Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My Paladin feels Squishy.

So I just started playing my Paladin again after I stopped about 1 month into MoP and he just feels so much more squishy in heroics/LFR's than I remember.

Did something happen to them over the last couple months that dropped their survivability a bit? I also seem to be struggling with Threat, whereas i can kind of notice where that comes from since people are more geared now, but going from never having a problem and being constantly far ahead of all threat to now having to fight some DPS for threat just feels Odd.

Edit: Prot Paladin.. as people seem to think Holy and Ret actually try to fight for Threat.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2013-01-13 at 09:17 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping good uptime on sacred shield and SotR makes you take a lot less damage. More haste means faster CDs, which means more SotRs and less damage taken.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    So I just started playing my Paladin again after I stopped about 1 month into MoP and he just feels so much more squishy in heroics/LFR's than I remember.

Did something happen to them over the last couple months that dropped their survivability a bit? I also seem to be struggling with Threat, whereas i can kind of notice where that comes from since people are more geared now, but going from never having a problem and being constantly far ahead of all threat to now having to fight some DPS for threat just feels Odd.
    In PVP, their offheals got messed up with pvp power changes, but blizzard is looking into fixing that by making shadow priest suffer while other offheal classes benefit like 25% pvp power to healing instead of 0.

ummmm..... Seal of insight no longer AOE heals anymore like off of HoR where all targets hit healed. It is now capped at one but 30% stronger and battle healer remains unchanged.

Vengence now caps at tanks max health or is that in 5.2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    Vengence now caps at tanks max health or is that in 5.2?
    It was a hotfix, so its in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Keeping good uptime on sacred shield and SotR makes you take a lot less damage. More haste means faster CDs, which means more SotRs and less damage taken.
    yeah I know this much, I have 100% uptime with my SS and my SotR is being used just as much. It just feels like a much larger intake of damage than what I had on release.

Maybe it is that AoE insight nerf. Would probably be the only thing missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I know this much, I have 100% uptime with my SS and my SotR is being used just as much. It just feels like a much larger intake of damage than what I had on release.

Maybe it is that AoE insight nerf. Would probably be the only thing missing.
    Only other thing I would think would be mastery being somewhat low so your SotR and block aren't as good.

It's probably just a gear issue, I noticed that a lot when I go from playing on my 503 preist to tanking on my 460 warrior that I feel a significant amount more squishy than I should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Er as Ret and Holy? You're right, in PVE I feel like I take the biggest hits sometimes. Physical hits I can take, but there's alot of magic damage in the current encounters and it sometimes feels like it burns us up like tissue paper. If you have sacred shield as a ret talent, keep it rolling when you've got a spare moment like when you have to run etc.

That's the only thing I can do to even it out. In Holy I just keep my glyph to heal myself, keep an eternal flame going and just hope no one fucks anything in the encounter up.

My Prot paladin feels perfectly stable... given I use the right skills at the right time. So don't know if you're just lower geared and feeling the burn from that or I haven't noticed that it carries over.

As with most cases. Gear will fix it.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2013-01-13 at 06:16 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Thehealbus View Post
    It's probably just a gear issue, I noticed that a lot when I go from playing on my 503 preist to tanking on my 460 warrior that I feel a significant amount more squishy than I should.
    Well it's not a gear issue, if you read what I said. I had him geared the first month, so with the EXACT same gear. He is more squishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Er as Ret and Holy? You're right, in PVE I feel like I take the biggest hits sometimes. Physical hits I can take, but there's alot of magic damage in the current encounters and it sometimes feels like it burns us up like tissue paper. If you have sacred shield as a ret talent, keep it rolling when you've got a spare moment like when you have to run etc.

That's the only thing I can do to even it out. In Holy I just keep my glyph to heal myself, keep an eternal flame going and just hope no one fucks anything in the encounter up.

My Prot paladin feels perfectly stable... given I use the right skills at the right time. So don't know if you're just lower geared and feeling the burn from that or I haven't noticed that it carries over.

As with most cases. Gear will fix it.

And it is as Prot.. since when do Holy and Ret need threat?

Also as i said to the other guy, Why would "gear fix it" If i'm in the exact same gear I was when I wasn't squishy but now am?

Logic.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    -OP asks a question.
    -Get's responses
    -Talks shit in return

Makes sense.

Good luck on future responses OP.

Be Safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscer View Post
    -OP asks a question.
    -Get's responses
    -Talks shit in return

Makes sense.

Good luck on future responses OP.

Be Safe.
    How was I talking shit? both responses were pointless.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously... OP calm it down a bit.

You're asking for help and shitting on everyone who replies to you. He specifically addressed Prot, and said he isn't having any problems.

Gear may, in fact, be your issue. You may be imagining you had less issues before when in reality you were having the same issues. I'm not sure how you're "testing" this... but my guess is in heroics. If that's the case, your first run was when MoP was first out. Good players were doing heroics. Mains were doing heroics.

Now, no one does heroics except for alts of alts of alts and the bads still trying to gear up. This means your heals are going to suck more, and your group is going to suck more. Not all groups, but larger majorities.

