. Even if you do not need to (already capped) you will get more exp' as a player and make more friends (hopefully).

Serious arena as in going for high 3s ratings is much more difficult to do since if you do not have previous achi's for it and top notch gear already people will not give you a chance. So best bet again is to make a team with friends with similar exp and expectations. Getting into RBGs even just the onces to cap is hard as you're a dps on the monk. Healers getting much faster. Professions are not going to get you into a team or not so do what you want just like your name will not stop you from getting into teams, so do not change it unless you want to.

I wish you luck.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.