Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bonus Rolls for Dungeons

Blizzard please implement bonus rolls for dungeons and heroic dungeons, if you can do it for LFR then i don't see why you cant do it for dungeons.

I been trying to gear up my mookin so he can have high enough item level to queue for LFR but just recently i queue up heroic Stomstout Brewery and finally the staff called Wort Stirring Rod.

So I rolled need and Lost to a Resto Shaman, i am like what the heck, healers don't need hit rating and he equips it straight away, now because of the shaman he has set me back maybe half a dozen to a dozen dungeons if not more.

I have had this happen to me once in a while but this one broke the camel's back.

I don't care if that staff was better then his staff or needed it for offspec, I que in as DPS i should be getting the first shot on DPS gear not healers not tanks and just like the other way around Healers should be getting the first shot at healing gear and tanks getting the first shot at tank gear.

DPS, healers and tanks should get their own bonus roll for their own gear that drops for their spec

Bonus roll for DPS gear, if you queue dps, Bonus roll for healing gear if you queue as a healer and Bonus roll for tank gear if you que as tank

its not fair to queue in for your role and have someone else playing in a different role beat your roll that you needed on.

If a player needs a piece of gear for their offspec then they should get it unless the other player rolls need as well for the main spec based on what role they queue in or queue in the right role for your offspec if you need offspec gear.

I don't know why Blizzard hasn't done anything about this real problem because this happens to alot of people, maybe blizzard doesn't care or being lazy about it?

This should of been sorted out in patch 4.3 when blizzard introduce bonus rolls.

I don't care what excuse Blizzard has for not putting in bonus rolls in dungeons, its slowing my progression and Blizzard its contributing to that.

otherwise lets have everyone roll need on everything that drops

They don't make it easy enough to get loot and in some cases damn near give it to ppl. We should have chances to get more even faster! I hope that there aren't ppl that would use the 3 coins you can max out on a week on the chance for some blues. Even if it was a 100% chance to get the item you wanted in a dungeon it would be a horrible idea.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you need to rage at that shaman and get him banned for ruining your gaming experience and affecting your skills

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They don't make it easy enough to get loot and in some cases damn near give it to ppl. We should have chances to get more even faster! I hope that there aren't ppl that would use the 3 coins you can max out on a week on the chance for some blues. Even if it was a 100% chance to get the item you wanted in a dungeon it would be a horrible idea.
    I think he means roll bonuses like in the Dragon Soul LFR where dps would get 100 added to their roll if it was a dps item. I think that kind of system would work fairly well.

I don't know what it is about the MoP heroics but I can't stand them, right from the start I found them horrible. My 2nd 90 was lucky enough to skip through them entirely.

opp i not understand you

10+ Year Old Account
    Shamans shouldn't even have the opportunity to use a staff, they use shields for healing and two hands usually for the other specs from what I have seen to be best at dps

Quote Originally Posted by Paraloser View Post
    Shamans shouldn't even have the opportunity to use a staff, they use shields for healing and two hands usually for the other specs from what I have seen to be best at dps
    wat??? thats like saying ret pallies cant use axes ONLY SWORDS!!!

of course MH/OH combo is the best but when an item has higher stats then you need it because its an upgrade
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paraloser View Post
    If you are worring about gear from dungeons you are light years away from whats best for your class.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crispyfresh View Post
    I think he means roll bonuses like in the Dragon Soul LFR where dps would get 100 added to their roll if it was a dps item. I think that kind of system would work fairly well.

I don't know what it is about the MoP heroics but I can't stand them, right from the start I found them horrible. My 2nd 90 was lucky enough to skip through them entirely.
    That roll system had many flaws and since they didnt fix them they tossed it out. They don't seem to care much about dungeon gear the lower you go in lvls the less and less they care. I am pretty sure everything pre MoP lets everybody in the group roll on all items. Mages rolling on plate gear whatever.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Lesser charm of good fortune = Bonus Rolls in Dungeons
    Bigger charm of good fortune = Bonus Rolls in Raids

Voilà

Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post

Voilà
    Make it cost 5-10 lesser charms though. It'll give people more of a reason to do dailys, make people want to get into heroics more, and make gearing overall a fairly easy time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That roll system had many flaws and since they didnt fix them they tossed it out. They don't seem to care much about dungeon gear the lower you go in lvls the less and less they care. I am pretty sure everything pre MoP lets everybody in the group roll on all items. Mages rolling on plate gear whatever.
    No, BC dungeons and later all prohibit wrong-class items, at least as far as needing goes.

But I do like the idea of using lesser charms on heroic dungeon drops.

Deleted
    I still wonder why "loot+" never made it to dungeons like they said it would this expansion.

There needs to be two options for LFD.

1. Full group joining. Loot as it is now.
    2. Random group formed, loot as it is in LFR.

Do the same thing for LFR tbh.

That way guilds can gear up new members as they did before and random groups don't have to suffer from constant loot drama.

Deleted
    Gearing shouldn't be instant anyway, took me 12 runs of gate before i got my weapon on last alt, was happy as fuck when it dropped on my druid.

Also even if you dont see it, 500 SP and 200 int is enough reason to upgrade it for him too.

While he might replace it sooner or later for a spirit one is not realy relevant
    Last edited by mmoc0c9d2d4515; 2013-01-15 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    Make it cost 5-10 lesser charms though. It'll give people more of a reason to do dailys, make people want to get into heroics more, and make gearing overall a fairly easy time.
    I would support that idea if it were no less than 15. That is half the value of a greater charm (3 for 90, 30 per).

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

While I fail to see why blue gear schould be worth a coin i don´t see while this could hurt the game, so do it.

Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post

Voilà
    I like this idea.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    Only if they implemented a new coin that requires less charms to get. Otherwise it's such a waste of a coin you could be using in LFR.

waste of a coin for lfr imo

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 05:32 PM ----------

I 2nd the idea of
    1. Full group joining. Loot as it is now.
    2. Random group formed, loot as it is in LFR.

The DS LFR loot system was a poor system for 25 people since an item could drop and it could be an upgrade for 2 roles with 10+ people competing for that item. For just a 5 man though the population issues wouldn't be as extreme.

That Lesser Charms for Dungeon loot rolls idea is kind of neat and seems less punishing than the old DS system.