Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're worrying about your height? you're not even short (like it matters in the grand scheme of things)
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

May it have something to do with my dad being 175 cm, and my mom 150 cm?

My dad had 2 other wives in the past, but my half brothers are all 190-200 cm and my sister is 180 cm.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    You're worrying about your height? you're not even short (like it matters in the grand scheme of things)
    I am short if you look at me together with other people... I considered moving to another country when I'm done with my studies so I can blend in and not stand out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont drink caffeine/alcohol but I cant survive without 7+ cigarettes a day. Tried everything to quit but no good. Does nicotine really impact height that much?
    no

but maybe i'm just a freak

stop being so self conscious! do you want to be michael jordan or something? I cant see myself more (or much more) than being 180 CM myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post

My dad had 2 other wives in the past, but my half brothers are all 190-200 cm and my sister is 180 cm.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 10:25 AM ----------

I am short if you look at me together with other people... I considered moving to another country when I'm done with my studies so I can blend in and not stand out.
    genetics is pretty big as well. my family seems to have gotten shorter with each generation, lol.

Deleted

My mom is about 165 and my dad 170, every relative on both sides are under 180 (Most under 165), I am 195 and my little brother about 185 something.

So eighter the mail man is involved or its just a freakish anomoly

EDIT: I was about 165 untill I was about 18, then I grew like 20cm in a 2 month growth spurt!
    Last edited by mmoceec252ebf2; 2013-01-14 at 09:31 AM.

I was 5'6 in 9th grade when i was 14-15 years old, im 20 now and still 5'6. I guess it all depends on the person, i know some ppl are 18-19 and they are still growing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    ...is your whole class afflicted with giantism?
    Not that uncommon in Norway.
    For what its worth my class had roughly 4 males over 2meters (me included) 11-12 on 195-190ish and just 4 below 180, alot more shorter females however.
    The impression I have growing up here is that even if you are close to average or average height, you will always be dwarfed as quite tall people are very frequent. In other words there are large variations ; big group of 160-170 <- -> equally if not bigger group of people at 190+.

176 is short in norway, It is not short world wide.
    Why is 176 short in norway? because everyone is like 185+ even the girls.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    176 is short in norway, It is not short world wide.
    Why is 176 short in norway? because everyone is like 185+ even the girls.
    i need to steal the height of everyone there then, they wont miss much!

I get mildly annoyed when close to average height people complain about being short. You should spend a day in my shoes, I'm 166 cm and most of my friends are 190+.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, being tall has it's disadvantages, I'd rather be shorter to be honest. I'm 192cm (or 6"4) and I often get leg cramps and back ache, especially when having to stand up for long periods of time. It could of course just be my posture, but I'm sure if I was shorter I'd have less trouble.

176cm doesn't seem "short" to me, my Mum is 153cm, that's short lol.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    According to http://unusual-wow.blogspot.se/2009/...t-average.html Norway is 4th in the world when it comes to average height. That height is stated to be 5 feet 10.7 inches for men, which is 179.6 cm.

At 176, you're slightly below average, which is completely normal and certainly not something you need to worry about. I very much doubt you are the shortest person in your class as you say, but if it is indeed true you just happen to be surrounded by people that are all of above average height. That'll solve itself when you get out of school.

I dont drink caffeine/alcohol but I cant survive without 7+ cigarettes a day. Tried everything to quit but no good. Does nicotine really impact height that much?
    I was smoking for 5 years. I'm 183cm (6') tall at the age of 21 and my dad is 186. I think smoking took its toll and I'll never outgrow my dad. Quit that crap and stop poisoning yourself!

Oh and don't worry. You're not short. Your class mates are just extra tall.

Deleted
    Average is 180. When I was 6 and first day of school I was 90 cm. All up to now I always been the shortest.

Considering taking hormone pills or something to grow more.
    Yes, average of Norway is 180, which you're short of for 4cm, which is nothing. Just because your class is all around taller than average, and apparently as you say all the girls in your class are 10cm above country average doesn't change this fact. And worldwide avg height of a male is 172cm, so you're still good.

Honestly, you're making a whole lot out of nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your like 5'8"...cry me a river, i'm 5 foot nothing and 20 years old....(guy).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pltr View Post
    Funny how it depends on the country. In Russia with my 180cm I often feel just a little bit short. In countries like Netherlands or indeed Norway I feel like a dwarf. In the US I it's kind of opposite of Russia - more often than not I can see tops of people heads. In the southeast asia/mexico .. well you get the idea.
    The point being - 176 is more than fine from the point of world average if that's of any consolation. In any case, height has barely any bearing on anything. And when it does it's better to be shorter (easier to fit into different places).
    QFT. At ~190cm I feel quite normal around here (Finland) and the other Nordic countries. Most people seem to be my height +-5-10 cm.
    Then you go to southern Europe or further and you feel like a giant lol.

@OP: at 176cm I envy you when it comes to one thing: Try being 190cm or more and fitting into an airplane seat.... fucking impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would say around 14 ......4.9-5ft tall (girl)

Deleted
    I stopped at about 16. I was the tallest in my class from about 8 all the way up until then and after that everyone else grew an extra bit over the top. I'm 5'9 and honestly don't understand what the big deal is about being shorter, any subconscious perceptions people have of me are overwritten by my actions.

Deleted
    Think I come from a dwarffamily. Dad's about 165, mum's 160 at best, all siblings below 170, and I'm at 176 one of the tallest in all of extended family of about 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 18, 195 right now, still growing each year. Was 194 last year.
    Currently Procrastinating