Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunba View Post
    I guess you have to press stampede sometimes.
    After the rotation-simplification-party that blizzard had in 5.0 there's not much left for people who used to like playing specs like old spriest/affi locks and wotlk enh/catdruids.

Tis a shame.

Deleted
    Ele Shaman HANDS DOWN
    Mage also!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    After the rotation-simplification-party that blizzard had in 5.0 there's not much left for people who used to like playing specs like old spriest/affi locks and wotlk enh/catdruids.

Tis a shame.
    I'm a veteran BC-WoTLK Cat druid. RIP to our brothers with a knack for micromanagement. =(
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    When it (for ME, not generalizing the classes/specs) comes to highest DPS from the lowest effort it has been Frost DK both cata and mop for me.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    Arcane mage (MoP) 1111*22(if Arcane missle procs)**3 repeat
    stop using arcane barrage. start using scroch.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    im gonna go with sv hunter. took me around 20 mins to master the rotation since i used to play one back in cata.. the mop rotation doesnt differ much. just a few more buttons to press.
    I would have to take exception to that. I've find, with the addition of the 3 talented cooldowns to track, my "rotational" abilities take up practically my entire bar. I guess what I'm trying to say is what is, if you find SV hunter the easiest rotation, what is it that makes other rotations more difficult?

*For me, my first two 90's were Shaman and DK and I would have to agree that both Elemental and Frost are pretty straight forward rotations.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2013-01-14 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB View Post
    Ele Shaman HANDS DOWN
    Mage also!
    Playing a Shaman myself, I have to agree that Ele ist pretty easy, especially when it comes to multitarget/AE damage (spam Chain Lightning).
    Luckiliy, Shaman also offers one of the most fun specs to play since Enhancement is fairly complicated.

Played:

Rogue, frost DK, enhance shaman, ret pally (yeah, I like melee).

I'd say (all these are relative. Nothing is HARD to play):

Rogue: Fairly simple, it's kinda spammy and not SOOO fussed about ability timing so long as you keep 1 buff (slice) running properly and can time your cooldown use reasonably. The spamability makes it good for those with ADHD who don't have the concentration to work out a priority queue. Fairly fun to play though.

Enhance Shaman: Extremely high skill cap. The base rotation isn't so hard so long as you can keep track of a few buff/debuffs and remember a priority listing. It IS a tonne of fun to play. Moved to this from rogue and was a very happy spacegoat for a while.

Frost DK: Probably one of the most faceroll melee classes around. You can do the main priority queue on 3 buttons. No real chance in rotation to go from single target to cleave goodness and some nice iconic moves (deathgrip, army) to round out. If you want to max the meters easily I'd probably give frost the nod from the ones I've played.

Ret Pally: Kinda strange class. Most of the time you just need to keep a basic prio system running and watch for a buff that needs reacting to ASAP. You'll spend most of the time doing pretty average at best dps then about every 2/3 minutes you pop cooldowns, everything changes (depending on talent choices) and you get to do utterly sick DPS (I peak at about 200k dps in the opening burst on most boss fights). If you like (occasional) big numbers and the ability to go ape-shit on demand while questing etc this is the class to go for. With everything popped the pally becomes a juggernaut, the rest of the time though it feels rather underpowered.

I've been through them in about that order and currently going back to frost DK. I find it rather fun to play (if a little easy). Planning to get back into raid lead at some point so not having to pay QUITE so much attention to my character is a good thing

I see a lot of folks saying "oh I play X, it's only got 5 buttons a couple of cooldowns and a couple of buffs to track, it's the easiest class". While it's not hard by a long way, if you look at the alternatives a bit you'd realise there are classes out there that mash 2/3 buttons with 1 cooldown, end of difficulty.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2013-01-14 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunba View Post
    Hunters by far, you just press Arcane Shot and if you haven't got enough focus you press Cobra Shot. Need at least another 5 buttons to push I think.
    I'm with Radio on this, as it is a bloody huge simplification. There are 7 rotational abilities (granted 2 you can mostly "set it and forget it") followed by 8 cooldowns that have different rules of usage.

Not to disparage, but if you are just pressing Arcane Shot & Cobra Shot...and 5 other random things, you would be included in the "average at best" group. I would argue that this thread would have been better titled as "easiest rotation to master", at least I think that was what the OP was getting at. The Hunter specs may be included in "easiest to be average at?", maybe. But there are definitely easier spec's to master.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    Playing a Shaman myself, I have to agree that Ele ist pretty easy, especially when it comes to multitarget/AE damage (spam Chain Lightning).
    Luckiliy, Shaman also offers one of the most fun specs to play since Enhancement is fairly complicated.
    I've played Enh. since TBC, and I recently put mine on the shelf due to the feel of the rotation. There is nothing to manage or watch - its all just a cooldown based rotation with a proc that triggers every 4-5 sec.

I've played(raided) as: Enh shammy, arms warrior, demon lock, retri pally, assasin rogue, frost DK. Enh and assasin are probably the easiest of those. DK is easy, but hard to master and takes too much attention to micro manage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm with Radio on this, as it is a bloody huge simplification. There are 7 rotational abilities (granted 2 you can mostly "set it and forget it") followed by 8 cooldowns that have different rules of usage.

Not to disparage, but if you are just pressing Arcane Shot & Cobra Shot...and 5 other random things, you would be included in the "average at best" group. I would argue that this thread would have been better titled as "easiest rotation to master", at least I think that was what the OP was getting at. The Hunter specs may be included in "easiest to be average at?", maybe. But there are definitely easier spec's to master.
    Knowing Gunba he's being sarcastic. (I wonder if he remembers me...)

Quote Originally Posted by Evoll View Post
    I've played Enh. since TBC, and I recently put mine on the shelf due to the feel of the rotation. There is nothing to manage or watch - its all just a cooldown based rotation with a proc that triggers every 4-5 sec.
    Well, there is some attention required to know when to cast LB/CL with <5 MW stacks and when to refresh FS, but I agree that's nowhere near complicated as Enh used to be. But then again, there are no such specs as BC Slamwarrior, WotLK Enh and Feral or early Cata Sub Rogue atm.

DKs easiest. Priests are a little hard at times when you have to multidot and track the timers. Singletarget they are easy. Ele shamans are pretty simple, so are rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele Sham and Shadow Priest. Feral in my opinion is one of the most complicated classes to play.

Deleted
    Arcane mage in mop with scorch weaving will be removed though : /

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    shadow priest is real easy - from my experience there isnt a massive gap in dps between good and bad spriests. frost DK is also very easy.
    While frost DK is very easy to get decent with, there's quite high skill cap to squeeze max from that class, especially when DWing.

I would say frost dk for simple use, good dps. Though ele is simple its now been brought up with other classes(because most classes are simple) rotation wise. Two 3 min cds a 12 second sec, a 1min totem refresh and 2 procs. The skill and better dps with ele shammy came from positioning in fights to reduce movement but now with such low damage form lighting bolt and the glyph they took away that part of the class and add really one extra spell and to keep placing totems.

Demo lock. just because I'm playing it as mainspec since WotLK's ulduar patch.

Deleted
    I mentioned frost dk and ele shammy earlier.... I completely forgot about my mage. Frost mage is probably the easiest of the mage specs, but none of them are hard to execute AT ALL.
    Prio system here:
    Use procs
    Use cds
    Keep your dot up max amount of time.
    Spam your filler

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    Demo lock. just because I'm playing it as mainspec since WotLK's ulduar patch.
    And I find this the HARDEST to play. spens ome hours on it and realized I would never learn it to a degree that it would be useful. In wotlk I mained demo lock, nowadays I find it very confusing.