Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.3 Will Be Another Lore Patch?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Even Ethereals need a vacation, and the item upgraders (Voidbinders), are no exception. They’re saying they need to go home to take care of business arrangements, but … I’m not convinced. I think they’re just homesick for their ‘space mummy’ families.

Ok ok, fourth wall broken, we’re actually just temporarily removing them from the game for 5.2 due to the new raid tier. The idea with the item upgrade system is that it’s a way to spend currency on upgrading items when buying new items isn’t the clear path. Either you’ve bought everything, or at least most of them, and then spend currency to get that extra *oomph*. With a new raid tier coming, we don’t want to create a trap where people are wondering what’s more lucrative: spend currency on new items, or on the new gear appearing on vendors? (Hint: It’s the new gear on vendors.) To help ensure we’re not indirectly encouraging anyone to spend their currency somewhere they probably shouldn’t, the item upgraders will be taking a break.

Right now we’re planning for them to return in 5.3, which will not have a raid tier, and offer upgrades again as people will have likely have some currency to burn. We’re not sure yet if we’ll continue this cycle of having them take a break for raid patches and then come back in non-raid patches, but we’ll continue evaluating as we go, absorb feedback, and let you know how these plans evolve.
    Source.

I'm happy with it, as long as it comes out in a similar timeframe to 5.1 (IE, one, two months.)

I feel like it will also include dungeons dropping 489+ as a catchup mechanic, but that's entirely speculation.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good people get to catch up in terms of people doing progression.

I would much rather they put a cap on the item levels that can be upgraded.

For instance, if I want to get into the new LFR and I have the option of upgrading a piece because I don't have rep at RNG hates me, I can't.

If they could do something like - "only usable on items that were originally ilvl < X" that might be more convenient for the community rather than removing them all together.

5.3 will likely have 2 BGs in it and a new daily area, as the major thing. Maybe some other feature that gets the PvErs excited, aside from dailies.

I thought this was mostly accepted and now its nice to a blue confirmation. Odd and even lore/ raid patches. This is why MoP will be 6 patches big and we had all the fighting of how many patches about it even though .5 maybe the last raid path with Orgimmar.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    5.1 was pretty fun, for me. So if they decide to go for another similar one, whilst improving upon what they did with 5.1, I wouldn't really have any objection. I'm hoping that it comes out in the same timely manner that 5.1 did though, I don't want it tacked on 5 months after Throne of Thunder comes out as some barrier between 5.2 and the next raid tier.

This is the pattern I'm expecting with Mists, yes.

Raid Tier, Lore Patch, Raid Tier, Lore Patch, Raid Tier(, Lore Patch, Raid Tier).

We'll probably see 3 raid tiers this expansion, but 4 is always a possibility.

I enjoyed what they did with 5.1-- it really broke up the tier-by-tier content feel and gave me something fresh to do while still working on the current raids. Hopefully we'll see 5.2/5.3/5.4/5.5 run on a similar schedule.

Ah another lore patch

Another chance for them to start a random story and never finish it.

Deleted
    So far, I like what they've done. And i'm hyped for dinosaur island.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I would much rather they put a cap on the item levels that can be upgraded.

For instance, if I want to get into the new LFR and I have the option of upgrading a piece because I don't have rep at RNG hates me, I can't.

If they could do something like - "only usable on items that were originally ilvl < X" that might be more convenient for the community rather than removing them all together.
    Actually i think these is a good idea, making it only be able to items of the previews raid so it will be easier to catch up with others

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ah another lore patch

Thats the forum QQ and bitch mindset good job! Now lets talk about how everything sucks since BC.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ah another lore patch

also another chance for them to finish many of those random stories

Deleted
    Gief more lore, so many characters and other things that's static for far to long before they get any "air time".

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    also another chance for them to finish many of those random stories
    Maybe gallywixx will be in the game!?!!?

10+ Year Old Account
    it will be more dailies

10+ Year Old Account
    So no raid eh, so a new BG may be incoming at some point, we all saw what happened when you had a raid and a BG in the same patch back in wrath. We got crusaders colleseum.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Deleted
    Glad they are doing it this way, nothing worse than feeling you need to max out gear in one patch for it to be replaced so soon after.
    I'd rather have a lore patch in between, gives more strength to the characters rather than them just turning up in a raid all ready

I'm just way too stoked for the lore MoP is going on. At first I thought it'd be a lot of Pandaren lore, but throwing Blood Elves, Explorer's League, The Kiron Tor and Warlocks into a single story arch I wasn't expecting at all! I hope Blizzard doesn't slow down with the storyline, it has me more hooked on WoW than I've ever been,

10+ Year Old Account
    More time on Dinosaur Island, there is no world where this is not a very good thing.

tbh I very much like the idea of having the "Major" raid patches broken up by smaller Lore based Daily quest patches. As long as the new faction based shenanigans are as cool as the Dominance Offensive stuff was in 5.1 then I'm more than happy to have two or three more patches like that in MoP.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2013-01-14 at 07:46 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

5.3 will likely be less a lore patch and more a "PVP" patch. They need something to really spice up the war before Garrosh gets killed in 5.4