Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think he might be a pretty good counter to Blitzcrank though. Every time someone gets grabbed, you just throw the lantern in there and save them.

On the other hand, he doesn't seem to have anything to "keep people away".

Deleted
    Except for his mass pull that can be used as mass push, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I think he might be a pretty good counter to Blitzcrank though. Every time someone gets grabbed, you just throw the lantern in there and save them.

He can keep away with his E(?), since it can knockback both towards and away from him. His Q is also reminiscent of a snare in a way, kinda like Ahri's Charm - the drag seems a bit slower than normal movement speed and you can move while the target is dragged towards you.

That lantern teleport is also awesome for diving and stealing buffs. Jump in, do your deed and disappear like smoke before anyone reacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post

I think his knockback pushes people farther away than it pulls then. Little weird, but it makes sense considering he already has a pull and it's just good enough at max range to stick them in your ult.

Yeah, I thought of it, but when I was using it, I just found it meh.

Though I don't get to test things properly on the PBE since anyone not in the US have a hefty amount of ping while playing there.

Im going to say ap mid on this one, their are alot of supports that take the mid position, such as Lux, Morgana, Karma, etc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Im going to say ap mid on this one, their are alot of supports that take the mid position, such as Lux, Morgana, Karma, etc...
    I wish you luck building AP on a champion with 0.4 ratios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lux and Morg are primarily AP mids though, they just have enough utility to fit into the support role. Karma is just weird and needs a rework.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Lux and Morg are primarily AP mids though, they just have enough utility to fit into the support role. Karma is just weird and needs a rework.
    What I mean by support mid is when you have a tanky support bot, then build a support in the mid like Karma. Lux, Morgana etc... Thats when I think he would shine. .4 ap ratios are a little low though, but he does have a good aoe ability (sweep), and lots of control abilities. As a pure support I dont see it, because he would loose the bennifet of being 'fed' which seems to play a large part in a successful Thresh.
    Last edited by Seani; 2013-01-14 at 03:02 AM.

Deleted
    What I mean by support mid is when you have a tanky support bot, then build a support in the mid like Karma. Lux, Morgana etc... Thats when I think he would shine.
    I have no idea what are you talking about here. Building support items on an AP carry in the mid? Building AP carry items on an AP carry that could also support due to utility inherent in their abilities?

As a pure support I dont see it, because he would loose the bennifet of being 'fed' which seems to play a large part in a successful Thresh.
    Why would snowballing affect Thresh's strength at all? He can have 0 cs, go 0/0/0 and still be very tanky from the souls. His abilities also are designed with nothing but support in mind - low ratios, insane utility unaffected by any stats other than CDR.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I mean by support mid is when you have a tanky support bot, then build a support in the mid like Karma. Lux, Morgana etc... Thats when I think he would shine. .4 ap ratios are a little low though, but he does have a good aoe ability (sweep), and lots of control abilities. As a pure support I dont see it, because he would loose the bennifet of being 'fed' which seems to play a large part in a successful Thresh.
    Thresh shines through his insane control. You don't need damage when you can keep a person locked up for the ADC to kill. He really gets all the extra AP he needs through his soul mechanic. Also, many new support items have AP on them, so he doesn't have to go out of his way to buy damage.

It's a better, tankier Blitz with more CC. exactly what this game needed....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madwabbit View Post
    It's a better, tankier Blitz with more CC. exactly what this game needed....
    Do research before posting misinformed, hasty and stupid opinions. His grab is barely similar to Blitz's at all, the reasons for that I already have explained earlier.

The skin that will be release with him, Deep Terror Thresh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post

The skin that will be release with him, Deep Terror Thresh.
    Not half bad, especially the recall. Too bad I dislike nautical themes, so ain't gonna buy it for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine a full Deep Sea team?

Cho'gath top, Nautilus jungle, Kog'maw ADC, Fizz* mid, Thresh bot? That'd be fun.

*Or Kassadin or Gragas

Deleted
    Weird I was just searching for gauss canon in bottom right corner to shoot it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    WHAT. The amount of CC this guy posseses is beyond stupid, what the living fuck.

I can just imagine it...

"OH FUCK YEAH IM HAMMERING THAT KOG'MAW U GUYS" -> Irelia
    *Thresh pulls Irelia to himself*
    "Oh dang it! Okay, fine, I'll Q back to Kog, I got him now!" -> Irelia
    *Thresh Sweeps Irelia away from Kog*
    "Fucksake!11!!1 Okay, cool, Imma Flash for this guy!" -> Irelia
    *Thresh places Lantern, Kog clicks and get's dashed to Tresh*
    "ARGFGGFFGFGHGGHGHGHGHGHGHGgfdsgsgsds /slashwrists"

He does look pretty cool though. I'll have to see the ranges on his pulls/sweeps/dashes (rofl) before I judge anything though.
    I think its gonna be awesome if you just build him a little tanky... most of the baddies are going to go straight ap... and hes gonna get destroyed.

Like a blitz but better (except his missile is slower) so it may be more difficult than yall are thinking.

Pull in with [Q]. Run like a lil bitch. Pull in again with [E] drop [W] and let your adc port back to you if necessary.

Did I forget something? Oh! [R] I actually think his first 3 abilities are going to be enough to secure a kill under most circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I have no idea what are you talking about here. Building support items on an AP carry in the mid? Building AP carry items on an AP carry that could also support due to utility inherent in their abilities?

Why would snowballing affect Thresh's strength at all? He can have 0 cs, go 0/0/0 and still be very tanky from the souls. His abilities also are designed with nothing but support in mind - low ratios, insane utility unaffected by any stats other than CDR.
    nope never said you would give a mid support items. you would build pure ap but he would have a support role in group fights, similar to a morgana, a lux, etc..

Deleted
    nope never said you would give a mid support items. you would build pure ap but he would have a support role in group fights, similar to a morgana, a lux, etc..
    I'll ask this question again, of yet another person: why in the world would you build AP on him? His ratios on Q, W and E are, respectively, 0.5, 0.4 and 0.5, the base damage is not high either. Only his ultimate has a strong ratio. The strength of his spells does not come from the mediocre damage, it comes from how much disruption and control they provide in a fight, exactly what is needed of a support. He does not need to snowball or get fed, he does not need any farm - just build standard support items and some health and you've got an extremely durable disruptor able to protect his carry all day long... Except vs an Olaf.