Quote Originally Posted by Naiker View Post
    Wow thank you for the quick reply!
    When you say that kogmaw should be protected, you mostly mean by the support right?
    And the only thing that bugs me off in draven is that most of his playstyle relys on catching those damm axes..
    if catching axes bugs you, you won't like draven too much. it's a core mechanic to doing his maximum damage. kogmaw needs protection from his entire team. peels from support work well, but you need lots and lots of baby sitting due to having no escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow thank you for the quick reply!
    When you say that kogmaw should be protected, you mostly mean by the support right?
    And the only thing that bugs me off in draven is that most of his playstyle relys on catching those damm axes..
    In the laning phase by his support, in team fights by his team. He has no escapes and he is incredibly fragile. If you are playing blind pick, then you don't really have to worry about targeted picks against you like Leona and Xin Zhao or something, but you still will probably need peels to keep you from dying. Most players know that if there is a kog'maw on the other team, it needs to die first. It can be very frustrating to play him if no one is peeling for you.

Just practice catching axes on Draven. It's a mess in team fights, but in lane it's simple. You can run a bit out of the way to catch an axe because catching one refreshes your W, which gives you a movespeed boost, so you can get back into position.

Mostly I play ranked and 5v5 ranked, so
    I prefer the one that has the lowest counterpicks.
    In the other hand I usually play passively and focus on farm, so usually I'm more aggresive after I reach lvl 6.

And as you said in team fights it can be a mess and risky aswell to catch the axes.
    That's why I think kog'maw has more nuking potential than draven (atleast in teamfights).

Oh and for some reason I never see draven picked on tournaments, any clue why is that? :O
    Last edited by Naiker; 2013-01-12 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't look closely? Aphromoo played quite a bit of Draven and I've seen him outside of that as well. He is more of a liability in such games as his escapes are very limited though.

And if you look purely at counterpicks, Draven does not really have any.

So picking draven will be a better choice in your opinion?
    It seems he has more escape tools than kog..

Deleted
    Get MF first, easier to play, still have potential to stomp lanes and very easy to use in teamfights. If you are having troubles using MF, then Draven is not for you anyway.

I have MF, and I don't see her having something in common with draven, so I don't get your point =P

Deleted
    I have MF, and I don't see her having something in common with draven, so I don't get your point =P
    MF and Draven are alike in the sense that they are so called "Lane bullies" which harrass you and prevent you from taking cs.

Lmao in that case you can call almost every adc that plays aggresive "a lane bully".
    But ye I get your point.

Deleted
    Lmao in that case you can call almost every adc that plays aggresive "a lane bully".
    But ye I get your point.
    Well it depends. Lane bullies like draven and MF will always out-trade you in damage early on, so you don't want to get in range of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got MF specifically to deal with all the Dravens I kept running into.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 11:02 AM ----------

But ye I get your point.
    Not really. And behaving like this just makes you look silly. Draven can literally 2-3 shot pretty much any other AD carry and most definitely the squishy supports as early as level 2. If he gets a Blitzcrank or Taric, you are in for a world of hurt.

Deleted
    know its wot champ should i buy next but as i have some rp to use, was curious. Is the 7 Page Rune Bundle in the Store just 7 rune pages or does it come with runes aswell? just hit lv20 so starting to have to buy them now >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Just empty rune pages. Still very much worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadith View Post
    know its wot champ should i buy next but as i have some rp to use, was curious. Is the 7 Page Rune Bundle in the Store just 7 rune pages or does it come with runes aswell? just hit lv20 so starting to have to buy them now >.<
    It's only the pages. You need to buy the runes apart with IP.

Also, I don't think you should buy rune pages, yet. You're fairly new and it's always possible that you get tired of the game or might dislike it in the near future. I'd say hold off until you are level 30 and have all the runes you need, then go and buy the pages.

That's just me though.

And like Duilliath said, it's worth it.

Deleted
    im very much invested now haha already spent about £50, plus i played the original DotA on W3 online for a very long time, only just relised wot this was 3 weeks ago when i quit WoW after 7 years :P very addicted atm, but i may aswell wait until i've atleast finished my first 2 pages before i invest in some more. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cadith View Post
    im very much invested now haha already spent about £50, plus i played the original DotA on W3 online for a very long time, only just relised wot this was 3 weeks ago when i quit WoW after 7 years :P very addicted atm, but i may aswell wait until i've atleast finished my first 2 pages before i invest in some more. Thanks
    I think when you first start playing you end up getting impatient and spending a chunk of RL money building up some champs (at least I did), but as you go on you don't really spend much, because you have the stuff you want and enough IP trickling in to afford champions sometimes

Deleted
    ye i spent nearly all that 50 on seperate champs until i bought the 3800 champ bundle with mainly the 3150 champs in, from the hours of fun with GP and Karthus it was well worth it for me :P

Deleted
    Karthus is a must for any mid laner he is so strong and can carry almost every late game team fight in your favour!

Hey guys, I really want to try out Caitlyn but I already have Ashe.

Should I still purchase her or is she basically the same?

Quote Originally Posted by lynnsanegirl View Post
    Hey guys, I really want to try out Caitlyn but I already have Ashe.

Should I still purchase her or is she basically the same?
    Cait is way different then Ashe.

Cait has the longest auto attack range, a ward of sorts and an escape. Shes built around AA, so build IE and PD or statick shiv.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?