Thread: I'm sick. =(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Extremely spicy food works for me.I would also recommend a lot of sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Staler View Post
    Because i'm not sick and i'm feeling healthy right now? I ride bike to work every day, hot, cold, rain, snow, ice (yea even in -18C), it's not cold that gets you, it's other sick people.
    And that's how I got sick is from everyone else in the house being sick. They've all been sick for a few weeks now and I've been able to prevent myself from being sick until yesterday. I think I did a good job. I haven't been sick in over a year believe it or not. Washing your hands goes a long way after touching things other people touched.

Last time i was really sick (light pneumonia) my doctor gave me 2 antibiotics at once and one of the 2 was used to treat people on chemo. I was back up in less 4 days.

Ask for the good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    It's hard to not get sick when you have a house full of sick people. I have a bad cough and slight stuffy nose. Believe it or not, medicine doesn't seem to work for me. So any other tips and tricks to get over this quickly? Especially this nasty cough.
    Unless you're taking antivirals or antibiotics (which would require a doctor visit), OTC medicines just treat symptoms, not the cause.

If you're in the US, take this seriously. The flu that's going around right now is no joke. Lots of clear fluids, make sure you're always taking dayquil or nyquil, and lots of bed rest.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Unless you're taking antivirals or antibiotics (which would require a doctor visit), OTC medicines just treat symptoms, not the cause.

If you're in the US, take this seriously. The flu that's going around right now is no joke. Lots of clear fluids, make sure you're always taking dayquil or nyquil, and lots of bed rest.
    Pish I just got over it. I did nothing I don't normally do, except an extra hour or two of sleep a night. Dayquil? Nyquil? Those are for sissies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Pish I just got over it. I did nothing I don't normally do, except an extra hour or two of sleep a night. Dayquil? Nyquil? Those are for sissies!
    Yeah well you sissies don't get actual illnesses over there. Not like the shit we got here!
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You make it sound like that's not common knowledge??
    It can also cause headaches... especially if you already have a light headache.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    It's hard to not get sick when you have a house full of sick people. I have a bad cough and slight stuffy nose. Believe it or not, medicine doesn't seem to work for me. So any other tips and tricks to get over this quickly? Especially this nasty cough.
    Drink 5 cups of green tea a day for the rest of your life and laugh when other people around you get ill. You will get ill at some stage, but I think the gap between colds I had last was nearly 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    It can also cause headaches... especially if you already have a light headache.
    When my head hurts i take a shower or have something to eat and gets a bit better. Would imagine it has something to do with the allocation of blood... so... yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You make it sound like that's not common knowledge??
    And of course it's semaphore confirming this for everyone.

Yeah well you sissies don't get actual illnesses over there. Not like the shit we got here!
    DE doesn't get illnesses? News to me.

Now the Norse and Germanic blood in MN is pretty disease-free (and tall) but out here on the east coast, these people are disgusting with all their coughing and sneezing and non washing. Specially Philly.

10+ Year Old Account
    DE doesn't get illnesses? News to me.

Now the Norse and Germanic blood in MN is pretty disease-free (and tall) but out here on the east coast, these people are disgusting with all their coughing and sneezing and non washing. Specially Philly.
    Dude I'm pretty sure I'd just kill myself than have to live in the northeast. Maybe I'd be okay in, like, rural Maine...

Besides, don't start the dick-waving contest with an Okie. We get tornadoes, man. And I don't mean those little twisters yall get up north, I mean world-ending tornadoes that god calls up when he decides he just really doesn't like what we've done with the place.

Dude I'm pretty sure I'd just kill myself than have to live in the northeast. Maybe I'd be okay in, like, rural Maine...

Besides, don't start the dick-waving contest with an Okie. We get tornadoes, man. And I don't mean those little twisters yall get up north, I mean world-ending tornadoes that god calls up when he decides he just really doesn't like what we've done with the place.
    I'm not in a dick-waving contest. I'm just saying that illness spreads much faster in large population centers and Oklahoma isn't one. I see a much greater percentage of the population sick (like all the time) out here than I ever did in MN.

That might have to do with all the pollutants in the air and whatnot, but those can't possibly be bad for us, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not in a dick-waving contest.
    That's right, you just step back, son. Ain't can't handle none of this!

I'm just saying that illness spreads much faster in large population centers and Oklahoma isn't one. I see a much greater percentage of the population sick (like all the time) out here than I ever did in MN.

That might have to do with all the pollutants in the air and whatnot, but those can't possibly be bad for us, right?
    Yeah. The flipside might be that because you folks are packed in like sardines up there, you're more accustomed to getting sick and being exposed to radiation and alien viruses and whatever the hell else gets passed around in those shitpiles you call cities.

I do know that the flu that's been going around in these parts has been pretty gruesome. Into the double digits of deaths caused by it and my boss's little girl is very sick right now, was in the ICU last I heard. Hell, I'm a bulletproof golden god (of course; everyone already knew that) and it knocked me on my ass for two days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Is this actually true?
    Well, it elevates pulse and blood pressure, and the actual finish releases a lot of one of the brain's feel-good hormones, so... yeah, it's actually pretty true.

Deleted
    Krya på dig ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papaz View Post
    - Shower once a day
    - Tea with honey
    - Watch Lord of the rings trilogy
    I guess I'm not the only one with that habit when sick.

Rum Toddy

2 oz rum
    1 tsp sugar
    5 1/2 ozboiling water

Place a sugar cube or equivalent into an Irish coffee cup or mug. Fill 2/3 full with boiling water. Add rum and stir. Garnish with a slice of lemon, dust with nutmeg, and serve.

Deleted
    Typically, posting threads seeking medical advice is not allowed on these forums, whether it's regarding getting rid of the sniffles or asking why a gaping whole in your foot is starting to smell funny, because if bad or sarcastic advice (which has already shown up in responses here) is taken seriously, then it could be very dangerous.

The best course of action to take, if you ever have medical queries, is to seek professional advice from a doctor.

Closing this thread to avoid further problematic responses.