I PvP mainly, but I PvE'd as prot early xpac to get my ret weapon. Went pretty well. I went again this past week for my kite achievement (exalted Panda faction) as hpal and found dps/tanking was god awful it made me want to /wrists. I left group the INSTANT I hit exalted it was so painful.

But really, calm it down and people may be willing to discuss the issue and find a resolution a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Harakhte View Post
    Seriously... OP calm it down a bit.

You're asking for help and shitting on everyone who replies to you. He specifically addressed Prot, and said he isn't having any problems.

Gear may, in fact, be your issue. You may be imagining you had less issues before when in reality you were having the same issues. I'm not sure how you're "testing" this... but my guess is in heroics. If that's the case, your first run was when MoP was first out. Good players were doing heroics. Mains were doing heroics.

Now, no one does heroics except for alts of alts of alts and the bads still trying to gear up. This means your heals are going to suck more, and your group is going to suck more. Not all groups, but larger majorities.

I PvP mainly, but I PvE'd as prot early xpac to get my ret weapon. Went pretty well. I went again this past week for my kite achievement (exalted Panda faction) as hpal and found dps/tanking was god awful it made me want to /wrists. I left group the INSTANT I hit exalted it was so painful.

But really, calm it down and people may be willing to discuss the issue and find a resolution a bit more.
    Same gear, Same heroics, Different results. I could do nearly all heroics without the need of a Healer within a month of MoP's release. Used to have my Mate Join group as healer on his Ele Shaman and just offheal every once and a while.

Now Without a healer I seem to be getting crushed, and my Hp drops rapidly for no reason at all.

As I keep saying with NOTHING else being different, my pally is a lot more squishy than it was. The only person with a logical explanation so far was the guy that pointed out the AoE nerf to Insight. Even taking that into consideration I still wonder if there is something else that was hotfixed or changed lately.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same gear, Same heroics, Different results. I could do nearly all heroics without the need of a Healer within a month of MoP's release. Used to have my Mate Join group as healer on his Ele Shaman and just offheal every once and a while.

Now Without a healer I seem to be getting crushed, and my Hp drops rapidly for no reason at all.

As I keep saying with NOTHING else being different, my pally is a lot more squishy than it was. The only person with a logical explanation so far was the guy that pointed out the AoE nerf to Insight. Even taking that into consideration I still wonder if there is something else that was hotfixed or changed lately.
    I'm not sure why I'm bothering to reply to you since you insist on being snarky to everyone, and I suspect this thread will completely die off due to it.

However, you want to disregard everyone's comments: feel free. However, don't claim no one mentions ideas when you can't read a post you quoted in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Harakhte View Post
    I'm not sure why I'm bothering to reply to you since you insist on being snarky to everyone, and I suspect this thread will completely die off due to it.

However, you want to disregard everyone's comments: feel free. However, don't claim no one mentions ideas when you can't read a post you quoted in its entirety.
    How was that even Snarky.. all I did was pointed out yet again that it isn't a Gear Issue, and told you HOW it wasn't a gear issue. Hence why I gave a reason as to it NOT being a gear issue.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I did not say it was a gear issue, not in the sense you're assuming. Re-read. Even your reply links in with what I believe you see is happening.

Also, it's snarky by offhandedly pushing aside everyone's comments. I don't pay attention to pve nerfs and especially to prot pallies, but it seems the consensus of most posters here is that there really isn't a nerf that accounts for what you're seeing. Therefore, look beyond your presumed issue and find out what the real issue is.

Since you seem incapable of re-reading my post and seeing my intent: DPS, sir, is your issue. The groups you are running with now are not of the same caliber as they were at the beginning of the xpac, regardless of gear.

Deleted

the answer is simply my friend.
    you forgot how to properly play your paladin but your ego refuses to accept the reality and looks for another reason.
    the problem is you, not the class.

As a tank my Paladin is fine, and Holy I have not tried yet. Ret Paladin however feels slow, clunky and rather susceptible to death; worrying stuff when you consider that Ghostcrawler has said Paladins are "about exactly where he wants them to be right now". The main issue are their self-heals; the cost is either huge (be it mana/Holy Power Cost) or else they are bound to ramp up effects (Selfless Healer), cumbersome cooldowns (Light's Hammer) or else dispellability (Execution Sentence, sadly).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    As a tank my Paladin is fine, and Holy I have not tried yet. Ret Paladin however feels slow, clunky and rather susceptible to death; worrying stuff when you consider that Ghostcrawler has said Paladins are "about exactly where he wants them to be right now". The main issue are their self-heals; the cost is either huge (be it mana/Holy Power Cost) or else they are bound to ramp up effects (Selfless Healer), cumbersome cooldowns (Light's Hammer) or else dispellability (Execution Sentence, sadly).
    Holy prism. ES is garbage in PvP. I see someone using it, you've become my new focus target to GY camp.

Deleted
    No real changes worth note have happened.
    You probably suck after not playing for so long and the groups joining heroics now just alts/bads.