Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    The only visible animation when i use my character are his harms lifting up or shooting foreward and i can't see how you can improve that basic animation.
    Ever seen a male Orc AOE? It's absolutely tragic to see their arm literally disconnect from their body. Even 8+ years ago the shit should have been caught by QC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Dreading the day more than anticipating it. The new trolls look atrocious and I don't really want them fucking around with all the other races like that.
    The new female troll model they had for the Thundering Isle area looked 10x better then they currently do. I am assuming the new orcs and humans will look about like what the MoP trailer had to offer. If so, the new models will be welcomed in my book. The old models do look a bit odd when compared to the new Worgen, Goblin and Panda models.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm so waiting for the day when the "I'd rather have better gameplay than new character models" people realize that the art department and the gameplay departments are completely separate and have several sub departments.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    • It's a lot of work, way more than you seem to understand.
    • It's not a substitute for actual content or gameplay, which are more important by default.
    • It's stupid to quit WoW solely because of a cosmetic complaint. I can't even invoke the rule of subjectivity here, that's just plain dumb.
    You sir, are totally right.

Like everyone's said, the changes are purely cosmetic. Sure, they'll be nice when they're fully implemented -- but they shouldn't effect your overall satisfaction derived from the game too much, especially if you've been playing from close to the game's onset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    people realize that the art department and the gameplay departments are completely separate and have several sub departments.
    Didn't you hear? This is 1985, and software companies are just five people working out of their Garage.

Samwise and Metzen do all the art and write all the stories, served occasionally by Ghost crawler when he isn't single handedly balancing and creating all raid content (he, of course, does so while laughing maniacally,) then they turn it over to Zarhym who programs the entire game, and all of whom toil under the stoic, ferocious gaze of Morhaime, who sits on his throne of gold and skulls, clutching a replica frostmourne in his right hand, the helm of domination seated on his left leg.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-14 at 05:59 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I think one area where new models would help is with with recruiting new players to the game.

Having 10 year old low resolution textures on a very low poly count frame, together with extremely crude character animations and with a laughable amount of character customization is not the way to convince new players to join the game. New customers are the life blood of an mmo, without them the population can only get smaller as long time players leave.

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Good. I could care less about graphics and animations etc etc. I'd rather them focus and balancing pvp and fixing other gameplay issues.

Blizzard only does crap like this because they want you to think they're improving the game when they're just changing pixels. Don't get fooled by their bells and whistles.
    Two different teams handle these things.. would you hire a plumber to fix your car?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    I think one area where new models would help is with with recruiting new players to the game.

Having 10 year old low resolution textures on a very low poly count frame, together with extremely crude character animations and with a laughable amount of character customization is not the way to convince new players to join the game. New customers are the life blood of an mmo, without them the population can only get smaller as long time players leave.
    If this topic was a nail, you'd have just scored a headshot.
    A ton of current players want new models, and that makes the new player models important. But even if not one single existing player asked for them, new players would expect them. THAT is the key to WoW's success, is that it maintains that level of turnover, replacing it's losses as fast as (or faster than) they occur.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    new models needed

Last game that I played which had major character model updates (Dark Age of Camelot), I ended up deleting several mid-to-high level characters because the new looks and animations were so alien to what I had been used to that I simply couldn't stand playing the character anymore. So I can see why Blizzard is very careful about making changes to try to avoid the whole "Well, they look a lot more detailed, but don't look anything like my character."

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Good. I could care less about graphics and animations etc etc. I'd rather them focus and balancing pvp and fixing other gameplay issues.

Blizzard only does crap like this because they want you to think they're improving the game when they're just changing pixels. Don't get fooled by their bells and whistles.

i doubt they will ever balance pvp , and yes im one of those that think pvp was better in old days of taren mill alliance vs hord.. but not the pvp we have today
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    i doubt they will ever balance pvp , and yes im one of those that think pvp was better in old days of taren mill alliance vs hord.. but not the pvp we have today
    cause you didnt gain anything from it. now its a rpg stat building game and whoever has the biggest boots wins

They'd have to update every model all at once. Having only updated Humans and Orcs wouldn't make much sense, even if its patches at a time.

Well, once we get new models, everyone will just complain how the old models were better and how they want them back and how WoW is dead.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Well, once we get new models, everyone will just complain how the old models were better and how they want them back and how WoW is dead.
    This, nostalgia is huge in this game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puna View Post
    Problem is no matter how much money you throw at an artist they cant work that much faster. I don't know about you guys, but I dot want to end up with some half retarded toon that was thrown together with extra pixel count. WoW's character models and movement outclass any other mmo out there. There is going to be so much QQ even when they do put them out there since people are so attached to their characters. I'm all for a huge customization for each race but not at the expense of quality.
    how about ferals with big muscles

Yes they are a sneaky business and they are waiting for a good moment to release them. They also run on an insultingly low budget considering the trucks of money a sea of zombie fans ship them monthly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry you've decided to stop playing the game for this, but honestly, try and find a game that offers as much as WoW does. To say that Blizzard is being lazy is unbelievable considering just how much content World of Warcraft has. The character models are coming. If you don't want to play until they release them fine, but don't call Blizzard lazy just because the 1 feature you want isn't given to you today.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yes they are a sneaky business and they are waiting for a good moment to release them.
    Not sure if this is said sarcastically. If you are, well, good on ya. If not, then how are they "sneaky", exactly?

They also run on an insultingly low budget considering the trucks of money a sea of zombie fans ship them monthly.
    First off, again, I really wish people would stop with the mindset of "ZOMFG THEY HAVE LOTS OF MONEY, HIRE EVERYONE AND WE'LL HAVE ALL THE CONTENT!" It doesn't work like that, and I sincerely doubt that there are enough talented employees that fit to do so. Oh, and just because you don't like them (judging by your post), doesn't mean that because someone is paying for the service and entertainment doesn't make them a "zombie" who's "shipping" them money. Let me guess, you hate Apple too, right? *sigh*